Attendee's Attire

Ok 3 weeks to go, long planned costume was coming together nicely in both design and construction terms and looked great ( even if I do say so myself). Unfortunately certain panels are now becoming unstuck and peeling. The area in question is a plastic/pvc type material to which I've glued strips of patterned leatherette and these are now peeling off. I'd used a glue spraymount aerosol that was recommended to me for sticking material to material but it's obviously not a long term solution!

Guys, can anyone recommend me a suitable glue to stop my costume falling off me? Thanks

Just a random vent. I can't get my pants bleached well enough to match Rey's! :( I've been attempting to bleach them for a while now but nope, they're still dark grey. I should have checked the material before I bought them I guess. /end vent.

Just a random vent. I can't get my pants bleached well enough to match Rey's! :( I've been attempting to bleach them for a while now but nope, they're still dark grey. I should have checked the material before I bought them I guess. /end vent.

Don't worry about it being dark grey. It doesn't matter if your cosplay isn't 100% accurate, I mean I don't look accurate as some characters I cosplay - 11th Doctor, Matt Murdock, MIB Agent K - why? Because I have long hair and those don't, so I don't look 100% accurate, but that doesn't mean people won't come up to you asking for photographs, I got a ton of people asking me to have their photos taken with me as the 11th Doctor two years ago at Earls Court and they loved how I made the cosplay up from scratch and didn't once say "wow...that is NOT how the doctor looks!" etc.

So don't worry about it, just have fun!!!

Don't worry about it being dark grey. It doesn't matter if your cosplay isn't 100% accurate, I mean I don't look accurate as some characters I cosplay - 11th Doctor, Matt Murdock, MIB Agent K - why? Because I have long hair and those don't, so I don't look 100% accurate, but that doesn't mean people won't come up to you asking for photographs, I got a ton of people asking me to have their photos taken with me as the 11th Doctor two years ago at Earls Court and they loved how I made the cosplay up from scratch and didn't once say "wow...that is NOT how the doctor looks!" etc.

So don't worry about it, just have fun!!!

Thank you, I really needed to hear that. I've never cosplayed before so I'm super-nervous about it.

• Like 1

Any wwe cosplayers ?

Possibly me if i can pluck up the courage to do it lol.

Brie bella. Any Nikki Bellas out there??

I would love to do a nikki bella cosplay :) need to wait for my hair to grow longer as I just had it cut though :)

Any wwe cosplayers ?

I would love to do a nikki bella cosplay :) need to wait for my hair to grow longer as I just had it cut though :)

You could always team up with me for next year :)

• Like 1

Any wwe cosplayers ?

You could always team up with me for next year :)

Yes :)

ok, two costumes ready. I truly apoligise for how i look. I can't change my face. sorry.

1st the old one from last year:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c0689bde5f1c3dc6864140650651cd8b/tumblr_oaewtoFYVu1r9fv84o1_1280.jpg

second it is two versions. With fez:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/7f88554f1b05e3e5d36ec14e66ed7754/tumblr_oaewtoFYVu1r9fv84o2_1280.jpg

or without:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a6549d88ef8417a6961d659b2772f2a8/tumblr_oaewtoFYVu1r9fv84o3_1280.jpg

Do I even resemble the Doctor or not? Advice please.

Edited by RoryMcGarrett

ok, two costumes ready. I truly apoligise for how i look. I can't change my face. sorry.

1st the old one from last year:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/c0689bde5f1c3dc6864140650651cd8b/tumblr_oaewtoFYVu1r9fv84o1_1280.jpg

second it is two versions. With fez:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/7f88554f1b05e3e5d36ec14e66ed7754/tumblr_oaewtoFYVu1r9fv84o2_1280.jpg

or without:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/a6549d88ef8417a6961d659b2772f2a8/tumblr_oaewtoFYVu1r9fv84o3_1280.jpg

Do I even resemble the Doctor or not? Advice please.

You look fab in all those piccies :)

I would say fez, because fezzes are cool

• Like 1

Thank you guys :)

I think Rory has some admirers :wub2:

I don't think so, but thanks :)

I knows these things, will you be partaking in any of the meet ups?

Don't worry I'm not 'hitting on you' (happily married) but it'd be good to meet up with someone I can actually put a name to a face.

Don't worry I'm not 'hitting on you' (happily married) but it'd be good to meet up with someone I can actually put a name to a face.

I never thought you did anyway ;) I am attending the Saturday meet up and probably the Thursday one but I don't know yet

I never thought you did anyway ;) I am attending the Saturday meet up and probably the Thursday one but I don't know yet

Well if you can make the Thursday one that'd be great. You probably won't have to buy any drinks what with your cult following on here. :dance:

Well if you can make the Thursday one that'd be great. You probably won't have to buy any drinks what with your cult following on here.

Well if you can make the Thursday one that'd be great. You probably won't have to buy any drinks what with your cult following on here. :dance:

What cult? I see nobody :D I won't be buying any drinks anyway since I am broke anyway