Michael Emerson Appreciation Thread

Zonky

He was such a wonderful guest! I've seen him in so many things and I was thrilled to get the chance to meet him. He was so nice and sweet. He made me feel like he was happy I was there to see him. I hope he can come back some day. :)

• Like 1

Can I also just add-- I don't know why this pleased me so much, but while I was in Mads Mikkelsen's queue, I looked over at Michael at the next table and saw he was calmly peeling a banana in the midst of everything. I might just have been overexcited and star struck but there I was thinking "that's Michael Emerson nomming a banana, wow". Potassium lovers gotta stick together. You go Michael, you little ball of precious. You nom that nana.

Thought I would have a wee sneaky spy at this thread in work and I am actual howling laughter!!! Proper tickled me!!

• Like 1

tumblr_ob8xz5r1wS1rnkrqpo1_540.jpg

Such a good photo.. whoever took it must be really talented ;)

Michael was such a lovely guy and was just adorable with his fans... Sunday was a great day for me and I think I managed to remain professional although I was fan girl screaming inside!

• Like 1

Can I also just add-- I don't know why this pleased me so much, but while I was in Mads Mikkelsen's queue, I looked over at Michael at the next table and saw he was calmly peeling a banana in the midst of everything. I might just have been overexcited and star struck but there I was thinking "that's Michael Emerson nomming a banana, wow". Potassium lovers gotta stick together. You go Michael, you little ball of precious. You nom that nana.

Thought I would have a wee sneaky spy at this thread in work and I am actual howling laughter!!! Proper tickled me!!

I have photos as proof. Couldn't help it. Not sure I'll post them though.

• Like 1

Michael was such a lovely guy and was just adorable with his fans... Sunday was a great day for me and I think I managed to remain professional although I was fan girl screaming inside!

Aaaaaaand now I am insanely jealous :)

I have photos as proof. Couldn't help it. Not sure I'll post them though.

Wahahahahahaaaa!!!!! This has brightened my 1st day back at work!!!

I thought Michael was a great guest. He was so kind and humble. I met him first for a photoshoot and also managed to get his autograph near the end of the day. I'm so glad I didn't miss him as lots of the guests had left by then.

I had a brief chat with him when I got his autograph and he said he'd had a great weekend and met some lovely people. If possible I'm even more of a fan of his now he was so nice. A true gentleman.

A big thank you to Showmasters for giving me the opportunity to meet him!

Yeah, Michael was great. I'm a massive Lost fan, and he's the first person I've met from the show, so it was a kinda big deal for me. So happy he let me get a photo at the desk too :) he was pretty funny at the Lost talk as well

Aaaaaaand now I am insanely jealous :)

Pretty sure I saw you getting this picture with Michael! I was over in the queue for Famke, was waiting for a while and noticed a girl getting really excited meeting him. Michael seemed really nice in return, and I started to get more excited as I was off to see him next!

• Like 1

I went on Friday to get an autograph for a friend who couldn't come and is a huge Person of Interest fan (as I am). I was delighted to have the chance to chat with him a little - he was just so humble and nice and seemed genuinely happy to meet us. We mentioned how awesome we thought the ending to Person of Interest was, he said he also loved it. Me and my friend got a fantastic group desk picture.

At Sunday's photoshoot, I had this idea about making a couple target reticles in cardboard, like the ones on the show when we see the Machine's point of view. So many ways that could have not worked... but it went great, and everyone at the photoshoot loved it, including the crew and Michael himself who told me "That's gonna be a great one, man". You all understand exactly how awesome that felt!

Edit: here's the result -> https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13912372_10209649160337015_8945090865872160576_n.jpg?oh=12a246e263d2da50582e423c96a3f2ca&oe=5822D4BE

I loved that in the Lost talk, he steered all of his answers towards classic literature - he must be as much of a bookworm as he looks.

Being a huge fan of his work in Lost and PoI, I had very high expectations and he exceeded them all. One of the highlights of a fantastic weekend!

Edited by MarioVl

Pretty sure I saw you getting this picture with Michael! I was over in the queue for Famke, was waiting for a while and noticed a girl getting really excited meeting him. Michael seemed really nice in return, and I started to get more excited as I was off to see him next!

That was indeed possibly me! :D Thankfully my excitement came about in the form of too much smiling and random babbling rather than anything involving an excessive amount of tears. He was incredibly sweet and friendly which only made my excitement worse. He is the most precious of all the precious little beans.

• Like 1

That was indeed possibly me! :D Thankfully my excitement came about in the form of too much smiling and random babbling rather than anything involving an excessive amount of tears. He was incredibly sweet and friendly which only made my excitement worse. He is the most precious of all the precious little beans.

See that's alright! I tend to go the other way, always want to say more than I do, but I end up playing it too cool and forgetting half the stuff. Either way, he was ace :)