Sherlocked Schedule now live!

Too Tall

Hi there all! I have two questions if anyone can help. I have a Gold ticket and am in Group D. Am I right in thinking that the free photo shoot on a Sherlock set is in Mycroft's office? If so, do I have to attend a specific one on specific day or time or can I go to any one I choose? I would rather a photo on 221B set instead; is this possible?

Hi there all! I have two questions if anyone can help. I have a Gold ticket and am in Group D. Am I right in thinking that the free photo shoot on a Sherlock set is in Mycroft's office? If so, do I have to attend a specific one on specific day or time or can I go to any one I choose? I would rather a photo on 221B set instead; is this possible?

Yes, you can go anytime, no you cannot switch to 221B (I already asked to do that and was told no, it's being used for other photo ops).

ETA: You can pay extra for the 221B set, but it's not included with your ticket, just to clarify that.

Edited by slhomitz

I'll pass that info on to my friend Slhomitz, at least she'll know the suggestion is out there by more than one person.

Thank you so much guys! That's great!

I have to tell you that I am a spoilt older Sherlockian who has managed to get a ticket to have photo taken with BC on 221b set. I decided to break the bank and go for it :blush: But there was just something about the free photo and that I still wanted 221b! God I sound greedy don't I. I just want to make the most out of this weekend. Who knows if Ben will be available again anywhere in the future?! Looking on the schedule, there appears only one shoot scheduled for the 221B with BC? Thanks once again... you're all great. Hope I get to meet some of you :smile: X

Thank you for the reply :) I just have a day ticket so would this mean the ticket will need to be scanned and that's all? Thanks again :)

As far as I am aware but as I'm not a mod or with in the know I'm just basing it on what happens at LFCC and Collectormania.

Nothing has changed on the schedule yet Destructo but I don't think it's a problem, I think they have given her an extra long shoot to account for the group shot. My guess is they will just hold her solo shoot whilst she is doing the group shot. She's not going to be gone long.

Ah okay that's cool, just wanted to check incase her starting/finishing time was going to change

I agree that this is probably what will happen, except if you look at the photoshoot schedule, her initials are not there as being included, so maybe she was removed from the group photo? IDK.

I din't notice that, but when we were discussing something similar in MildGrooveOn's cancellation thread one of the posters said that at another show when one of the guests from a group shot had to cancel they were refunded for that guests part of the group fee. If Una wasn't able to do it anymore for some reason I'm sure we would have been refunded. Hopefully it's just a typo.

Put it this way - if you've done an LFCC, this is nothing. :D And at the last LFCC, I had clashes up the wazoo, much shorter photoshoots, and the crew managed to get me into each and every one. And I had an AWESOME time. Just plan your schedule carefully and it'll be fine.

I would also worry that my planning would be wrong :no: All the official advice is to go to the shortest first but my inclination is to do Mark's first as Lars and Louise have shoots in the afternoon that we can try and go to if we do have to leave for Ben's talk.

It would seem that Benedicts talk will be disturbed by people coming back from photo shoots. I think it might be a good idea if it could be filmed officially and made available to us either online or a screening at another time to enable those of us who missed some or all of it to be able to catch up.

It's been stated by the mods that this wouldn't happen. To record the shoot and release it in anyway would involve a massive amount of negotiation and agreements with the guests and generally doesn't happen. In a talk even if everyone gets in on time people still sometimes have to leave for various reasons. As long as it's not people in the seats around you all leaving/joining constantly it's not a problem. I've been to a lot of talks over the years.

'I would also worry that my planning would be wrong :no: All the official advice is to go to the shortest first but my inclination is to do Mark's first as Lars and Louise have shoots in the afternoon that we can try and go to if we do have to leave for Ben's talk'

I would tend to agree with you here Raylenth, the only thing I'd do is maybe talk to one of the crew first and see what they suggest but yeah, being able to go to the other two shoots in the afternoon it makes sense to make Mark's only shoot of the day your priority.

Just out of curiosity has anyone actually been to a convention if this size where there were NO clashes ever???

In my experience of convention going the only ones where there have been no clashes are the ones that only have 3-4 guests and by that very nature people are still unhappy, they get no clashes but they complain there aren't enough guests!

The best thing is not to panic, the crew at these events are very helpful and organised, I know from experience of having clashes at events they will know which queue is going to move quickest and point you in the right direction!

I have one teeny question though will there be large screens in the talks so that the people in the back will be able to see well?

• Like 1

I'm gonna try Lars first (as Mark would still be on group A) and see what the queue is like but if it's slow, I'm gonna have to ditch it for Mark's. I can do Loo's in the afternoon, but Lars' clashes with the Andrew talk which I refuse to miss because my friend, whom I'm going with, is a massive Andrew fan and I will not let her miss any of it.

I'm expecting to miss the beginning of Ben's talk, but if I miss more than 15mins I'm going to be so annoyed

Not this big no, I've been to lots of cons but you are right, you usually have about 6 guests and everything is much more structured - talk, then pics, then auto's for example but yes they are much smaller with much less going on.

As far as the screens are concerned I'm sure they will have them simply because of the amount of people who will be in the talk, they will probably be necessary.

Ive been to hotel based cons where there weren't any clashes because you spend all day in talks. Break for photos and then at the end of the day, you queue for autographs, which were all done together, so you just move down the line to the next guest...but that was a hotel based one.

Oh and we were talking about 8-10 guests, which were main characters from the show Farscape

Edited by destructogal17

I've even been to hotel based cons where there are clashes not huge long ones mind you but definitely clashes where you have to leave a talk have your picture taken and then head back to the talk lol

Yeah I've done a few of those too, but people were called out in groups so you never missed more than 10mins tops, but the talks were continuous so it was no different than popping out to the loo.

Ive been to hotel based cons where there weren't any clashes because you spend all day in talks. Break for photos and then at the end of the day, you queue for autographs, which were all done together, so you just move down the line to the next guest...but that was a hotel based one.

Oh and we were talking about 8-10 guests, which were main characters from the show Farscape

Was that in Burbank? I was probably there! :D

yep! Haha I went to two umm 2005 and 2007 I think

yep! Haha I went to two umm 2005 and 2007 I think

Did they do them that recently? I think we went in 2001 and 2002. Because our daughter was 6 when she got picked-up and carried around the stage by Ben Browder as he answered questions and she's 19 now. Damn. Now I made myself feel old again.

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity has anyone actually been to a convention if this size where there were NO clashes ever???

In my experience of convention going the only ones where there have been no clashes are the ones that only have 3-4 guests and by that very nature people are still unhappy, they get no clashes but they complain there aren't enough guests!

The best thing is not to panic, the crew at these events are very helpful and organised, I know from experience of having clashes at events they will know which queue is going to move quickest and point you in the right direction!

I have one teeny question though will there be large screens in the talks so that the people in the back will be able to see well?

There's always clashes ! Many years experience of running from one end of a Conventon Center or Hotel to another because things I have booked up have clashed. It is worth studying the schedule in detail and having some sort of plan though before you go, particularly if a guest is only there one day for example, would always make them a priority. Always worth deciding as well what are your must haves and what you are not so bothered about, o.k., it would be great to do everything but chances are to get to all the talks, all the photoshoots and get all the autographs in an event of this scale probably isn't going to happen.

Sorry if it has been answered before but will the autograph sessions for Benedict be called by group order : VIP, then group A then group B? Can I assume as a part of group B that I won't be able to have my autograph between 9 AM and 9:30 AM Saturday morning?

Sorry if it has been answered before but will the autograph sessions for Benedict be called by group order : VIP, then group A then group B? Can I assume as a part of group B that I won't be able to have my autograph between 9 AM and 9:30 AM Saturday morning?

I asked this too, because I can't imagine that there will time to do any Group B during the first session if they go in group order. I would also think the other session is longer so that anyone who can't make the 9 am session has another option.

It would be nice to have confirmation of this. We were supposed to get an email, but I have not received one.

Edited by slhomitz

I think I did read this elsewhere on the thread, but just updating my own timetable now and realised there is only one photoshoot session for Mark Gatiss for 1 hour 15 mins on Saturday to get through Groups A, C and Batches 1 and 2.

It also runs from 12.15 p.m. to 1.30 p.m. clashing with Benedict Cumberbatch's talk, so effectively we are going to miss the talk or are we able to go to Mark's phootshoot on the Sunday as an alternative ?

I think I did read this elsewhere on the thread, but just updating my own timetable now and realised there is only one photoshoot session for Mark Gatiss for 1 hour 15 mins on Saturday to get through Groups A, C and Batches 1 and 2.

It also runs from 12.15 p.m. to 1.30 p.m. clashing with Benedict Cumberbatch's talk, so effectively we are going to miss the talk or are we able to go to Mark's phootshoot on the Sunday as an alternative ?

Yes, that's correct. He has a lot of commitments. Groups A and C have been discussing this since the schedule was announced and we have been assured that they will get through all of MG's photo ops before Benedict's panel. Those in the batches may not be so lucky, however. If you are in one of the batches, you are to tell the crew so that they can expedite your photo op (after A and C are done).

You cannot go to Sunday's session. You must go at 12:15 Saturday.

• Like 1