Too many Dr who and star wars?

am I the only one thinking that theres too many dr who and star wars guests coming? ive lived in Bournemouth almost 10 years and they have some MAJOR celebs coming for gigs and even filming in the area and the locals don't really batter an eye lid. the only guest ive heard anyone talk about is Robert Englund, and a few boxers :( when I did London this july, I felt really bad walking past some of the guests who had no one at the tables most of the day, and I cant help but think these guys will be the same?

if im wrong sorry for the post but as this is the first time in the area I feel it should start off with a bang, and have some great stars here that will have people talking or it will fade away in a few yrs :(

It's not unheard of for newer events to not have the really big names. The other thing is, and I may have misread your point, but getting stars to come to a place to perform a concert or act in the theatre is one thing, but getting them to do a convention is something else again. The other consideration is although some of the people from Star Wars and Dr Who are regulars and may not always have massive lines, in a lot of cases they are perennial favourites who will often do an ok trade once people are there. I always look at Dave Prowse and Kenny Bake as examples of this. There can't be many SW fans out there who don't have their signatures, yet they always seem to have a line at their desks.

• Like 2

The Who stars are bankers, whenever they appear they get lots of people wanting to meet them. The Star Wars guest are as well although slightly less so with the level of guests booked so far for Bournemouth. SM book them for new events as they know they work. Apart from them we have guests from Game of Thrones which as you know is massive at the moment, including a character who had a major role in the most talked about scene of the year; A star of two of the biggest film franchises of all time (Michel Biehn); Main cast from one of the most successful UK sitcoms of all time, Red Dwarf; Many sporting legends including arguably the best footballer this country has ever had, Gazza and the greatest Snooker player there's been, Ronnie O'Sullivan and cast members from Harry Potter, Buffy and Stargate who are always popular. And that's ignoring Mr Englund who is undeniably a big draw. If this was the first event I was going to I'd be thrilled with the line up, as it is I've already met most of the guests over the last 10 years but am coming to support the event and to meet a few I've not met before and a few I have met before.

• Like 2

tbh I think there are too many star wars, doctor who and GOT guests like there are other things around I wish it would cater for more modern shows like Penny Dreadful etc I know its the first one at Bournemouth but there aren't any guests personally for me like not everyone in the world likes GOT :angel: Im just going for the stalls now :(

the Star Wars and Dr Who guests do nothing for me and alot of people i know. However having said that there still seems to be interest in these guests.Proberbly as each generation rediscovers these fims/TV series guests the older ones among us have seen way too many times are quite exciting for anyone body new on the scene.

There's definitely an impressive variety of guests - so much so that we are making the journey from the North East to get down there for the weekend!

Saying that, the number of Star Wars and Doctor Who guests DOES seem massively disproportionate to any other franchise.

It is a pretty good line up of Who stars for those interested. Not sure about the Star Wars ones for me, half of these look like extra's, as in film extra's, not sure why anyone would value that autograph but hey each to his or her own. As a first go for Bournemouth this looks pretty good. though

This is my pet peeve for all SM events at the moment tbh. The amount of guests from Star Wars/Doctor Who is considerably higher compared to other shows/franchises etc. Each to their own, I know, but it's never evenly spread. There were near on 40 SW guests at LFCC this year.

I mean, I would have been in heaven if they'd had 40 guests from current TV shows instead! And I have a pretty huge list of what shows that would include!

Xx

• Like 1

I mean, I would have been in heaven if they'd had 40 guests from current TV shows instead! And I have a pretty huge list of what shows that would include!

You can probably book 10 retired extras for the price of one currently working actor, the later have better agents.