New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

36 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay, I am serious now. Please stop discussing any Diamond Pass Days now until I have heard back from the office. The store now has the wording "select your day for photo AND AUTOGRAPH".

The whole procedure may have been changed and I didn't get the memo.

Fair enough, I have ”What not to be mention” - pass with Amber Rose Revah and she is there Sat and Sun, and so will I so no matter what I am fine, I selected Sat when I booked. Just as long as we know what to do I am happy as a lark. :D:P

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Trust me on that, I will put on confirmation as soon as I have it. Somehow those things love popping up on Sunday nights though. :lol:

I can sign that statement. Night shift at work and it is driving me crazy here. :o:wacko:

Okay. OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION.

The bit in the store about "select your day for photos and autographs" was an error. The day selection is FOR PHOTOS ONLY.

You will get your photo that day with Diamond Pass holders being called first. You can't simply show up another day, you must go to the photosession on the day you have selected at checkout.

For autographs the situation is unchanged. Diamond Passes being called first, in batches. You can go any time after your autograph batch was called, also the next day. Not all Diamond Passes may be seen the first day they are called for autographs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay. OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION.

The bit in the store about "select your day for photos and autographs" was an error. The day selection is FOR PHOTOS ONLY.

You will get your photo that day with Diamond Pass holders being called first. You can't simply show up another day, you must go to the photosession on the day you have selected at checkout.

For autographs the situation is unchanged. Diamond Passes being called first, in batches. You can go any time after your autograph batch was called, also the next day. Not all Diamond Passes may be seen the first day they are called for autographs. 

Good to know! Thanks for making this clear.

Photo the day you booked for (Saturday in my case) and Auto when your D-pass number is called and anytime after, in my case either Sat or Sun, when it works best for me.

Will the person handling the D-pass numbers be able to tell if my turn for an Auto most likely happen on Sat or if I most likely should expect it to happen on Sunday? Just so I dont have to go back and forward now and then and bother them. :D

(I have D-pass for Amber Rose Revah, she is there Sat and Sun)

So if the diamond passes are called in batches for the autographs and you can go anytime after your batch is called does that mean because I’m attending on the Sunday I may not have to queue for very long seeing as my batch would probably have been called on the Saturday?

15 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

So if the diamond passes are called in batches for the autographs and you can go anytime after your batch is called does that mean because I’m attending on the Sunday I may not have to queue for very long seeing as my batch would probably have been called on the Saturday?

Got it in 1, R4wly. You would just need to check the board to make sure your batch has been called and join the back of the queue. :smile:

33 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Will the person handling the D-pass numbers be able to tell if my turn for an Auto most likely happen on Sat or if I most likely should expect it to happen on Sunday? Just so I dont have to go back and forward now and then and bother them. :D

No Chris, the crew dealing with issuing passes will not have any info on this.  You just need to keep an eye on Amber's queue and keep checking back.  The likelihood is that in my opinion you will probably be able to join her queue any time you want.  I don't think Amber is going to be massively busy so I think they will go to 'all diamonds' and to VQ's fairly quickly.

But the only people who will have any info on how her queue is doing on day and can advise you will be the crew manning her queue.

• Like 1

Just now, Raylenth said:

No Chris, the crew dealing with issuing passes will not have any info on this.  You just need to keep an eye on Amber's queue and keep checking back.  The likelihood is that in my opinion you will probably be able to join her queue any time you want.  I don't think Amber is going to be massively busy so I think they will go to 'all diamonds' and to VQ's fairly quickly.

But the only people who will have any info on how her queue is doing on day and can advise you will be the crew manning her queue.

Thank you for the answer. ^_^ 

My sisters got some questions but she hasn’t got an account, I’m posting them on her behalf so if anyone could answer them for her that would be great^_^

What is the mug and print like that you get with a diamond pass?

7 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

My sisters got some questions but she hasn’t got an account, I’m posting them on her behalf so if anyone could answer them for her that would be great^_^

What is the mug and print like that you get with a diamond pass?

The prints range in style and obviously the mug designs are specific to each guest 

P_20180217_164929P_20180217_16494120170421_20342720170425_194011

Unfortunately I am only mid way through photographing my collection so I don't have the rest to share.  The one we got at the last Sherlocked is in my opinion absolutely gorgeous and it's the first one I've used to be signed by the guests I already have on my other items.  If I get a chance in the next few days I'll photograph and post it.

• Like 3

45 mins I think.  I'll see if I can find last years schedules which will give you an idea of talks and photo sessions (though obviously photo sessions are different year on year as it depends on tickets sold ect)

You can reassure her but it's hard to give you a good estimate.  The talk will probably be about an hour as you will all need to be in and seated before it begins so add 15 mins on for that and getting out and that's a good estimate.  The photo itself will be quick but again you may be queuing about 20 mins for that, they need people to be in there and ready when they bring the guest in so they can start quickly.  The auto's is harder to judge as that depends on too many factors but by no means will you be tied up all day with just your Peter Diamond stuff.

Right this is the schedule from last year.  If you click on each pic after it loads it should magnify it.  Please note the title as this is an important lesson on why we said before that even once it's published the schedule can change.  We went through 7 versions in a few days.  It's a massive document for the team to work out and I'm sure it needs some sort of war planning sessions to get it sorted so there are occasionally things missed off or not put on or a guest in a shoot when they should be in a talk........but it all usually gets noted and corrected when we all find them and alert the team.  All it means and I will reiterate this is that even if you check the schedule and write down your sessions when it is published CHECK IT AGAIN THE NIGHT BEFORE :lol:.  There will be schedules up in various places on the floors to check as well as alterations can happen on the day.

25 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

This question I’m not sure if anyone will be able to answer but I said I’d ask anyway, what is Peter like?

Managed to meet Peter a year or so ago and have since learnt to keep my expectations low when it comes to meeting guests and thus my meeting with him was really good. He was amazing to meet greeted fans nicely, was always smiling and hugging fans too, one of the best guests I have ever met! I haven't heard of any bad feedback about him actually come to think of it. Just remember to keep expectations low though just in case 

• Like 2