Table Photos.

I am a fan of these shows in general and think Jason and the team do a good job (although when trapped on Level 3 on Saturday I may have had a different opinion; though they sorted this issue for Sunday with directions to staircase No. 2).

My beef is with table photos. This year almost all the guests had a 'professional photo shoot' and consequently a significant proportion of guests had printed A4 sheets of paper stuck to their boards 'No Photos' or 'No Posed Photos'. I can understand for the 'bigger' guests that they are going to want to sell the photoshoots and therefore they won't do table photos and that is fair enough. However it appears that now it is almost the majority of guests that are doing this and I presume the guests or their managers believe they can effectively double their fee. But to be honest it is just bloody annoying because I have to waste another half hour of my day going to that person's photo shoot. Just say it is £5/10 extra for a photo at the table and be upfront about sticking the arm in a bit. At least that way I will still be out of pocket a bit but at least I won't be out of time.

A lot of the 'not big name' guests were allowing table photos despite having signs up. Sometimes I think to myself that they're just happy that someone has come to see them, and I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just that with the appeal of big name guests, some of the other stars, mainly TV stars, don't get the attention that they would at smaller events, so when someone comes up for an autograph, they're quite happy to take a picture as they have the time and it's not holding up a queue. Unless you're Ray Park and have a huge line all weekend and chat and take photos with every one :P

Honestly I got quite a lot of table photos. Kevin Eastman, William Forsythe, Clifton Collins Jr, Ray Park, Kenny Baker, Zach Galligan, Leif Tilden, Michelan Sisti, Alice Krige, Frances Lee McCain, Gregg Henry, Sean Gunn, ... all more then happy to take a picture. Usually I try to make them laugh first by telling some funny anecdote in relation to their work or how much I appreciate them or something like that. That always seems to work for me anyways.

The show gets bigger and bigger. More attendees = longer lines. That's the main reason for the table photos being stopped. Imagine a slow signer like RDA doing photos at the table. He wouldn't even have seen half of the gold passes by now. ;)

Still, it's a shame that some have to sign a contract saying that they can't be done. I was refused two and I was the only one in the queue.

One impression I got was that (some) guests possibly had been instructed not to take over the table photos. I got an autograph from one guest who did not have any signs up about not allowing photos (and no queue) and when I asked if I could have a quick photo with them, they said they weren't supposed to, however they were happy to actually do so. And I know other fans who met the same person got photos over the table with them as well.

Gemma Whelan did photos on the Sunday and she had a massive queue! She took time to talk to everyone, she spoke to me for a while about MJF and then she got up on the table and my friend took a picture of us. When my friend had her photo, Gemma then invited me back so we could have a group shot done! I also can't believe she is 10 years older than me! She's flawless and very friendly (and she was only 10 pounds!) :D

Edited by Siva

I actually thought I saw a lot more table photos being done this time, especially with guests that I didn't think would be doing them at all, like Hayley Atwell for example.

Yeah,i was surprised how many guests were doing table photos,much more then i expected.

I don't think it's purely about money making, table photos take time to be done so a lot may have those signs up in anticipation for a long queue

I'm happy to say I got a table photo with Amazon Eve, despite my friend being the one who bought her auto (I felt quite cheeky asking haha). She was great :D

I don't think it's purely about money making, table photos take time to be done so a lot may have those signs up in anticipation for a long queue

I'm happy to say I got a table photo with Amazon Eve, despite my friend being the one who bought her auto (I felt quite cheeky asking haha). She was great :D

She was so lovely. I noticed her get up and go in front of the table to take photos with fans!

My friend did that several tikes in Cardiff when I was getting autos :D but that was a much less busy show