Guest Cancelleation - Diana Muldaur

Really disappointed to hear that Diana can't make it - was hoping I'd finally get to meet her after her previous cancelled appearances at Showmasters events. Any chance you could book her for Destination Star Trek London?

Edited by nosfer2

At least she has re-scheduled for Winter LFCC. Might see her yet

Dave, where have you seen the reschedule info, cant seem to find it??
i read it on the cancellation message but think she is listed as a guest now. Sorry for the late reply

I have emailed in regards to refund - the account used for payment is closed and if it's refunded there I won't have easy access to it so would rather swap photo tickets or discuss paying in a different way- what are the time scales for email replys?

• Moderators

It can vary, Mara and the sales team are usually really good and helpful and have always been very quick in getting back to me, however with the show being so close and it being the weekend there may be a delay in your reply

• Showmasters Admin

I know I am saying this whilst gutted and quite angry but please Showmasters listen to this feedback - I was only going for Diana Muldaur (I know that is my choice) but we fans have to book travel and hotels to get to your events. If we pay in advance it makes it more cost effective. I cannot believe that Ms Muldaur has just cancelled today (I apologise if I am wrong) so please post cancellations as soon as you are aware so that fans like me are not left with a 300 mile train trip to London to stay in a hotel just to look at the dealers tables.

Maybe people should take a step back and think before they start looking to blame someone here ? , we all work hard to get an amazing line up for all our events , be spend weeks and months on these deals then we also pay for flights up front some of which are none refundable to give everyone the guest list they what to see. We cannot ever comment on why a guest has to pull out but in some cases if its work then we can tell you that , in other cases if a personal nature and something we are not permitted to repeat to the fans , but it will be a very good reason why , if its a health issue or a death in the family we would not want to be the one to go public and there is no need as its a privet mater .

so Trek Dave in this case with Diana i can tell you 100% its a privet matter, so i do not know what Feedback you want us to listen to and learn from ? The guests we have attending our events are human beings and sometimes we are all not up to flying or travelling or working very hard so maybe some thought should be given to what we cannot always say.

I have been booking guests for over 20 years now and i can say no one wants to wast anyones time promoting a guest that is not attending, we do our best to get everyone we promote there on the day and most of the time we do just that ,but there are going to be guest that have to drop out its gos with the territory.

Two last thoughts i would like to shear with you all.

When we was last in the US at a Dr Who con Billie Piper contact us the day before she was to fly to the show to inform us she was really unwell and was not going to make it.

We totally understood and wished her the best and that she should look after herself.

We asked her if she thought she could make the next even and could we tell the fans that she would be coming to the next event a year later, I herd nothing form her for 24 hours which was very odd , then i got a text , I AM ON THE PLANE , WOW , Billie was still really suffering but was a total trooper and a star and got on the plane not to let the fans down , this is how most guests are, they are good decent people and try to attend what ever happens.

Here is one other other true story about my old dear from John Hollis

I was very close to John he played Lobot in ESB , we had worked together for over 10 years and we were real friends , i stopped getting John to some of my events for around a year and a half , there was some very vocal people on the forum saying that common showmasters "why are you not booking John" or "i need his autograph so come on book him" and one person really pushed hard and was unpleasant saying stuff like "do your job its not that hard pull your finger out" one even said "i have talked to John and he wants to do your shows and dose not know why you are not booking him in ?" etc etc .

What these people did not know was Johns Wife trusted me and had asked me to look after John at all of the last public events he did, i looked after him from getting on the plan going to bed at the hotel getting him on the plain to go home,this was so he was still able to get out and meet the fans as he so enjoyed meeting you all.

Then the day came where Johns wife phoned me to say that John was to ill to do any more public appearances, she said he was really missing meeting the fans but his cancer was just so bad he could not leave his house anymore, i used to phone him from time to time telling him when he is feeling better we could do a few more local events again.

Over that year and a half on this forum people was just going on about why have we not booked him in , it was not my place to say anything so i did not , a year and a half went by and John passed and he was out of pain and in a better place .

Guests are real people and we should never forget that , i hope that give everyone something to think about we are lucky that these interesting people take the time out to travel to meet us and spend a few days with us entreating us overt he weekend.

Getting back to Diana she has agreed to come to the winter LFCC which is great as i have never met her before and i very much look forward to seeing her myself.

keep well and see you in a few days everyone.

Jason

• Like 8

Thank you for sharing that Jason, I know I stand for the majority of people on here and those attending the shows when I say thank you to both your team and yourself for what you have been able to put together of the years.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Thank you Zahariel for the kind words, its a pleasure putting inn these events for everyone , we are all fans here and we love and i mean it we really love our work , i just see the odd post like this and i feel its good to be real and let people know a little more form the other side of the show, we are no different to you all apart from we took a further step and took the plunge to getting involved in running events rather than just attending them :-).

So we really do know what you are all are feeling, the good things and the bad we just try to get it right for everyone.

not long now see you there soon

Jason

• Like 2

Jason

I can completely understand your post and where you're coming on from of being aware of information but not being in a position to share. I'm often in the same with my day job and I'm constantly coming across people who are annoyed because I was aware of information but didn't share the same because it wasn't my place to because I'm there to keep the information confidential!!

I do think people forget that our icons are human with all the various frailities that come with it and may have to cancel due to more fiscally rewarding jobs not to mention health issues. I think it's easily forgotten the lady's age and the distance she is travelling which will take a toll. I guess this is also reinforced due to it being the self-same reason Stan Lee has announced he's making this his last European appearance.

• Like 1