what happened to the private signing idea?

Avengers7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

no one cared about them and we had to old thing were we had a bunch of loud people going on about hoe whey would not want it and then they went off and forgot about it , al i was trying to do was cater for fans that wanted guests autographs that i know are to ill or old now to attend and as i was doing a signing for times i wanted signed i though it might be nice to off this out to others ? so now you know :-)

if you want to have a go at seeing if there is the interest in this feel free to start up a thread and see if you can get some interest in it .

its funny often we try to get things like this going and there is so much negativity , in the end we often just go for it and they work and are successful , but most before hand are negative , so on this one we felt it just was not worth fighting to try to make it work , but hay happy to look into it if there is the interest in them.

so have a go and if there is the interest i will look father into it.

take care

jason

no one cared about them

In all honesty it was a rather flawed poll.

71 people said they would pay £65 for Sean Connery, and that was the highest price fee mooted. How many of them would have just wanted one though?

Plenty of people said they would be interested in other guests, like Christopher Lee.

Sorry to hear they won't be going ahead, I've participated in quite a few of these types of signings in the past to obtain signatures from people I probably won't have had the chance to meet and have always been pleased with the results. I was thinking with the contacts SM have built up over the years this could be a really good way for us to get hold of those elusive signatures from those people who either don't have the interest in attending a show or whose health might prevent them from attending.

I know its always easy to spend someone elses money but it would be great if a trial run private signing could be attempted just to see if the demand is there.

Yes I think a trial one would be a good idea, maybe re start a thread with a poll on who people would like to meet and how much they're willing to pay!

As like everything money is short but if you got the guests which probably wouldn't be an attendee at LFCC/CMMK i think people would go out of their way to see them!

I've spent some time looking for websites or information on book signings/private autograph signings but can't find any for the life of me, so if Showmasters could produce something, it would be amazing!

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking about this kinda thing, but only because I have loads of stuff to get signed by one guest... for example I had over 40 items for Robert Englund to sign for me and I was back and forth on at least 3 different occasions all weekend so that was no fewer than 9times and waiting ages in the cue time after time.

Would it be possible for a private signing with one of the guests this year? Obviously the guest has to chill and rest and due to the amount of signings he will be doing over the weekend.

I have still to look out my items but I'd say so far I have at least 25 items to have signed and due to the size of some of the items, I can only carry a few at a time.

just a thought and it would also mean the guest being comfortable in his room aswell.

regards

jason

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't really interest me, but what I would be interested in would be an event that is quite intimate like an evening with Christopher Lee or something like that. Limited tickets, photos, autos, and a Q&A. I've been to them with other guests and they are hugely enjoyable. I wouldn't mind paying above the average price for an event like that.

Private signings go on all the time, so there must be some mileage in it.

One of the benefits of having a trusted organisation like Showmasters arranging the private signing is that you can have the confidence that your item is actually getting signed by the individual.

There are numerous reasons why individuals won't attend a signing event (age, health, fear of the public !) but would be willing to participate in a private signing as an additional source of income and / or perhaps also to raise money for a preferred charity.

I think like lots of things it's hard to say how succesful it would be up front, but if the guest was chosen carefully and was one that has a high profile and wide appeal but has never appeared at a signing event or not for a long time, there could be sufficient demand.

I do think the price has to be realistic though, because there are lots of other trusted dealers out there that attend Showmasters events where you could buy a signed photo from, so it needs to be in line roughly with that, although I accept people might be willing to pay a little more if it is to add a signature to a specific item, like a multi signed item for instance.

I would love this opportunity

People like Christopher Lee and Ian McKellan are unlikely people and it would be great for SM to do private signings because I know people Like C lee who are getting old now many want autographs from so it would be very popular imo