LFCC 2013 Dates

I hope this isn't the British Grand Prix weekend, it seems that Showmasters don't care about the difficulty encountered by attendees who live north of Silverstone. We were fortunate today, by leaving home at 5.00am we got to the venue by 7.30 but we had to leave just after 12.00 in order to avoid the traffic leaving the race track.

Its even better that it going to Earls Court Two as they have excellent conference facilities that would be great for talks
Olympia has decent conference facilities too...

The talk areas last year at EC2 were pretty much the same as this year although the guests were closer to the audience and the sound was much better. Not great but better.

However I thought there were plans to demolish the EC buildings after the Olympics? Or maybe that only applies to EC1. I'm not up on the current state of all that but pretty sure it was being planned as I'd heard it was one of the sites Chelsea FC were considering for a new stadium.

Its even better that it going to Earls Court Two as they have excellent conference facilities that would be great for talks
Olympia has decent conference facilities too...

The talk areas last year at EC2 were pretty much the same as this year although the guests were closer to the audience and the sound was much better. Not great but better.

However I thought there were plans to demolish the EC buildings after the Olympics? Or maybe that only applies to EC1. I'm not up on the current state of all that but pretty sure it was being planned as I'd heard it was one of the sites Chelsea FC were considering for a new stadium.

It's the whole area that's planned for demolition:

http://www.freshlysocial.com/news/fulham-property-earls-court/

Consultation takes ages and probably expect a lot of resistance because of its iconic history (concerts etc.) But money talks. The fact that Showmasters were able to book it for 2013 means that they're confident it would still be standing that year.

Someone told me that LFCC will be held in Excel in 2014, was that Chinese whispers of is it true?

Someone told me that LFCC will be held in Excel in 2014, was that Chinese whispers of is it true?

Nothing like that would be confirmed this far in advance.

Excel is a great venue but I don't think it is big enough unless they take use every area available as usually there is more than one event happening at a time there.

So glad to hear its back at Earls Court 2 next year as i would definitely have second thoughts about going if it was at Olympia again!

Now just need some great guest again!

Don't mind either really. Both have plus and minus points. EC2 last year was great, more space outside for queuing, bit easier to get to (for me anyway) and there seemed to be some unused space at the back which they could maybe expand into if necessary. Major downside is the horrible colour-cast from the lighting in there which I never seemed to be able to completely get rid of. So we will see.

Nothing like that would be confirmed this far in advance.

Excel is a great venue but I don't think it is big enough unless they take use every area available as usually there is more than one event happening at a time there.

The Excel is huge!

• Like 1

Bit of a shame, my first event in the Olympia this year and it was MUCH better than EC2 for me (despite the travel, but that isnt exactly the venue)

Loved the larger space between dealers, the larger area around the guests (was always busy but was easier to navigate through the crowds for me) and the more natural lighting was awesome. Also I went up on the balcony on sunday and it was a great place to have a break. Cooler, less noisey and hardly anyone was up there. Cant wait for EMS to be there.