What do we think of the newest London guests ?

dufresne

I have to say - tonight's guests are all "circuit regulars", but they are high end at least !

Sorry, but for once you're talking a load of

Pony%20and%20Trap.jpg

Terry Farrell a circuit regular? I bloody well think not! I've waited years to meet this goddess and now my dream will come true. :firedevil:

She's not even done a con in the US for years.

Edited by THX

• Moderators

Plus "conventions" such as Buffy ones and Star Trek ones etc, there are plenty of people who don't attend shows like that, only signing shows like Collectormania, so I think most of them are "rare" to this type of show :firedevil:

the guests announced for LFCC3 are certainly not regulars.

the guests for C7 on the otherhand seem to turn up for almost every event with the exception of alexander siddig.

Agreed. I don't think Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker even warrant an annoucement.

I thought they just turned up to events like this as standard. They're hardly going to pull in the punters.

the guests for C7 on the otherhand seem to turn up for almost every event with the exception of alexander siddig.

I thought they just turned up to events like this as standard. They're hardly going to pull in the punters.

Well there are always new fans AB, and as you will see in the Dave Prowse announcement thread there are people who want to meet him at C7 :angry:

Davey :firedevil:

Well there are always new fans AB, and as you will see in the Dave Prowse announcement thread there are people who want to meet him at C7 :angry:

Davey :D

As far as I and few others on here seem to be concerned, I think building up to guest annoucments over a whole week and then giving us Dave Prowse & Kenny Baker is, and no offence to them, slightly taking the mick.

Edited by THX

I think LFCC3 is shaping up to be excellent!!

And I personally have never seen Terry Farrell do anything over here before and it's been *years* since Robert Beltran did any signings in the UK.

So yes looks good :lol:

I will be the first to admit I wasn't overly impressed with the first set of guests that were announced but tonights include some really good names.

Not everyone is from a series I'm a fan of but like most males on here I find the likes of Charisma Carpenter most welcome!!

I think now the event is shaping up nicely

• Moderators

I don't think it's taking the mick having Dave and Kenny announced. Would it be taking the mick if that was ALL we got? Sure! Definitely, and I for one would be extremely disappointed. But, it's no surprise that they ARE coming, plus we got Alexander Siddig, Terry Farrell, Charisma Carpenter, and Ron Perlman, all of which I'm VERY happy about!

But then there's the key thing: I'M happy about them. And it's all down to personal preference. It's all down to what u like, or don't like, and how many other shows u've attended etc. So when it's meant to be "better than anything ever to come to the UK", that's all relative, and there's no way of saying what's best really!

I have no problem with the likes of Dave Prowse, Kenny Baker, Sala Baker, Lawrence etc attending and I'll explain. It's not cuz I moderate the forum or always side with SMs etc as some people believe, it's simply this: I doubt they cost very much, if anything at all, to get them at events, plus we ALL know that they're not taking up anyone's space! If Ewan Mcgregor or Ian McKellen wanted to come, SMs aren't gonna turn round n say "oh sorry, we just announced Kenny Baker so we can't fit u in/can't afford u etc" are they? So it's no big deal really, if the bigger guests are available then they'll still be signed up!

It's never a case of them INSTEAD of other guests, so that's why I don't have a problem with them being announced.

I'm happy enough with some of the guests, as I always am, and I don't think I could afford it if I ever wanted to see ALL the guests at an event anyway! But hopefully some people understand the logic behind me not being too bothered that some repeat guests are announced.