where are the other big guests?

reedierules89

• Moderators

(1) It's down to personal preference.

(2) There's plenty of time to go.

(3) No they haven't overstretched. There's been two events in a year many times before and they've been successful.

(4) There's no set time schedule for when guests sign up. It could be early or it could be late. So 'getting them quick in the past' isn't necessarily the case every single event.

I wouldn't worry, there's 5 events happening before CMK20 therefore im guessing they're trying to focus on getting the guests for them first, there's plenty of time yet before CMK20 and I'm sure they'll get some 'big' guests nearer the time :)

Alas "Big Names" are all down to personal perference. There are some pretty big names announced so far but that's only if you consider them so. For me personally there are some good names announced so far, but no-one that I haven't met before. I too am looking for that "Headline Guest" that will make me attend but with a few months still to go I'm not too worried.

• 3 weeks later...

So far there are 3 guests for me that id like to meet, but yeah im still holding out for more stars that attract my attention, although im considering going just to meet Billy Dee LANDO williams alone! But id also like to meet robert knepper, i loved prison break, he was great as teabag and also jeremy bulloch.

What constitutes a "big name guest" is NOT purely a matter of opinion.

A big name guest is someone who, as the name implies, are a big name in the world of films/tv/comics/sports - many of my most wanted guests would not constitute big names under this defintion nor would the majority of my favourite guests. I think a lot of people muddy the waters between their favourites and Big Names - when in doubt I suggest you ask yourself, "would the majority of my family/colleagues know who this person is?" (asking your friends tends to provide a rather biased sample)

eg 1 - I'm not really a star trek fan but am happy to concede that William Shatner was a big name guest

eg 2 - I don't think Barrie Holland (Lt Renz, Star Wars) would mind me outing him as a non-Big Name guest but hes one of my all time favourites and someone I was really pleased to meet a few years back

I'm not intending any disrespect towards the announced guests with this post but I think its fair to say, objectively, that the lineup is lacking in big names.

That said, I'm really looking forward to meeting Iain Glen, Billy Dee Williams and Robert Knepper so, from my perspective, the lineup is shaping up nicely.

Edited by rjw499
  • Like 2

As mentioned by other posters, big names are different for different tastes and fandoms.

Billy Dee Williams and Jake Lloyd are big names for Star Wars Fans as I am sure Ethan, Connor and Dominic are for Star Trek. If you liked the Young Ones, then Christopher Ryan would be a big name etc, so it's always horses for courses with events.

Still plenty of time as Jason says.