*** MOST UNFRIENDLIEST GUESTS ***

Mr Wiggly

I disagree with that Noddy. If that were the case you'd might as well buy already signed photos without ever meeting a guest? The point is you meet a person, say hello, share some insight about yourself, get a photo. Any bonus would come in the form of something they do or say or even give to you always with a smile.

I think it's great people have and share out various POV (points of view) after meeting different guests and talking about the various experiences after meeting the same guest. Makes you understand what makes some of them tick. I liked the fact the ones that aren't obsessed with racking up tons of people in their queues for cash but actually care about you and your short brief time, meeting them in person. Add something to your day and make that £15 or £20 bucks worth every penny!

As for the grumpy group. for the first time anyone i met wasn't. But i did see several who obviously were - :wub:

And boy, they didn't hide at all.

Do they like being rude on purpose. i can't answer that but i will say this, if CM is to last. It needs to acknowledge the fact, guests shouldn't attend these kind of events and be all pi$$ed off. I really doesn't do them any favors at the end of the day. Who comes off worse, a customer nobody knows? Or a well known TV/Movie star who happens to be out in public. Haven't they heard them term. "Word-Of Mouth". It ain't pretty if bad news of certain guests spread like wildfire would it.

Did anyone feel like cattle being herded thru nicholas brendons queue?

:wub:

I've said that to people in the queues, and they've said it to me blatantly. We all think alike it seems!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee were the guest's i was let down by, I know they have been there all day and they were obviously tired; so i anknowledge that.

I didnt like the idea of writting our own names on a piece of paper, surely the guests could of just asked our names, not posing for photo's was a bit weird also.

Next time im defintly going to get there first; so i can see the guests at thier best.

:spidy:

Most guests seemed ok. Dont see why couldnt take Carrie pics. Staff said it would hold up queue. Not when taking pics while shes signing it wouldnt. She had time to give my partner a kiss. So could have taken a photo of this surely.

Billy Dee was happy to shake hands, even if he seemed confused by this! Nicolas was happy to shake hands and have a few words for my son. I took photo of him with flash!! Didn't seem to mind.

The other Buffy boys looked p*@~#d. Didnt bother with them. The guests are there to met the fans. Photos come with the job of being famous.

In future we want guests who enjoy themselves like established actors eg Brian Blessed. The Americans seem to be more moody!

My number one spot is definately Carrie Fisher.

A big disappointment, she may might as well have been given a stack of photos to sign & hand out for all the notice she took of me. I do appreciate that sitting there all day would take its toll but there really was no need to blank me quite so much - she was more interested in talking to 'Derek' who was sitting next to her. I would have been better off buying a signed photo from a collector - at least it would have been recognisable as hers - mine looked like an accident.

Quality NOT quantity should be the order of the day, never would I suggest she was here just for the cash. At around 5.00pm she was signing close to No 900 @ £25 thats a cool £22500.

Carrie next time give your fans just a few seconds to say hello.

i dont no if this is tru but i herd that carrie was to make £30,000 for 8 hours work!

Wouldnt be suprised as other guests in the past have been paid about that just to attend so I wouldnt be suprised if Carrie was paid £50,000 just to attend.

Also, I met Nicholas Brendon yesterday before 12 and when I went to meet him there was no queue at all, I just handed over my ticket, chose the photo I wanted then I said hi, gave him the photo, told him my name, took a photo of him signing it, said 'was nice meeting you', shoke his hand then left. I dont know what time all the cattle herding with him went on but when I saw him I was the only person there and I found him very pleasent.

Michael Dorn didnt seem very chatty but then nor am I so I thought he was fine, he asked if I wanted the photo personalised then he signed my TNG print with a silver pen like I asked then I asked if I could take a picture, reassured him the flash was off and took one which got him and Brent in the same picture, came away quite pleased.

As for Carrie and Billy Dee, I think the writing your name on a piece of paper was a great idea, there have been signs up for years saying about how having your name on a piece of paper speeds everything up, I know some people dont see the point in this but if you have an unusual name it can hold things up while you spell your name to the guest so having it written on a piece of paper really does help. As for the no posed photos, I knew that was going to happen, if they want to get through 1000 people in a single day you have to cut out posed photos as you cant expect the guests to keep getting up, waiting for the photo to be taken then sitting back down but I didnt understand why they stopped people from just taking a pic of Carrie signing, its happening at the same time as she is signing so you cant be holding anything up but at least she personalised my photo, with Elijah I didnt even get that.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Michael Dorn has to win the award for the most unfriendly guest, he looked liked he just didn't want to be there.

Hardly a murmur passed his lips, he just skwiggled something that looked vaguely like his name on his photo.

When we was about to take his photo he whinced 'no flash no flash' and my fiancee explained that the flash was turned OFF and he subsequently settled down back into robot mode (This was strange as I had just taken his photo myself WITHOUT the flash).

Anyone had any similar experience with him or other guests!

I heard that he was very badly jetlagged, and wasnt feeling too good this weekend..

some people are better with flying than others.. i think he will be alright next time..

i heard quite a few bad tales of the Carrie Fisher autographs..

including one of someone taking a picture outside the window of her, from a way away, so it wasnt that obvious, and one of her henchmen coming out and telling the poor guy off! And he only got the back of her head!

It gets my goat.. these people (Carrie i mean, not michael) are quite happy to sit there, with fans paying a fair amount of money for a signiture (£25) and flatly refuse any photos at all, then why did they even bother turning up! they could have sat at home, signed all the photos and just posted them to Collectormania and sold them that way! If she doesnt want the photos taken and talking to the fans why does she come to these events?!?

I found Michael Dorn very grumpy on the Saturday. He didn't even talk to me or acknowledge me. I'd met him previously at Creation's London event in Jan 03, and he was much more friendly and polite.

I suppose that for whatever reasons, he just didn't want to be signing at C6 or at that specific time. Not that that's any excuse to ignore people who've come to see you.

It's sad about Billy Dee Williams' apparant behaviour. I didn't queue to see him, but I saw him sitting at the table surrounded by suited gorillas. He really looked like he didn't want to be there.

Another nail in the coffin for SM's getting more "bigger" guests.

The biggest shock to me was how ballistic Margot Kidder's queue went on Saturday morning. I didn't expect many people to see her. I went for a ticket about 11am after I'd seen everyone else I wanted to, and they were already up to 650.

I decided discretion was the better part of valour and went home!

Respect

Admiral Bear

I heard that he was very badly jetlagged, and wasnt feeling too good this weekend..

some people are better with flying than others.. i think he will be alright next time..

If true, that would explain his grumpiness.

I think I can forgive old Dorny if he was under the weather. Better that he decided to turn up than not at all.

i saw carrie at about 11am on saturday and she did not even look at me, i said 'hello, how are you?' and she did not even glance up at me. I was gutted. I felt like going, 'can i have my money back please'

i saw carrie at about 11am on saturday and she did not even look at me, i said 'hello, how are you?' and she did not even glance up at me. I was gutted. I felt like going, 'can i have my money back please'

costing £25, i would have!

she is an ACTRESS! cant she at least ACT nice for the day? jeez, she probably gets paid enough for it!

i get days at work when i really cant be doing with it, but yet i put on a smile, and act happy and courteous all day, and im on a lot less that she is!

just my $0.02

I saw Carrie at 4pm yesterday and at least got a sweet smile from her. I can understand she would have been feeling a little ragged by that stage.

But BILLY DEE ... good grief man take off those glasses so we can actually see if you are acknowledging our prescence!! Y'see we can't tell because you didn't SPEAK to anyone ... not even at 10:30am!!

We are your fans Billy! The ones who keep you famous!! Let's face it, Harrison Ford you ain't buddy!

And were we writing our names on pieces of paper because they can't spell or because they really didn't want to speak to us!!

Ah .. you gotta laugh eh!

Still Lovin' Miss Fisher though ... GO CARRIE!!

I'd like to know if anyone spoke to Margot Kidder ... she looked like she was ready to explode!!

hey everyone!

I managed to meet 11 guests on the friday and im just gonna put their names and how i found them in order of who i met:

Nicholas = i was one of the first fans to meet him as i had waited to get a ticket since 8am. but i did find that even then everything was rushed, he did say 'hi, how you doing?' to me, but he didnt really look up. i was a bit dissapointed that he didnt really want to chat and that he refused photos, he was the main reason i went to C6!

Tom = I agree, he seemed very shy and quiet. he also looked extremely tired, and with Xander, i was one of the first to meet him, but he wasnt doing any photos at that time as he had just got there. nice enough though.

Danny = A really great guy, quite chatty. he was mocking 'Andrew' for being late and making his fans wait. he also wore a great tie on friday which i chatted to him about. also shorter than i expected ;)

Adam = Despite his character being the most evil from the Trio, in real life he was the nicest out of the Buffy guests. he chatted a bit and i asked about his band's cd... which i bought and he signed (for free) and he also gave me a few badges and stickers. i had to go back and see him again as the photo i got with him and me didnt turn out too well. he rememberd me from earlier in the day and was more than happy to pose again. a really great guy!

Michael Dorn = he did seem a bit 'off', but he wasnt rude to me or anything, just not very chatty. he was ok.

Brent = as with M.D. he seemed ok. im not sure if its his type of humour or what, but he did seem slightly rude.

Walter = a very nice guy. he seemed a bit fed up, but i dont think it was due to being there, just that no fans were going to see him. when i went to meet him he seemed to cheer up a bit and was quite pleasent.

Julie Caitlin Brown = brilliant! she was just so nice and friendly. when i went to see her, she looked up at me and asked if we'd met before, she said i looked like a fan she had met before. we chatted about who would star in a movie about her life (if one was to be made) and about my digital camera, she thought it was really good. and as her husband is a photographer she then started to show me which photos on her desk were done by her husband on his new camera. she then came round from her table to pose with me and then asked to see the pic. a very nice and beautiful woman.

Stacy = LUST! pure and simple! in my book she is on top of the most gorgeous guests, next to Iyari Limon from C4 (she loves me ya' know!?!).

she was very friendly and after getting my auto and a photo, i asked if she could record a video message onto my camera for a friend, which she was more than happy to do. i knew there was a reason i got back into WWE back in college... STACY!!! yay! :o

Jeremy = a very friendly and polite guy, we also chatted a bit. thats it really, but he was cool.

Dave Prowse = like Jeremy, a very nice guy. i had asked him about his time on Radio 1 last week. he said that as soon as he had finished on there, his website took something like 50,000 hits! he was great.

and on saturday i met Marina Sirtis (i had a early ticket to meet her on the friday but she couldnt make it). she was really nice too. i asked how she was doing sitting down all day and she said, and i quote "Its better than sitting at home with your finger up your bum" and we laughed and then i got my auto and a pic. she was great.

all-in-all i had a blast at C6!

Can I just say on Nick Brendan's behalf that he is generally very nervous meeting fans and he also has a stutter (which he fought to overcome to be on Buffy) which reemerges when he is nervous. Therefore he tends not to say a lot when he meets fans - my friend has met him on 4 separate occasions and he never says very much - he just tends to smile.

Michael Dorn - I've met him before and he is a bit brusque with the fans - I think its just his nature

As for the no photos rule for Carrie and Nick - this argument emerges every single time there is an event and much as people complain refusing posed photographs normally ensures that several hundred more autographs get signed than would have if every body was allowed to pose for pictures. If photographs with the guests are your primary concern then consider attending one of the many conventions which are staged each year which allow you to pose for a professional photograph with the guests (at a separate cost of course!) In my humble opinion major guests, posed photographs and signing events do not mix due to the simple need to ensure that all of the people who attend to see the guest do not go home disappointed.

:D

About Mike Dorn, i found him to be very freindly indeed. We had a good laugh and joke about wearing cranial ridges! He was a good guy.

I don't have any bad ones, dunno if i was just lucky.

Billy Dee Williams was very miserable, honorable mention should also go to Peter Mayhew, the size of his queue compared to Kenny Bakers told its own story. He seemed to be in an argument with some people about them taking a photo when he had signed their own poster.

No Freebies no freebies

Billy Dee Williams was the biggest spam. It's great that he came but he didn't even acknowledge me. Walter Koenig didn't acknowledge me either but at least he posed for a pic with me.

Nick Brendon was OK, Billy was mediocre, great to meet him but as I'm a Scot myself I thought he would've been more chatty at least asked where I was from. Dave Prowse and Michael Dorn were OK too. But the best were Dwight Schultz and Marina Sirtis.

Adam

billy dee was fine, went like this for me.

Went up to him

he smiled and asked how my day had been

i replied told him i was having a great day

he signed my auto

i asked him if he would pose for a photo

he agree, and we got the photo

i shook his hand and thanked him, he did the same.

But BILLY DEE ... good grief man take off those glasses so we can actually see if you are acknowledging our prescence!! Y'see we can't tell because you didn't SPEAK to anyone ... not even at 10:30am!!

We are your fans Billy! The ones who keep you famous!! Let's face it, Harrison Ford you ain't buddy!

And were we writing our names on pieces of paper because they can't spell or because they really didn't want to speak to us!!

Ah .. you gotta laugh eh!

Too many people have felt like this meeting BDW. i didn't meet him due to the fact, i saw things so for myself when i went yesterday. Pity, like i said before bad "Word-Of-Mouth" ain't good.

I'd like to know if anyone spoke to Margot Kidder ... she looked like she was ready to explode!!

I was really wanting to meet and have a brief chat with Margot. But i had several autographs aready and didn't have enough to get her's. so she didn't want to pose for a picture. She didn't blow me off, but it was an awkward moment as i really wanted to meet her and say something to the effect, that i liked the Superman movies you did etc.

Sad she was all business. cos i disagree with others on the signing part of things. People want to enjoy themselves. And that won't happen if everyone was uptight and just wanted signed autographs. You need to be able to enjoy meeting a person talk briefly not too long and move on.

Guest need to learn it ain't Hollywood everywhere outside L.A. Diva attitudes won't cut it in the real world.

costing £25, i would have!

she is an ACTRESS! cant she at least ACT nice for the day? jeez, she probably gets paid enough for it!

i get days at work when i really cant be doing with it, but yet i put on a smile, and act happy and courteous all day, and im on a lot less that she is!

Doesn't sound good at all. while i had a better experience over all with people. Sounds like the location for Collectormania events once again should be under consideration. I wonder what it would take to organise, an outdoor CM event at MK?! The shopping centre getting to be hot and bothersome. several people said they were claustraphobic because of the bucket loads of people about. and getting squeezed in crowded areas of the shopping mall.

Walter = a very nice guy. he seemed a bit fed up, but i dont think it was due to being there, just that no fans were going to see him. when i went to meet him he seemed to cheer up a bit and was quite pleasent.

True, great guy. He was tired, perhaps it was a long day. And i went up to him quite late Saturday. He made me feel o.k. and was very kind.

Michael Dorn - I've met him before and he is a bit brusque with the fans - I think its just his nature

Don't know what it is but, somehow you get a vibe off people, and i knew somehow he would be grumpy so i didn't even bother to meet him. Why disappoint yourself on purpose. Unlike BDW, i didn't need to read/hear of how "brusque" he'd be.

Seems the bigger stars shoot themselves in the foot. With all the "No posed pictures" and "You need a picture first before i pose with you". Cos the stars seem upset when no one goes up to them? There should be rules for all stars rather than certain ones for certain stars. everytime there is some sort of confusion because different guests and their helper attendants say different things.

I hope the Guest Stars and Showmasters see the message boards and see up close and personal how people reacted to going to the latest CM. Cos lessons still need to be learned.

I have to say that the guests I met were great. I did not meet any Trek guests so I cannot comment. But I did meet Nck Brendan and I have to defend him for the following reasons:

1. He was one of the popular guests as the usual Buffy fans turned out. I know this as I am one and I knwo numerous people who were there.

2. His choice not to pose for photos is his one to make and until we know why then you cannot judge him.

3. The guy is currently in recovery from an alcohol problem which he openly talks about, and did with my friend and myself as he is very proud he is clean form the drink. He discussed a band that he liked as my friend had a patch on his jacket with their name on. Nick came out about his personal demons at a huge convention in the States and also in Blackpool and I respect him for it. He would have had every reason to cancel both convention appearances and this one at Collectormania but he did not. He stayed true to his fans and appeared and signed. Just because he did not wish to pose for photos does not make him up himself as some people at MK said.

Apart from that, all the guests I met were great!!!

Father Coop....he defends the innocent!!

Can I just say on Nick Brendan's behalf that he is generally very nervous meeting fans and he also has a stutter (which he fought to overcome to be on Buffy) which reemerges when he is nervous. Therefore he tends not to say a lot when he meets fans - my friend has met him on 4 separate occasions and he never says very much - he just tends to smile.

As for the no photos rule for Carrie and Nick - this argument emerges every single time there is an event and much as people complain refusing posed photographs normally ensures that several hundred more autographs get signed than would have if every body was allowed to pose for pictures. If photographs with the guests are your primary concern then consider attending one of the many conventions which are staged each year which allow you to pose for a professional photograph with the guests (at a separate cost of course!) In my humble opinion major guests, posed photographs and signing events do not mix due to the simple need to ensure that all of the people who attend to see the guest do not go home disappointed.

I still say that iyari limon is my all time collectormania guest so far! and excellent photo!

and brian blessed a close second - i was just taking a photo for my friend and i was still included in the chat. top man!