New Attendees advice thread

Raylenth

12 minutes ago, LisaCarter2016 said:

Stupid question, can you buy a diamond pass on a regular weekend pass ??

You can buy a Diamond pass with any type of entry ticket Lisa, you just have to be aware that the Diamond pass activities can take place over the whole weekend if anyone is thinking of only buying a day ticket for example.

5 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Ok thanks the batches confused me a bit because I’ve bought my diamond pass for the Sunday as that’s the only day I’m attending so what happens if my pass number is called out in a batch on the Friday and Saturday when I’m not attending?

Just to reiterate: the day selection for Diamond Passes is for your photo shoot only. As the others have already said, the activities are spread out over the weekend.

If you can attend one day only you may be missing a talk, and if that day is not Sunday you are possibly risking missing on an autograph because of the numbers being called in batches.

A Diamond Pass should never be used to get "fast track" to a guest. The crew will do their best, but this has limits. 

14 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Just to reiterate: the day selection for Diamond Passes is for your photo shoot only. As the others have already said, the activities are spread out over the weekend.

If you can attend one day only you may be missing a talk, and if that day is not Sunday you are possibly risking missing on an autograph because of the numbers being called in batches.

A Diamond Pass should never be used to get "fast track" to a guest. The crew will do their best, but this has limits. 

thank you both

5 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Queen_Sindel Ok thanks I bought my diamond pass for the Sunday because as far as I am aware the talk for Peter Capaldi is Sunday, can anyone confirm I am not missing out on any of the diamond pass activities for Peter because I am just going on the Sunday?

You're fine, the talk is Sunday :D.  I didn't want to get into it before in order to not over complicate things but Queen was just elaborating on my warning.

Some people in the past have bought Diamonds before intending to do everything in a day, not having read the terms and the details of the ticket, and there is the reverse of your auto situation, that people have bought the Diamond late and therefore had a high number and expected to be able to come on Friday/Saturday and be able to get their auto.  And not understanding when we explain that the crew will help where they can but if you are only there for a day, and it's well before your pass is called then there's no guarantee they will be able to help you - thus we have to reiterate to people that the Diamond activities take place over the whole weekend.

Like you have done it's possible to do it in one day if you book the photo for the same day as the talk and you aren't taking a risk with your pass number for the auto's.  And I can assure you none of this applies to you so don't stress about it ;)

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

@Raylenth Ah that’s good I was worried then! So as long as I get there early on the Sunday, go and collect my diamond passes straight away and then head over to wherever Peter is first I shouldn’t miss anything right?

You will be fine.  Just check the schedule when it is out to see when your photo and the talk is and you can plan on getting the auto around that, and you will be fine to head to his table first - obviously as stated we can't guarantee you will be through first as it does depend on what number you have and where they have called to but you will find that out when you get there.

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

@Queen_Sindel Ok thanks I bought my diamond pass for the Sunday because as far as I am aware the talk for Peter Capaldi is Sunday, can anyone confirm I am not missing out on any of the diamond pass activities for Peter because I am just going on the Sunday?

What Raylenth said is correct. But can you please stop using the wording "I bought my Diamond Pass for the Sunday"? This is very confusing for people. The Diamond Passes are not day specific. We've had tons of trouble with people who only looked at the photo day, then thought everything was one day and then got mad at everyone. 

That's also the reason why I made my other post.

"You bought your Diamond Pass with photo on the Sunday" is more to type, but it helps the mods and the volunteer helpers like Raylenth insanely because it avoids misunderstandings.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

So you cant save Photo shoot with a Diamond Pass Guest to Sunday if you have selected Saturday when you bought it? But Auto is either Saturday or Sunday, whenever it works best for you? Have I understood it correct? :blink:

17 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

So you cant save Photo shoot with a Diamond Pass Guest to Sunday if you have selected Saturday when you bought it? But Auto is either Saturday or Sunday, whenever it works best for you? Have I understood it correct? :blink:

No, you can't save your photo for another day. If you have selected Saturday you get your photo on Saturday. The shop explicitly states that. 

Let me check on the autograph situation. It used to be the way it has been described here: the autographs were called in  batches. You can't go before your batch has been called, but any time after. So again you simply choose your day.

BUT: I need to check on this. I just noticed that the wording in the Diamond Passes now says "select the day you want to have your photo and autograph". 

18 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Indeed, a diamond pass counts for the entire time the diamond guest is there, the photo is on a by you selected day, but the autograph is free to choose. 

28 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

The way it works for Diamonds is as follows:

Talk - This will be on a specific day only, the day will be specified in the pass details.  If you are not intending to attend that day you cannot get a refund on the unused activity or go to a different talk

Photo - when you book your pass you will be asked to select a day to have it taken on, you need to go to the photo session on the day you selected.  This is to ensure the number of pass photo's are split fairly over the days.  Photo shoots can take place from the start to the end of the day.  Usually with big names the shoot will be split into 2 sessions.  Diamond pass holders go first but you can go after you have been called if it works out better for you.  If the shoot has an AM & PM session you can choose which one to go to.

Auto's - These will be called in batch order over the entire weekend.  There is the possibility that if the guest is a slow signer and/or involved in a lot of other activities if you have a middle to high pass number you may not be called until later in the event.  If you have a problem and need to leave before your number is called then speak to the crew who will need to see proof that you need to leave early (travel tickets ect) and they will try to help you through though this isn't guaranteed as if the queue is full of people who have been called they may not be able to fit you in.  This is rarely an issue but it is something to be aware of.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Queen beat me with a much more concise answer :D

Queen if it's any help I didn't get asked to select an auto day for Amber when I bought the Diamond. 

If it helps Peters says this on the ticket page: 1 x Guaranteed in-person autograph with Peter Capaldi. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. (This can be collected on Saturday or Sunday) No virtual queue ticket is required, however Diamond Pass Holders will be called by number. Your number can be found on your pass. 

Okay, I am serious now. Please stop discussing any Diamond Pass Days now until I have heard back from the office. The store now has the wording "select your day for photo AND AUTOGRAPH".

The whole procedure may have been changed and I didn't get the memo.

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Queen beat me with a much more concise answer :D

Queen if it's any help I didn't get asked to select an auto day for Amber when I bought the Diamond. 

If it helps Peters says this on the ticket page: 1 x Guaranteed in-person autograph with Peter Capaldi. This can be on either your own personal item or a 10x8 supplied by us. (This can be collected on Saturday or Sunday) No virtual queue ticket is required, however Diamond Pass Holders will be called by number. Your number can be found on your pass. 

The store listings for Peter, Meat Loaf and Jason Momoa at least all have this little bit added. You have to click "order" to see it. I am honestly not sure which of the two bits is wrong, but this really needs to be clarified before people get even more confused.

Jason.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Queen_Sindel @Raylenth I’m sorry if I’ve confused or stressed anyone out on this thread I never joined this forum to do that, that was the last thing I wanted. I promise I will refer to my diamond pass as bought with photo op on the Sunday to stop confusing everyone if that helps? :D

Than you, that would help a lot. I totally understood where you are coming from, but after last year I was trying to be careful.

But right now maybe we just won't mention Diamond Passes until I heard back about that store blurb? ;)

7 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Than you, that would help a lot. I totally understood where you are coming from, but after last year I was trying to be careful.

But right now maybe we just won't mention Diamond Passes until I heard back about that store blurb? ;)

I'm so glad I bought a Sapphire Pass and don't get any of this trouble..... :headscratch:

• Haha 1