Question about selfie stick

Last year (before the Selfie Stick craze really took off) I was walking around London Zoo and in the Aquarium there was a man taking photos of himself in front of all the fish tanks using a selfie stick. The problem? His wife and kids were with him and weren't in the photos, so they could easily have taken the photos for him!

• Like 2

Friends of mine got stuck on a roller coaster in Disneyland because some idiot (sorry, but there are really no other words for someone doing something like that) got a selfie stick out on the ride, and that even after being told to put it away and not use it when the vehicles were loaded. They were less than impressed.

Friends of mine got stuck on a roller coaster in Disneyland because some idiot (sorry, but there are really no other words for someone doing something like that) got a selfie stick out on the ride, and that even after being told to put it away and not use it when the vehicles were loaded. They were less than impressed.

really? They did it one a roller coaster?

I would never have this idea.

Yes, on a roller coaster. That idea would never have struck me either... I need both hands to cling on to my dear life. :lol:

Yes, on a roller coaster. That idea would never have struck me either... I need both hands to cling on to my dear life. :lol:

Dito.. with closed eyes (lol, you should have seen me at Universal Studios MUMMY 3D ride. LOL). It was in 3D but kept my eyes closed.

Should be banned. Silly things anyway but in a crowded environment like this, not at all sensible. There's always someone happy to take the pic for you. Done it for others myself.

Edited by Rockstar6662
  • Like 2

Dito.. with closed eyes (lol, you should have seen me at Universal Studios MUMMY 3D ride. LOL). It was in 3D but kept my eyes closed.

yeah my wife on our honeymoon at universal studios had her eyes closed all the way throught the tranformers 3d ride odd seeing a woman you love with 3d glasses on seeing nothing :)

Edited by teskothemad

The Mummy 3D is an awesome ride, and but a calm one, no loopings etc at all, I would understand if you close your eyes on the Rock'n'Roll Coaster or the Hulk coaster , I would even not go on them, hate Loopings. But the Mummy is awesome great effects, but a really calm ride guys ;)

Edited by timlux

I'm sure that people will be more than happy to take pictures for you. Selfie sticks are the most annoying invention ever. It's going to be extremely crowded and people are not going to be happy if they keep getting hit in the face with a stick haha

The Mummy 3D is an awesome ride, and but a calm one, no loopings etc at all, I would understand if you close your eyes on the Rock'n'Roll Coaster or the Hulk coaster , I would even not go on them, hate Loopings. But the Mummy is awesome great effects, but a really calm ride guys ;)

The Mummy is actually one of the few coasters I can stand. My friends got me to go on California Screaming once. They got their ears full the whole ride: "I hate you I hate you I hate you!" I must have sounded like a 3 year old. :lol:

I'm sure that people will be more than happy to take pictures for you. Selfie sticks are the most annoying invention ever. It's going to be extremely crowded and people are not going to be happy if they keep getting hit in the face with a stick haha

I don't quite get them either, at least not at events or locations like theme parks where there's always enough people around you can ask. When we were to Disney last I actually offered some people help with their pictures. I daresay I am a good photographer, and nowadays you can check out if the picture's okay right away anyway. But no, I was turned down... they wanted a selfie. Heaven forbid they come home with a good shot where you can see something. :lol:

• Like 1

Only one person can use a selfie stick and get away with it:

arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-selfie. shame arnie isn't at this event that would have been the best guest for sure no offence there are amazing guests I'm meeting plenty but blimey its arnie lol

If you're not him at LFCC, you can't do it! :P

• Like 1

Selfie sticks although you do always go " look at that idiot " do produce amazing photos and iv captured some very special moments with mine.and I will be bringing with me to London. I don't know if I will use it depends but m opinion are there a stupid looking invention but take superb selfies with people and landmarks in the back ground or next to you

• Like 2

Yeah I love selfie sticks, but in the right environment. Like taking pics outside etc. where there's plenty of space so no one is likely to get hit by one. Inside a busy building, not a good idea haha

• Like 1

Really? Maybe I'm thinking of a different ride but at Orlando it's a wee bit scary

Some people (like myself) lack the confidence to ask strangers to take photos, especially when it will be so busy and so many people will be rushing places (talks/photoshoots) so selfie sticks are the answer to our prayers

• Like 1

Disney has banned selfie sticks in all their parks in the US. Soon to happen in Paris I believe. Europa park in Germany will soon be banning them as well. All for the same reason, because idiots think its a good idea to get them out on rides.

I can't stand them. Why does every photo that people take need their head stuffed in it? Take pictures of places and things without your head covering 90% of the photo. I was recently in Krakow and saw a lot of them. People taking photos in front of amazing buildings and I doubt you could see anything of the building.

There are only so many pictures of your duck face pouting selfies that people want to see.

• Like 6

Disney has banned selfie sticks in all their parks in the US. Soon to happen in Paris I believe. Europa park in Germany will soon be banning them as well. All for the same reason, because idiots think its a good idea to get them out on rides.

I can't stand them. Why does every photo that people take need their head stuffed in it? Take pictures of places and things without your head covering 90% of the photo. I was recently in Krakow and saw a lot of them. People taking photos in front of amazing buildings and I doubt you could see anything of the building.

There are only so many pictures of your duck face pouting selfies that people want to see.

Haha, couldn't have put it better!