Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
showmasters

Destination Star Trek Europe 2016

234 posts in this topic

Destination Star Trek returns in 2016 for a VERY special anniversary. Join us in Birmingham this October to celebrate 50 years of Star Trek, yes 50 years of seeking out new life and new civilisations and to keep boldly going where no one has gone before!
Set to be Europe's biggest Star Trek celebration, Destination Star Trek Europe will offer fans the opportunity to meet the cast and crew, explore interactive exhibits, learn about Star Trek’s impact on science, space and technology, and enjoy parties fit for a golden anniversary

Funny that William Shatner it already said on his twitter acoount a couple of days before the official announcement...

Amazing Announcement SM, So glad this event is back in the UK and that SM is going to be a part of it... Looking forward the guest Announcements.. My this is going to be a Hell of a Year. :smile:

Will wait for more guests to be added and the prices before deciding to venture north of Watford.

My bad,don't know how to delete posts.

Would've loved to go to this had it been the weekend before or after NYCC. Oh well,maybe next time.

J-R!

Edited by robster

Funny that William Shatner it already said on his twitter acoount a couple of days before the official announcement...

Downside of social media and the time between signing the contract and it being returned to the company. This is not the first time unfortunately as it has happened with people saying they cannot attend anymore not realising that their agent has not told the event organisers.

I've been a huge trekkie since my childhood days, TNG is my favourite season though I'll always enjoy all of them and this is great because it's literally a week before my 30th birthday!

1 person likes this

Just short of 3 months to go until DSTE is here - am excited - but wondering when next announcement will be, adding to the 22 guests announced so far(DST3 had 34,and that wasn't the 50th anniversary)?

The organisers won't comment on when and if an announcement will be made. They will make announcements as and when contracts have been signed and not before.

I know *sigh*. Just musing on the fact that with just 3 months to go, 2/3 of the number of guests that there were at DST3 have been announced (so far) and hoping we get more soon :)

IMO it's very quiet here... Don't like that at all..

2 people like this

I heard something may be coming in the next few weeks but it is still too slow!

They apparently launched earlier than last time by a couple of months to allow everyone enough time to make travel arrangements etc. The trade off with last time was a shorter period leading up to it where they had already signed most guests attending.

They apparently launched earlier than last time by a couple of months to allow everyone enough time to make travel arrangements etc.

Travel arrangements for who? The guests who are coming or the fans who are coming? Cause I have understand that many more people such as myself, are waiting for bigger names before making any arrangements at all...

They apparently launched earlier than last time by a couple of months to allow everyone enough time to make travel arrangements etc.

Travel arrangements for who? The guests who are coming or the fans who are coming? Cause I have understand that many more people such as myself, are waiting for bigger names before making any arrangements at all...

fans I believe, I too am waiting like you are. I have a standard ticket but resisting upgrading as long as I can.

fans I believe, I too am waiting like you are. I have a standard ticket but resisting upgrading as long as I can.

I have no ticket at all. Not gonna waste my money on a ticket if I'm not going... (something I still do not know)

I don't think I will bother getting an upgrade on my ticket. I know who I want to get in autographs at DST but there's no point in getting photoshoots for me (I don't really look cool in photos lol)

I don't think I will bother getting an upgrade on my ticket. I know who I want to get in autographs at DST but there's no point in getting photoshoots for me (I don't really look cool in photos lol)

Haha I always think I look like a stalker who's finally managed to touch their prey when I look back at my con photos. It's probably not far off either 😉

Haha I always think I look like a stalker who's finally managed to touch their prey when I look back at my con photos. It's probably not far off either

At most I may upgrade to Lieutenant for some of the ticket entries, but also prefer to pick and choose my autographs and photos