#61 loveamyadams

loveamyadams

Chief Model Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:13 PM

It's a Star Trek convention though!

but some people are coming for the guests not because they particularly like Star Trek ( though i love it) . I wanted Wil Wheaton on 'Stand by me',my wife wanted Shatner on TJ Hooker because it was her favourite show as a kid. and our kids wanted Wheaton and Takei on 'Big Bang' photos. I brought our own photos to get signed but lots of people didn't assuming like other conventions there would be a choice.At Star trek conventions overseas there was when we attended. Showmasters and the few dealers attending over the weekend lost alot of potential sales.Especially those of us who allready have all the Star Trek casts on Star Trek stuff. anyway good event Showmasters, enjoyed it ,but there were a few people on our train feeling dissapointed at what was on offer in terms of the photos available.

#62 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

It's a Star Trek convention though!

but some people are coming for the guests not because they particularly like Star Trek ( though i love it) . I wanted Wil Wheaton on 'Stand by me',my wife wanted Shatner on TJ Hooker because it was her favourite show as a kid. and our kids wanted Wheaton and Takei on 'Big Bang' photos. I brought our own photos to get signed but lots of people didn't assuming like other conventions there would be a choice.At Star trek conventions overseas there was when we attended. Showmasters and the few dealers attending over the weekend lost alot of potential sales.Especially those of us who allready have all the Star Trek casts on Star Trek stuff. anyway good event Showmasters, enjoyed it ,but there were a few people on our train feeling dissapointed at what was on offer in terms of the photos available.

It might be the 'official' aspect that dictates what they can offer though.  As it's an Official Start Trek event I wonder if they can only offer Star trek pictures?  They don't limit what the cast can sign, and I know they offered TBBT for Wil and BTTF for Lloyd in the pre orders but technically they are a separate company I think so that may be why they can offer different pictures.

Potato

#63 Brodnick

Brodnick

Grip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

They did have some non-star trek images for Christopher Lloyd (maybe due to the limited star trek pictures), and I could have sworn I saw a Stand By Me for Wil.

I thought that the picture selection was excelent with good options for all the cast.

The only difficulty was trying to see them, picking them up and buying them - that was somewhat chaotic!

#64 JayJay

JayJay

Continuity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:08 PM

I know on the pictures stall yesterday they had a few Stand by me pictures for Wil wheaton, and for Greg Grunberg they had Star Wars and heros as well. I didn't see any non star trek for Christopher Lloyd.

I'm glad I took a printed out picture for Wil and a picture for Christopher I purchased at a past convention.

#65 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Fair enough, ignore what I said then!   :smile:

Potato

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users