EU Referendum Result

KingRichard76

It was a joke Maggie. :smile: I have no problem with people who voted leave for the right reasons. Some of my family voted leave and like yourself they have valid reasons for voting that way. That's fair enough, but it's the people who voted leave to protest, because they 'didn't understand what they were voting for', 'because no one told them what the consequences would be' and because they voted based on the lies the Leave campaign told about the NHS and immigration that 'irk' me.

It's done though and we will be leaving. Lets hope the country isn't totally destroyed by it.

Someone on a Disney Forum I visit seriously posted "I would not have voted leave had I realized how much more expensive trips to Paris Disney would get."

I was hoping against better hope she was joking.

Add in mobile phone costs, the inconvenience it may cause to football transfers, the Eurovision Song Contest and the list goes on.

I thought some People were actually hoping this meant being out of Eurovision too? :lol:

Well, the UK will never win it again. Far too political. And how can you have Australia in it?

My grandfather never got over Israel being in it. Australia at least had entertaining entries.

It was a joke Maggie. :smile: I have no problem with people who voted leave for the right reasons. Some of my family voted leave and like yourself they have valid reasons for voting that way. That's fair enough, but it's the people who voted leave to protest, because they 'didn't understand what they were voting for', 'because no one told them what the consequences would be' and because they voted based on the lies the Leave campaign told about the NHS and immigration that 'irk' me.

It's done though and we will be leaving. Lets hope the country isn't totally destroyed by it.

It's okay!

I knew from the "whistle" emoticon that you didn't mean it. I thought the reference to Quantum Leap would be enough to make it clear, but..... oh, well!

• Like 1

I thought some People were actually hoping this meant being out of Eurovision too? :lol:

Well, the UK will never win it again. Far too political. And how can you have Australia in it?

The reason we won't win it is because we keep sending rubbish acts with rubbish songs. Politics has never had a thing to do with the UK's results.

And the reason Australia are in it is because, well, umm...

At least Boris won't be our new pm. So there is good news there.

Personally (because I have a bit of a man crush on Jeremy Paxman), I'd like Jeremy to be our PM, he's got that "Way" about him, not too fond of Michael Gove- either way this is all very interesting.

Like Raylenth said, I too know of people who voted leave and wasn't entirely sure why- my eye has just caught a Ben Elton book I bought a few years back, "Meltdown" funnily enough no one has heard him say anything about this all.

My grandfather never got over Israel being in it. Australia at least had entertaining entries.

Israel are in because of it being part of the organising body, but you forget Dana International. Bruce > Caitlyn Jenner is just a copycat of Dana International.

Personally Im glad hes stayed out of it. Far too many celebrities giving their opinions throughout the campaign.

If they are a UK citizen then it is their right to comment as much as it is our own if we are citizens of the UK. It is when non Political or non Financial people from abroad comment as if it will impact them.

I don't mind hearing the opinion of some celebs to be honest. If you have heard some of them speak there are a lot of actors and such who really are very intelligent and I do listen to what they have to say, knowing they understand what they are talking about.

I don't automatically go 'oh my favourite actor is voting.......so I must as well' but when I know they have a brain on them I'm interested in what they have to say.

• Like 1

Israel are in because of it being part of the organising body, but you forget Dana International. Bruce > Caitlyn Jenner is just a copycat of Dana International.

I know - but for a 79 year old man it didn't really matter, Israel was just as little Europe as Australia. Australia at least got an invite. That would likely have made more sense for him. :lol:

I don't mind hearing the opinion of some celebs to be honest. If you have heard some of them speak there are a lot of actors and such who really are very intelligent and I do listen to what they have to say, knowing they understand what they are talking about.

I don't automatically go 'oh my favourite actor is voting.......so I must as well' but when I know they have a brain on them I'm interested in what they have to say.

I agree that they have their right to their opinion. What I object to is when they make statements on Facebook, Twitter etc encouraging impressionable fans to their way of thinking. Edited by Tony1975

I agree that they have their right to their opinion. What I object to is when they make statements on Facebook, Twitter etc encouraging impressionable fans to their way of thinking.

Actually they risk losing their fans when they make political statements, even risk their careers if they upset some powerful interest.

Edited by Poisonfish

I agree that they have their right to their opinion. What I object to is when they make statements on Facebook, Twitter etc encouraging impressionable fans to their way of thinking.

But you can say the same about politicians. Both groups are in positions to sway the way people think. But, if someone is swayed by someone else, then I find that a tad weak as it is down to the individual to find out everything they can before voting. I cannot abide these people in society who blame MPs for the referendum result, yet when challenged about if they had reasons for voting that way or if they researched before voting, so many have said no to both. It is easy to research, if one can be bothered.