Diamond Pass

ok can somebody in layman terms explain.

is it for example : mark hamill is a diamond guest (using him just as he a potential) .

his auto may be £70 , his pic with may be £45.

but due to him being so busy they cannot guarantee you can get either of the above unless you have bought a diamond pass which 100% guarantees you access. also what are prices of diamond pass, does diamond pass make gold pass obsolete ?

its all very confusing with so many options.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Diamond passes and gold passes are completely separate things.

Gold passes are for the event - there may be exceptions for diamond guest activities but otherwise the benefits of the pass work across everything.

Diamond passes are for specific guests. If you want to meet two diamond guests, you would (unless some 'open' autos/photos are available) have to buy a pass for EACH of them. Said passes might be completely different prices, as each diamond guest will be priced individually.

Diamond passes and gold passes are completely separate things.

Gold passes are for the event - there may be exceptions for diamond guest activities but otherwise the benefits of the pass work across everything.

Diamond passes are for specific guests. If you want to meet two diamond guests, you would (unless some 'open' autos/photos are available) have to buy a pass for EACH of them. Said passes might be completely different prices, as each diamond guest will be priced individually.

so basically say they got a big guest, and charged £300 for him/her they simply calling it diamond guest that and limiting amount of people to 100 for this guest

• Moderators

Quite what is on offer from any 'diamond' guest will only be known when that guest is announced. If you buy a diamond pass/package for that specific guest, you will definitely get everything available.

Some guests there might be only 50 diamond packages, some might be 500. Again we won't know until an announcement.

Sometimes there might be limited opportunity for people without a pass for that specific guest to get a photo or attend a talk etc, and sometimes there won't be.

Hopefully for anyone who is still confused things will become clearer when the first 'diamond' announcement is made.

I'd like to think that there would be more than 100 passes for each guest, as the cost of the bigger guest has to be covered primarily by the intake of their Diamond passes. However, the level of 'exclusivity' (so to speak) would deem a higher cost (£400 is the number I've seen floating around) more justifiable. If they're still only selling 100 Diamond passes for a 'big' guest - which, for argument's sake, let's price at £70k - they'd be taking in £40k in Diamond passes and would have to support the remaining £30k elsewhere. Of course, the logical solution here would be making another 75 Diamond passes available - dependant on the guest of course, I'm certain that the demand will be there judging by how many attendees the previous SLFCC attracted.

TL;DR: I really hope that there'll be more than 100 Diamond passes for each Diamond guest and tried to convince myself of this.

• Moderators

There probably will be some diamond guests who have more than 100 passes for sale, but less is also possible! Remember that the diamond guests will be guests that can't be booked to do the whole event as 'normal' so if SM can only negotiate that they'll sign/etc for 100 people then that's all that they can sell!

• Moderators

If you have a diamond pass you will DEFINITELY meet a diamond pass guest and get to take part in all their activities.

SOME diamond pass guests MAY also do a limited signing for people without the relevant diamond pass, or there MAY be a few additional photoshoots sold. If they do a talk then there might be tickets sold to non-pass holders. Gold passes will NOT get priority in the queue if they do such a signing or photo session, and will not have access to any such talks without a ticket.

Basically, as far as diamond pass guests go, EVERYONE who doesn't have the diamond pass for that guest will have the same chance, whether they have a regular entry pass or a gold pass.

I'm hoping that diamond passes will not always include autograph and photoshoot though. I'm more of an autograph guy and would prefer not to pay a 'double' price to have a photoshoot I'm not interested in. I'm sure photoshoot people feel the same. Maybe offer 3 passes for some diamond guest? (one photoshoot, one autograph, one both?) Just throwing it out there :P

• Showmasters Admin

As always we will do our best to make sure Diamond pass events do not clash.

What I mean by this is that if needed we "may" allow a talk and a photo shoot to overlap as long as it gives plenty of time to do both.

e.g.

Talk A 13:00-13:45

Photo B 13:30-14:30

So photo B may start before the end of Talk A but there is still 45 minutes to go to Photo B after the talk ends.

If for any reason you do have a clash please make sure you tell us. Talk to a Pit Boss (crew in red shirts) and they will do their best to help. If we know at the time we can almost always help, if we know afterwards it's almost impossible.