General Chat

2 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

A question: We all know it can be headspinning, nervous or tense to finally meet your absolute favourite...does anyone of you know, seen or heard about someone actually faint at a photo ops or autos of that reason?

Not faint, but I've seen some people break down in tears feeling overwhelmed meeting someone.

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I can admit I have had teary eyes

It's understandable totally, I've gotten emotional a couple times (after the fact when reflecting back on the experience) so that wasn't coming from a negative standpoint at all, just wanted to emphasise that :) 

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

A question: We all know it can be headspinning, nervous or tense to finally meet your absolute favourite...does anyone of you know, seen or heard about someone actually faint at a photo ops or autos of that reason?

When I met David Tennant I forgot how to operate my phone and took a video instead of a selfie and he was really confused, but at least I didn’t faint so in perspective it didn’t go that bad.

If I do pass out when I meet Capaldi please collect my photo or autograph for me then gently drag my unconscious body to the next booth, thanks guys.

(On a more serious note, I’ve heard people worry about fainting in front of their favourite actors, but no accounts of it actually happening. I think it’s one of those situations when you’re very nervous before, but once you get to meet them you finally release all the tension you’ve been holding so you either feel more relaxed or just cry a little at worst.)

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

When I met David Tennant I forgot how to operate my phone and took a video instead of a selfie and he was really confused, but at least I didn’t faint so in perspective it didn’t go that bad.

If I do pass out when I meet Capaldi please collect my photo or autograph for me then gently drag my unconscious body to the next booth, thanks guys.

(On a more serious note, I’ve heard people worry about fainting in front of their favourite actors, but no accounts of it actually happening. I think it’s one of those situations when you’re very nervous before, but once you get to meet them you finally release all the tension you’ve been holding so you either feel more relaxed or just cry a little at worst.)

Plus I think everything goes so fast that you really dont have a chance to let something happen in that way. I have noticed alot of build up the last few steps before it is your turn, usually when you get inside the ”room” and you get the first glimps of the guest.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Plus I think everything goes so fast that you really dont have a chance to let something happen in that way. I have noticed alot of build up the last few steps before it is your turn, usually when you get inside the ”room” and you get the first glimps of the guest.

I was going to say the exact same thing - in my experience it's the queuing that's the worst because you know you are in the final phase and nearly there but the waiting lets your nerves build, especially when you are in a queue with equally excited people.  Getting to the cash desk to pay it almost a challenge to coordinate enough to pick a 8x10 and pay for extras if you are having them and have your pass clipped - at that point it's almost like someone has handed you a scalpel and asked you to perform brain surgery.  Once you get to the front of the line and it's your turn you will be ok, cack handed and trembly, but ok.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I was going to say the exact same thing - in my experience it's the queuing that's the worst because you know you are in the final phase and nearly there but the waiting lets your nerves build, especially when you are in a queue with equally excited people.  Getting to the cash desk to pay it almost a challenge to coordinate enough to pick a 8x10 and pay for extras if you are having them and have your pass clipped - at that point it's almost like someone has handed you a scalpel and asked you to perform brain surgery.  Once you get to the front of the line and it's your turn you will be ok, cack handed and trembly, but ok.

I guess Benedict must have been very special to you. When I was waiting in the queue to meet Mark Hamill & Carrie Fisher all felt unreal. All I could think of is that I was about to meet some that has been a very special part of my life for 40 years. Both were so calming, kind and all my nerves went away.

Thinking of those 8x10’s at signing..I sometimes feel stressed (usually a busy guest) about which photo to pick. I wish there were some way a copy of each photo could be on display so while you are in queue you can have a good look which one you should choose. I know you can have a look in pre-order but they are not all there that you can choose from on the day at the desk.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Broo said:

Not faint, but I've seen some people break down in tears feeling overwhelmed meeting someone.

Don't worry, you can say it, with the movie coming out and all. "When Raylenth Met Hugh" ;)

Edited by wjbleming
  • Haha 1