K.I.T.T, and The "Hoff" Photo Question

Hi, i have a question or two regarding the Kitt and The Hoff photo shoot:

Is it the original K.I.T.T. that was used in the series or is it a mock-up of the car?

Will the photo include the whole car or just a portion of it? I ask this as in the Christopher Lloyd and Back to the Future Car photo op a couple of years ago, you only got to see you, Christopher Lloyd and the door really in the photograph, so it wasn't really the whole car.

Thanks SM:)

It will most certainly be a replica because all the KITT's were destroyed after filming. There is a rumour of an original KITT car still out there that was stolen from the set but that's all it is, a rumour.

If you are asking whether it will be the actual car there instead of a "portion" then I can't help you, sorry, but I would imagine that a full version would be there. I've paid for a shoot, myself, and I would feel cheated financially if it was just a mock up of a door or something.

There's been a replica car at events some years ago. I personally am expecting to see that one cause to the best of my knowledge Speedy is correct, all original cars were destroyed.

I think phil is asking how much of the car you'll see in the shot? I'm afraid I can't answer that either.

Hi guys, thanks for the helpful response. Queen Sindel was right, i was enquiring as to how much of the car would be in shot, i uess we wont know until the day.

I will try to find out if there's any info. But it's likely to be an "on the day" thing, yes.

I'll be getting a shoot too so would interested in the outcome of your enquiries QS - I'll probably end up asking on the day if they do go close up for a wide shot other wise it's not really a 'Hoff and K.I.T.T' shot... its a 'Hoff and maybe, possibly...probably K.I.T.T. shot...

I'd prefer a shot that shows a bit more of the car. Having had shoots with the A-Team van and DeLorean, the close-up shots make the car being there a bit pointless. The DeLorean one is not too bad as it's got very distinctive doors, but with the A-Team van you saw very little. It could really have been anything in the background. I got a nice photo with David at his recent appearance at the other signing show, so perhaps won't need another.

I think it woud be nice if you and the Hoff could be sitting or leaning on the bonnet of the car maybe

Yeah - photographer at an angle to the driver side bumper (with the whole car in the frame) with me in front leaning on the driver's door and 'The Hoff' behind but slightly to my left with his hand on my shoulder...

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbup:

• Like 1

I think it woud be nice if you and the Hoff could be sitting or leaning on the bonnet of the car maybe

Yeah - photographer at an angle to the driver side bumper (with the whole car in the frame) with me in front leaning on the driver's door and 'The Hoff' behind but slightly to my left with his hand on my shoulder...

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbup:

Let's hope the photographer has the same sort of vision as we do :clap:

Or maybe in front of the car with the doors open and you and the hoff leaning/posing over a door each....get the nice flashing red light going on the front too..

Or maybe in front of the car with the doors open and you and the hoff leaning/posing over a door each....get the nice flashing red light going on the front too..

Thats how i would like it

• Like 1

It will most certainly be a replica because all the KITT's were destroyed after filming. There is a rumour of an original KITT car still out there that was stolen from the set but that's all it is, a rumour.

If you are asking whether it will be the actual car there instead of a "portion" then I can't help you, sorry, but I would imagine that a full version would be there. I've paid for a shoot, myself, and I would feel cheated financially if it was just a mock up of a door or something.

There are two KITTs from the series in the UK, one was bought from Warner Bros by Budweiser and is now owned by a guy who shows it at car shows and the other is in a motor museum in London, all official paper work from Warner Bros verifed by Warner Brothers when my dads work looked into buying it. The privately owned one has a cd recorded by the voice of KITT that was requested by Budweiser :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...