Regarding the theme announcement

magiclee

I think if you did long enough it's an anniversary of plenty of other things as well. Fifty years of Sound of Music anyone? Thirty-five years for Flash Gordon, 9 to 5, Return of the King

I went looking at films released twenty years ago and stopped as felt dreadfully old :grump: ,

No not at all, im totally with you. Its not like there isn't always 20 or 30 SW guests anyway. SW though is very popular so it probably brings in alot of fans. I hope though that more fandoms are covered than last years lfcc as more than half the guests we're SW,DW & GOT alone. More 80s & more horror plz :smile: :smile: :whistling:

• Like 3

Personally I'm not unhappy with Star Wars, not my favorite show, but enjoyable nonetheless. Horror is definatly something I'm not into, which shows the fans have different tastes, I'm sure SM knows that too and I'd be surprised if they'd let LFCC be about just one show. So I'm with DavidB on this one, I expect SM to announce (much) more then just SW guests... :)

Please tell me I'm not the only one slightly disappointed lol. Yeh, star wars is great. But it's also bttf 30th. I would even walk past Harrison Ford to get an autograph of ernie Hudson. Is that a bad thing

It's not a bad thing no, but the big difference between the two is that Ernie Hudson has done a Showmasters event in the past, where as Harrison Ford has not. No matter what guest they get, however big or small, there will always be people that will say they'd walk past them for someone else.

Who said the event can only have one theme?

Let's not criticise yet at such an early stage. I'll only be disappointed if they don't get Harrison Ford or Mark Hamill, as those are the one's I really want/need, oh plus Anthony Daniels.

• Like 1

Personally, I could not care less about Star Wars, not even if they get Harrison Ford, but hey, good for the ones that do!

Glad to hear there will be more themes though, hopefully some will be to my liking as well*.

If not, I'm still a happy camper of there are five or so other quest I care about, or Schwarzenegger and/or Stallone.

* My own dream theme would be a Marvel theme, with Marvel guests past and present - from Agent Coulson to Rex Smith (First live action Daredevil).

Please tell me I'm not the only one slightly disappointed lol. Yeh, star wars is great. But it's also bttf 30th. I would even walk past Harrison Ford to get an autograph of ernie Hudson. Is that a bad thing

I have to admit until I saw this thread it never even crossed my mind this was supposed to be a big announcement. After all, Star Wars related anniversary big reunions are hardly uncommon. We are somewhat spoiled by them.

• Like 1

The vast majority of people would be delighted with anything Star Wars related so ShowMasters will do what they can to please their core fans. If you're not a big original Star Wars fan, there's plenty of other hints regarding Jurassic Park and Back to the Future. This event is clearly going to be epic... there will be plenty of amazing guests to satisfy everyone :D

• Like 1

I agree with some of the comments. I did not see this as a BIG anouncement i would have been trusy suprised if they hadnt been going ot get a load of SW actors in seeing as they are filming in the UK + the new film is out next year. Im a fan of SW but not a hard core. There will DEFENATELY be more than SW for those worrying. SM has people form all over TV, film and sports industry and even some authors. Plus this coming year they will be brining us even more things we have never seen before.

Yes it's true a lot of Star Wars guests do attend events, but having a big reunion and with the new Diamond passes may see an opportunity for a guest that maybe isn't likely to be a regular attender, or at least that's the way I'm seeing it. For example Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill or even someone like Frank Oz who voiced Yoda but also has some great other voice credits.

• Like 1