Talks at LFCC updated on 25th of june

Who will be going to the Dr Who Talk and also how do you get tickets for the free ones?

You just get tickets on the day at the main desk or a ticket stall, kinda like the virtual tickets for autographs, its normally just a slip of paper.

The stand should be near the talk area.

Will this be a first come, first serve basis?? Also, as Sarah Wayne Callies is doing her talk on the Sunday, will these be available only to obtain on the Sunday or will they start being available from the friday???

3 talk stages last time compared to 1 this time?

Last LFACC had three already. Unless I imagined Ben Browder on stage at talk area C. ;)

That's what I meant, 3 stages at last LFCC but there is only 1 this time?

Sorry, brain broke due to helping at the store. :lol:

2 this time I'd say - the third one was always a cosplay stage.

Who will be going to the Dr Who Talk and also how do you get tickets for the free ones?

You just get tickets on the day at the main desk or a ticket stall, kinda like the virtual tickets for autographs, its normally just a slip of paper.

The stand should be near the talk area.

Will this be a first come, first serve basis?? Also, as Sarah Wayne Callies is doing her talk on the Sunday, will these be available only to obtain on the Sunday or will they start being available from the friday???

The free talk tickets are usually available on the day of the talks and obtained from a table outside the talk area. So you can't get them on a Friday evening or on the Saturday for a Sunday talk. Also they will only give you one ticket, each person wanting the talk has to be there to get there own, so that they are distributed fairly.

• Moderators

I am very disheartened my the amount of paid for talks this year. While there aren't as many as last year it's just such a shame to see that paid for talks are becoming the trend.

I had hoped showmasters had learned their lesson after last year.

It comes with getting bigger and more expensive guests, or taking a number of guests away from signing. Costs need to be covered and if say Peter is losing out on an hour of signing time for a talk, then it makes sense to have a paid talk.

If it's that or having no talk at all, I know I like having the option.

Firstly, these seem more expensive than last year (I see I'm not the first to notice). Then again I only went to Thomas's and I'd have paid anything for that, so I don't remember the price.

Secondly...I would love to know if the Terminator one will feature Lena Headey? Seems unlikely if it's free but I'd love that as I prefer TSCC to GOT, though I like both. :)

Thanks.

Sunday

Sarah Wayne Callies & Norman Reedus Walking dead talk--£20 on sale at 10pm today

Norman Reedus ? Will he be at the con ? I missed the annoucemen if that's the case :o

Edited by Vonsid

Sunday

Sarah Wayne Callies & Norman Reedus Walking dead talk--£20 on sale at 10pm today

Norman Reedus ? Will he be at the con ? I missed the annoucemen if that's the case :o

Yes, Norman is attending. Announcement topic was done a couple of hours ago.

Sunday

Yes, Norman is attending. Announcement topic was done a couple of hours ago.

Oh,that's great. Didn't had a Facebook alert :)

• Showmasters Admin

There will be one main talk area (bigger than ever before). A cosplay stage and two smaller stages, so 4 in total.

As far as I know the 2 smaller stages will be primeraly comic stages, all of the TV/Film guest talks will take place of the main stage.

Just to be sure : as a gold pass owner, I don't have to buy talk tickets, right?

Except for the screening on saturday night (which is not in the gold pass).

So, how does it go? Do I go to the talk stage and show my gold pass (without ticket) or do I have to get a ticket anyway?

Thank you very much!

Hell.

Just to be sure : as a gold pass owner, I don't have to buy talk tickets, right?

So, how does it go? Do I go to the talk stage and show my gold pass (without ticket) or do I have to get a ticket anyway?

Thank you very much!

Hell.

Correct, Gold Pass holders do not require a ticket (apart from the GOT screening). Just turn up with your pass/wristband.

Thank you very much!

Hell.

Correct, Gold Pass holders do not require a ticket (apart from the GOT screening). Just turn up with your pass/wristband.

Great! Thank you! One less thing to plan ^^

Thank you very much!

Hell.

You will need a (free) ticket for the Mortal Instruments talk also.

Just a quick question, when you said timetable for talks and photo shoots up soon, how soon do you mean I need to see if on the day I have to go up early to change for early entry incase of photoshoot timings etc. thanks :)

Before the event. But sometimes the schedule can change on the day (especially for photoshoots).