Latest Guest Announcement - MICHAEL J. FOX

And what do you think will happen when SM contact eBay and are given the details of the seller's account by proving they are the rightful owners of the tickets? the tickets will be de-authorised leaving the buyer out hundreds of pounds, the seller may even be banned from events and lose his/her other tickets too...

When you buy them you agree to abide by the rules set out by the rights holder, whatever they may be. If you don't agree to that then don't buy them. You don't get to choose which rules to follow just because you don't happen to agree later on. That road leads to anarchy...

And as for the ownership of the tickets - They always belonged to SM and always will, what you buy is the oportunity to partake in a photoshoot and take a print away after. The ticket is just proof of that oportunity, you don't have the rights to resell the oportunity and as the ticekts were never yours SM have the right to recind that oportunity if you fail to adhere to the Terms and conditions set forth in the sales contract.

Anyway - this is just getting us into a slanging match. SM have this in hand as always and will defend their rights - We aren't privy to the background action and what-nots so this is all moot (especially for those listings that actually show the ticket numbers or personally identifiable details... that's just hilarious...)

Let's stick to enjoying the anticipation and fact that in about 7 weeks we will be in the presence of greatness. :clap:

Edited by Zahariel
  • Like 2

Okay guys, can we please stop this discussion now? We've been through all this a couple of times now. I've removed a couple of posts because of this. Zahariel's post is still up because it sums up the situation pretty well and saved me a lot of typing. :lol:

The terms of service say the tickets can't be transferred. If you bought the tickets you did so under these conditions and have to abide to the rules. If you buy a car you still have to abide to the rules on the roads you are using it on too. Owning the car doesn't automatically give you the right to go 200 miles an hour near a kindergarten.

No one forces anyone to buy those tickets. The T&C are on the site. If you're not 100 percent sure you can make it yes, you are taking a risk with the no refund rule. Same with flights, hotel accomodation and a lot of things.

Never mind the fact that so far most of the people who tried to sell were doing so for profit. We even had a couple of stories where someone supposedly wasn't paid back and hence was selling... would have been way more believable if that hadn't happened with the very same people before. If you want to cut your losses list something at buy it now, maybe add a little extra for fees. Didn't happen so far.

• Like 4

Has anyone received their diamond pass yet?

Diamond passes will be mailed out in the following weeks, unfortunately there's been a little delay.

PLEASE HELP!!! Is there any clarification as to when we will be able to confirm our MJF autograph day/time (and MJF photo) as I've been getting mixed messages - Is this being sent out with the individual passes? I've been told your allotted time and day will be allocated to you, but a friend was told via email communication that we will be able to choose our day - confirmation would really be appreciated as I need to make travel plans and also ensure I have the required entry tickets for the correct days and so not having this information really is a bit of an issue! I totally appreciate the complexity of the arrangements for this guest, but the date is getting closer and closer and without the times/days confirmed I can't make any final arrangements! Thanks

I know this won't go down with a few people but I do hope some of you agree with me. Don't get me wrong, I love MJF and have been a major fan of his for as long as I can remember but with the delay on tickets, please have a thought that it's real people (not robots) sorting out these conventions and getting us a lot of guests from a large variety of interests; not just actors but also authors & wrestlers to name just a few other.

Maybe this is just what I feel but felt it needed to be said but please cut them some slack...

Edited by Decant

Has anyone received their diamond pass yet?

Diamond passes will be mailed out in the following weeks, unfortunately there's been a little delay.

PLEASE HELP!!! Is there any clarification as to when we will be able to confirm our MJF autograph day/time (and MJF photo) as I've been getting mixed messages - Is this being sent out with the individual passes? I've been told your allotted time and day will be allocated to you, but a friend was told via email communication that we will be able to choose our day - confirmation would really be appreciated as I need to make travel plans and also ensure I have the required entry tickets for the correct days and so not having this information really is a bit of an issue! I totally appreciate the complexity of the arrangements for this guest, but the date is getting closer and closer and without the times/days confirmed I can't make any final arrangements! Thanks

It's still a month before the show, that would be very early to get anything confirmed. As far as I know there's a similar system as for the normal guests with numbers being called.

• Like 1

I know this won't go down with a few people but I do hope some of you agree with me. Don't get me wrong, I love MJF and have been a major fan of his for as long as I can remember but with the delay on tickets, please have a thought that it's real people (not robots) sorting out these conventions and getting us a lot of guests from a large variety of interests; not just actors but also authors & wrestlers to name just a few other.

Maybe this is just what I feel but felt it needed to be said but please cut them some slack...

I'm in no rush for it, I trust that it will be here before the event. I was just curious. I fully appreciate the work Showmasters and the team do

Okay guys... so this is how it will work:

The autographs are being called by ticket number as I suspected. It'll mean the batch 1 will be Fri and Sat, with batch 2 being Sat and Sun. If someone can only be there one day, we'll look at getting them through.

For photo shoots, it'll be batch 1 on Saturday and batch 2 on Sunday. Again if someone can only make one day, we'll look at moving them.

Hope that answers the concerns.

• Like 1

QS I will be attending all 3 days but I'm bringing my mum on Sunday as she has a photo booked with MJF. She has quite bad anxiety issues and I'm not sure how she will get on queuing on her own. Would I be allowed to have my photo on Sunday so I could queue with her?

QS I will be attending all 3 days but I'm bringing my mum on Sunday as she has a photo booked with MJF. She has quite bad anxiety issues and I'm not sure how she will get on queuing on her own. Would I be allowed to have my photo on Sunday so I could queue with her?

I take it you're Batch 1 then? ;)

It's a health issue, I can't see a date change being a problem in your case.

Hi all,

I have a diamond pass. I'm hoping to get MJF to write "this is heavy" and sign my BTTF2 poster, does anyone know if he will write messages as well as sign

Apologies in advance if its a stupid question/ been asked before

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi all,

I have a diamond pass. I'm hoping to get MJF to write "this is heavy" and sign my BTTF2 poster, does anyone know if he will write messages as well as sign

Apologies in advance if its a stupid question/ been asked before

Thanks

With this being Michaels first signing event it's very difficult to say, I would say that due to the limited amount of autographs Michael is doing it would be just his signature and no personalisations, but that really is just speculation

Yea I booked the diamond pass straight away so I think so. I know I managed to get mum a batch 1 for the Sunday.

Thank you. Should I just talk to a pit boss when I get there?

That should be alright, but let me check with TooTall. Is there anything else that could be done to make things easier for your mum? TooTall is the contact for our handicapped/disabled attendees, you could drop him a line to discuss possible assistance.

I will talk to her and ask her. She should be OK as long as I'm with her, but I have a talk to attend on the sunday and she doesn't have a ticket.is there somewhere quiet out of the way she could wait for me? She doesn't do well with lots of people around but she didn't want to miss the chance to meet MJF and Christopher Lloyd

22 years ago I became an amputee after my left thumb was crushed by a hydraulic hammer and at present I am in in constant pain and am gradually losing the use of my hand due to nerve damage. I have bought a MJF diamond ticket as the chance to meet him was to great to pass by. When I see how he gets on with his life and makes time for his fans I feel that what has happened to me is nothing in comparison.

Last year I was able to attend talks and buy 2 books that each had Professor Stephen Hawkings authenticated thumbprint and they only cost me 90 euros for the pair. There were 500 copies of a book and you had a one in six chance of getting a signed book. You could not look inside the book, you had to hand over your money and hope to be lucky. I bought 2 books and both had the thumbprint.

Having my accident made my realise how life can change in a moment and that when opportunities arise if you let them pass you by you will probably regret that you did not act when you had the chance.

• Like 1