we are on our way to 100 TV/FILM guests for this years event

• Moderators

I can see that point of view from the dealers but at the same time, less guests doesn't guarantee I'll spend more on dealers. Depends on the stock and the prices etc. I imagine it's quite hard for many of them to compete with online prices, for example.

People are funny. If there weren't many guests people would be complaining, and now, the other extreme, complaints there's too many?!

I want to meet as many guests as possible to make the 'trip' down to London worthwhile. I don't want to be paying for the train and the hotel just to spend 2 hours each day meeting people. I'm all for more guests!!

• Like 4

I can see that point of view from the dealers but at the same time, less guests doesn't guarantee I'll spend more on dealers. Depends on the stock and the prices etc. I imagine it's quite hard for many of them to compete with online prices, for example.

True, onlineprices is more favourable. I spend some money in stalls, but I dont either spend more there cause I can. I usually only buy casings for autographs and photos or items to get signed.

People are funny. If there weren't many guests people would be complaining, and now, the other extreme, complaints there's too many?!

I want to meet as many guests as possible to make the 'trip' down to London worthwhile. I don't want to be paying for the train and the hotel just to spend 2 hours each day meeting people. I'm all for more guests!!

Offc there is allways something to complain about! :)

Offc there is allways something to complain about! :)

It'll be the weather next. ;)

More the merrier as far as far as I'm concerned. If it was just a few guests all from a show that I'm not huge on, I'd have less choice. I'd rather have to face a choice about who to see than have less to be excited about. Besides, many of these guys do talks and you get to see them in that capacity. I commend showmasters for really doing their best this year.

More is certainly better IMHO. The fans are quite diverse and it gives us all something to choose from.

The other pay off is that the bigger the event, the bigger the names that it will attract. I hope it just keeps getting bigger and bigger each year. It could eventually rival SDCC!

I hope not. I heard that crowds there are so big you can't do what you want, but you pick one or two things and queue for that four hours and hours.

• Like 1

Quite, I don't see the point of spending £150 on trains and hotel to then spend £30 getting in, to then spend less than that on guests, there need to be enough to be worthwhile. It's still borderline for me, but I think I'll go anyway as I've missed not going to the Summer event in recent years due to the lack of guests interesting to me.

I completely agree with you! I'm travelling down from Yorkshire so the more guests the better for me! And i just think in general the more guests the better at these events as its great to have a variety of guests! Regardless of the event I think the more guests the better!

I wonder if some people are just never happy lol!

We're getting closer and closer to 100 guests. I hope the 100th is a big one!

I'm still hoping for someone from Once Upon A Time, Sherlock and Torchwood.

Anyone from Once Upon a Time would be cool - I'd love more BSG guests as well! Getting excited now that my tickets and hotel are booked!

I have booked 14 photoshoots so far spread over Saturday and Sunday and am likely to book more.

Was originally only going on Saturday as I am working the evenings of the weekend.

As more guests were added I decided I have to go Sunday also.

There are also autographs I plan to get say that hope I get a good VQ number for Stan Lee.

Hope I get paid my bonus from work next month!!!!!!

I completely agree with you! I'm travelling down from Yorkshire so the more guests the better for me! And i just think in general the more guests the better at these events as its great to have a variety of guests! Regardless of the event I think the more guests the better!

I wonder if some people are just never happy lol!

Well, that's an awful thing to say. I can assure you that each and everyone of those people are very happy about the announcements. What bugs us is that making the decision on who to get, is never really easy. There's always a chance that you may never get the opportunity of meeting the ones you've cut again. As well as I'm sure many of us have a set budget but will probably spend more than planned. So yes, we are very happy with all these amazing guests, we just hate chosing.

• Like 1

We're getting closer and closer to 100 guests. I hope the 100th is a big one!

I'm still hoping for someone from Once Upon A Time, Sherlock and Torchwood.

That would be good! I would love it to be someone from Sherlock although I doubt that would happen.

Still waiting for a dwarfer to be annouced

Robert Llewellyn was at an Expo in London last weekend. :< And Chris Barrie is going to be at an Expo in Scotland. gutted because I didn't want to go to the Expo in London this year because not many guests were interesting and I doubt I'll be going to the Scotland one either. Rimmer is my fave character from the show. It would be cool if they came to LFCC.

Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch would also be awesome guest. I'm a big fan of Sherlock but also I've been watching Fargo and Freeman is great in it!

EDIT: Sorry, are we not allowed to mention other shows? x_x; Understandable but just wondering if I should delete it all?

Edited by retconned

As a fan I am incredibly excited about this years LFCC, I think it's going to be amazing - You don't go into a sweet shop and buy everything in the shop so I think it's the same with guests, you pick the ones you want most, unless you have limitless funds of course.

As a trader I do though have to say I am a little concerned that this year in particular that more people than typical will have spent all their time and money on guests, especially if there is going to be lots going on in a different hall to where we have our stalls, but that is counterbalanced to a degree by the additional visitor numbers that all these guests are going to attract, so swings and roundabouts I guess - still hugely looking forward to it, always a fun weekend :)

It was interesting at Collectormania, I didn't realise until I got there I only had two guests to get that day, the rest all on Sunday, but I still didn't look at any of the many stalls. I bought from one of the artists on the Sunday, but I'd been told exactly where he was the day before.

The actual floor area just seemed too packed, I avoided it where I could.

Or maybe I've just got so used to not having money left after guests I don't think about spending it elsewhere.

My first and only LFCC was 2012. I didn't have any guests to see as it was all new. We were there only the Saturday as is the same for this year. I went to no talks, no screenings, nothing.

And I had a BLAST. I loved looking around the stalls and looking at all the toys I could get and that I shouldn've bought!! And the cosplayers too.

To me...the fact that this year I'm going to a screening and meeting Natalie Dormer is a HUGE bonus to what I know is going to be an exhausting but AMAZING Saturday. I would honestly disagree that any of the guests take away from the stalls.

• Like 1

don't forget we are going to go over the 100 guest list 6 weeks to go anything can happen I will predict that we will end up with in between 130 to 140 guests I wouldn't be at all surprised if that happens