Printing your own 8x10s for autographs..

Im just wondering how many of you take your own pictures printed yourself and if so, whats the best printing photo paper to use to achieve great results?? something that will print the images at a good quality and also nothing thats too glossy to the pens done smudge.

im considering getting my own images for some autographs incase i dont come across other prints i like.

Edited by teabelly83

ill be bringing my own stuff for the guests to sign, but if I end up having nothing for someone to sign, then ill use one of the 8x10's provided

ive started doing that. I used to use the showmasters ones (which are good quality) but I tend to go for group shots now ehich they don't often have. I use snapfish if theres a specific one I want.

• Like 1

yeah i also sometimes use the shots showmasters provide but sometimes there has been occasions where the guests havent had a really great pic on their table thats jumped out at me and if i cant find any to buy online in advance then id like to print one of my own to take just incase.

Not sure if Adrienne Barbeau was going to have any #Catwoman pictures at her table, I chose to get one printed from one of my books, JUST IN CASE. It turned out she already did have a pic at her table, so I got that one signed as well.

• Like 1

If there is a specific image I just tend to use HP Photo Paper and Printer , always seems to print off fairly well and although shiny I've not had any problems with autos coming off when using a Sharpie.

I do tend to be lazy though and print off as A4, rather than a 10x8.

• Like 1

I do this sometimes with guests that have done voices on Transformers shows... Lance Henriksen didn't have any pics of Lockdown from Transformers Animated, which I thought would be the case, so I'd brought one with me. I did the same for Tony Todd but he had some pics of The Fallen which I preferred over the one I'd brought with me.

I just print them off onto high quality photo paper using my inkjet printer - they always look really good and signatures don't smudge or anything on them.

- G

• Like 1

My best friend creates digital art for me to get signed. She made me a wonderful Khal Drogo one last year for Jason Momoa to sign. This year, she's making me one for Natalie Dormer to sign. (Plus she makes one for herself, and I get it signed as a Thank you for her.)

• Like 3

sounds cool guys, im definitely looking at printing some of my own images/stills on some photopaper to take, just incase... summer glau from her appearances in Arrow, sherilyn fenn, cerina vincent, michael ensign and possibly charlie higson too.

If there's a specific thing you want that isn't one of the guests main roles I'd echo what other posters have said and suggest an online printing service. I've done it before and found it to be reasonably priced, it also gives you a lot of peace of mind on the day. Another bonus is that it gives you another conversation point with the guest, I ended up having a decent chat with Thomas Dekker a couple of years ago because I'd taken a picture from one of his indie movies which he was pretty happy about. I cheekily did the same thing with David Attenborough at a book signing and have a fantastic pic of him in the Natural History Museum stood next to the Darwin statue that never comes down from my wall now.

Where possible I've started printing my own using online printing companies. I sometimes go bigger than 10 x 8 if I have a great photo; mini posters look superb framed. A number of guests have commented on the photos when they see them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've used both snapfish and DS colour labs. Comparable quality from both. Snapfish generally cheaper for small quantities as their postage charge is smaller but per item price for 8x10s is higher so DS is cheaper for more than about 4 or 5 prints.

• Like 1

I've used both snapfish and DS colour labs. Comparable quality from both. Snapfish generally cheaper for small quantities as their postage charge is smaller but per item price for 8x10s is higher so DS is cheaper for more than about 4 or 5 prints.

Snapfish or Photobox are the 2 I use.

• Like 1

Ive started using snapfish on the recommendation of people on this forum for photos I want that ebay etc dont have. Personally I think the quality of the prints is good and 99p for an 10x8 is pretty good value.

• Like 1