Autograph tables - Cash or Vouchers?

At all previous SM events I've attended, you could always pay with cash or vouchers at the guests autograph tables, but I've heard a rumour that from this year's summer event, it will be vouchers only.

Can a mod or someone from SM confirm or deny this. Thanks.

I can't remember where but I have seen Jason from SM say that they won't switch over to a voucher only system as it would make people essentially have to queue twice to get an auto. I would say this is false.

I believe Jason said this in relation to Destination Star Trek as I think they operate a voucher system.

I don't think there's any plans to switching to a "voucher only" system for any Showmasters events.

• Like 2

I can't remember where but I have seen Jason from SM say that they won't switch over to a voucher only system as it would make people essentially have to queue twice to get an auto. I would say this is false.

I believe Jason said this in relation to Destination Star Trek as I think they operate a voucher system.

I don't think there's any plans to switching to a "voucher only" system for any Showmasters events.

That sounds right. I think someone asked if SM had plans to bring that system in and he said an outright no.

Not to mention the fact of having to spend them. For instance if you buy vouchers for 200 Pounds and just use 160 Pounds worth you would have to que again to return them if it was even possible to do. I have only paid with cash so not sure how that works.

Rumour and rumour only. Jason had indeed stated when someone suggested after DSTL that the other events should switch the vouchers/tokens too that this wasn't going to happen.

Gift vouchers are accepted directly at the tables of course, and so are the autograph vouchers you buy at the sales table with your credit card.

I attended DSTL and the token system was very strange, the time it took me to walk over and get an additional token I could have been a few people further up in the queue. I even paid cash for the token so it felt long winded. Although kinda makes sense as all the cash is in a safe place and not with each guests helper etc.

Rumour and rumour only. Jason had indeed stated when someone suggested after DSTL that the other events should switch the vouchers/tokens too that this wasn't going to happen.

Gift vouchers are accepted directly at the tables of course, and so are the autograph vouchers you buy at the sales table with your credit card.

Thanks for that QS.You put my mind at ease. I was worried i would have to buy £100's of vouchers in advance.