Showmasters shops moving to e-Ticketing system!

Too Tall

It was about time SM does the move :) I'm very happy with that news as it's idd much easier (no risk your tickets get lost in the postal service) and way cheaper for foreigners like me (£7 was a ridiculously expensive postage fee)

For those without a printer, really, you now have printers that are costing as low as £30. I find it hard to understand why would people be ready to buy £15 autographs or photos and not invest in a printer. What were you doing if your tickets weren't reaching you then, as you had to print an order confirmation to get your tickets at the event?

A question though, what if you already placed an order with the current system? Will your tickets still be mailed out? I assume then for an event like LFCC for instance you will have people with "old" tickets and "new" ones (providing the change for LFCC occurs before the event), and both will be accepted?

Edited by God L'Eponge

A question though, what if you already placed an order with the current system? Will your tickets still be mailed out? I assume then for an event like LFCC for instance you will have people with "old" tickets and "new" ones (providing the change for LFCC occurs before the event), and both will be accepted?

This has been explained a couple of times already. ;) If you placed an order with the current "non e-ticket system" you will receive your order as usual.

You are correct, for a few events there will be a mixture and both types of tickets will be accepted.

This has been explained a couple of times already. ;) If you placed an order with the current "non e-ticket system" you will receive your order as usual.

You are correct, for a few events there will be a mixture and both types of tickets will be accepted.

Sorry, must have missed that info :) Thx for clarifying

Edited by God L'Eponge

Ok, this is my last E mail on this matter, as it appears no one seems to know anything or able to answer any of my questions?

Printers... I don't want one. Yes they are very cheap. But I don't want one, doesn't mean I don't know how to use one and Yes I have printed off my Email when tickets have not arrived. Money is not an Option.

I would like to know, Are the printed tickets going to be a whole A4 page? Last year I did 61 photo shoots. This means if the ticket is now A4 size I have to carry a vast amount of paper around. Everything I have ever printed out tends to be A4?

Wont this slow down the queues in the photo shoot area, one person trying to scan the ticket? Brings up lots of issues.. Scanners brake down... Cant read the paper ticket.. Someone in front trying to find the ticket on their phone.. Etc What is going to be the procedure if there is a failed ticket?

Will the tickets still be numbered 1 - 400 etc otherwise how do you queue people? it will be a mass free for all? on a first come?

Like I said above with so many photo shoots Timing is everything for me.

At present SM rules only state you need a ticket. Refunds are only given if the guest cancels.. But with a new ticket system in place which will slow down the queues.. when things go wrong, could mean you miss out meeting a guest. It may not be you with a faulty ticket but the 10th person in front of you. Which puts you late in meeting the next guest? Are you entitled to a refund?

Sorry to go on about this, but we need reassurances. It may never happen to me... but could happen to someone.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Unless you've managed somehow to smudge your barcode beyond recognition the scanners for these things are usually pretty reliable and fast - at least they have been at every e-ticketed event/flight/etc I've been to/on in the last 5 years or so. (And many with posted tickets too - the o2 for example puts barcodes on those too so everyone is scanned for entry.)

And if someone has the code on their phone but doesn't have it ready when they get to the front then generally the queue of people who ARE ready just moves past them until they sort it, in the same way they would if currently someone got to the front and couldn't find which pocket they put the ticket in...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A few things have occured to me about the new system:

With the move towards Diamond passes, of which many have received these in the post. Will these now be handed out at the event for those who buy them through EB?

Also, how will gift vouchers be handled now? do we print them off ourselves or pick them up at the event if they are even going to continue to be sold.

And finally, is there a way for people to tell when tickets are running low on the EB site? the SM one has the handy traffic light system but I can't see anything on the EB site.

A few things have occured to me about the new system:

With the move towards Diamond passes, of which many have received these in the post. Will these now be handed out at the event for those who buy them through EB?

Also, how will gift vouchers be handled now? do we print them off ourselves or pick them up at the event if they are even going to continue to be sold.

And finally, is there a way for people to tell when tickets are running low on the EB site? the SM one has the handy traffic light system but I can't see anything on the EB site.

With the Sherlocked tickets, you pick up whatever you have ordered when you register on the day, so I suspect that would be the case for Gold Passes, Diamond Passes etc. You need to go and pick up your goody bag etc anyway, so they could issue you with the Diamond Pass then at the same time in exchange for your e-ticket.

I imagine the same would work for gift vouchers as well.

Good point, would be useful to have this.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not have both options? E-ticket and posted but with a SMALL additional fee? some people don't have access to a printer or smart phone. and most librires charge for printing.. (mine does anyway)

Good idea but not very practical for everyone and could imagine it would cause problems at these very busy events.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask, is the YALC £20 ticket inclusive of LFCC entry or is it just for YALC? The description sounds like it's just for YALC but seems very pricey as it's more than the LFCC ticket................... I'm a teeny bit confused.