Comic Awards at this years LFCC

Gold and Comic Gold cost the same. Comic Gold did get mainly the same perks but with the meet and greet where as Gold get free entry and priority seating to ALL paid talks where Comic Gold only get that for Stan Lee. Read the post at the start of the FAQ thread for further details.

Thanks to Anthony these were fun BUT I'm not happy I had to pay £20 for an hours entertainment none of which was promised when I signed up to book the tickets, certainly didn't live up to its description, very very disappointed indeed 😢 felt like being at a school awards night only with no awards to give to people it was embarrassing for all concerned, wish I'd gone to the theatre instead.

• Like 1

Thanks to Anthony these were fun BUT I'm not happy I had to pay £20 for an hours entertainment none of which was promised when I signed up to book the tickets, certainly didn't live up to its description, very very disappointed indeed felt like being at a school awards night only with no awards to give to people it was embarrassing for all concerned, wish I'd gone to the theatre instead.

It was certainly unusual but I guess I had a fun time. A very unique event. Maybe it'll become a bigger thing eventually. Tony Head was great.

Thanks to Anthony these were fun BUT I'm not happy I had to pay £20 for an hours entertainment none of which was promised when I signed up to book the tickets, certainly didn't live up to its description, very very disappointed indeed felt like being at a school awards night only with no awards to give to people it was embarrassing for all concerned, wish I'd gone to the theatre instead.

It was certainly unusual but I guess I had a fun time. A very unique event. Maybe it'll become a bigger thing eventually. Tony Head was great.

I attended the meet and greet with Stan Lee but left after that and before the actual awards started, now I'm intrigued to what it actually involved!??

I imagined a geeky Oscars kind of thing. Obviously not the glitz and glam but "and the winner is. .." applause, statue and speech. Some skits and improvised bits, maybe the odd video acceptance.

See my description of it was like being at a school awards presentation night but with no actual awards to hand to people!!!

Disappointed the pre-comic awards wasn't a personal, private meet and greet as billed by Showmasters but was good to hear Stan speak for a period of time.... And I won a signed print too. (if anyone has any photos, please post. I was the guy in yellow who answered the question on where Stan was born).

Awards themselves were a bit silly, but Anthony Head was superb.

• Like 1

Got this with my Silver pass, but if I had paid 20 pounds just for this, I'd be pissed. Luckilly the Silver pass was more then worth it, even without this "award ceremony". Not really SM's faulth though, the comic artists just didn't take it seriously by not showing up en masse. I avoided the comic artists stands after this as a silent protest. Rest of the con was amazing!