TALKS , STAGE ACTIVITIES & SCREENINGS AT THIS YEARS LFCC

Based on where Holly Marie Combs' talk is on the list, can I presume this is mid-morning/lunchtime??? I have standard entry so if this is the case, until photo schedules are announced I should be ok!

The stage talks started around 10 AM last time. But normally the paid for talks are a little later than that. I don't think the order on the list is related to the times when the talk will be held.

What are those "secret panels"? Are those placeholders for upcoming guest announcements? Or is it more something like Surprise, surprise?

I was also wondering about the secret panel sounds exciting

Really surprised at the cost of the talks....and that now we have to pay for so many....just makes the whole weekend horribly expensive.

A few years ago it was only the super exclusive guests had paid talks.Now it seems anything that is gonna be popular we are being charged for.

If thats going to b the case an entrance fee should be suspended.

Wincing for the backlash

Everyone is aware that a schedule would be helpful. But as jael has said, there are still huge guests to be added apparently, and that delays the schedule. Doesn't really help if we have one and it's reworked 20 times to fit everyone in.

Huge guests yet to be announced ey? Let's hope :D

I've seen people ask multiple questions at Q&As, usually they ask one, get their answer and then move to the back of the queue to allow the next person to ask etc, so that they're not hogging the microphone, but there's no harm in asking more than one question, especially if they're interesting (rather than the "boxers or briefs" type questions that everone groans at).

• Like 1

But if you're in a talk how many questions can you ask? 1? Well if the answer is one then there's a good chance, if it's something that's really on your mind or bugging you, that you'll have a chance to ask it at the table.

I ask one (if and when I feel the need to ask) then of course another question may come to me at one point or another and dependent on Guest (obviously!) will depend on other questions by others being asked.

With some people you'll get a very good response and the Guest will address you and answer in a very nice way.

Am being honest when I think the biggest/longest question I've ever asked someone was Gary Kurtz at Empire Day it went something along the lines of:

"In the early eighties in the documentary From Star Wars to Jedi, George Lucas said that many Filmmakers rely on special effects, rather than the story/plot - do you feel that decades on from then he is now kicking himself for saying that?

And also, what are your views of cgi in films? Not just the Star Wars prequels but films as a whole?"

That MUST have been the longest question I asked, and Gary was very courteous with answering, and answering in great detail.

Two years ago, during Michael Biehns LEGENDARY talk, you couldn't stop the man from talking, I actually think it went over the alloted time for his chat and a lot of home truths came out what he felt about crew members, and his language was um, colourfully entertaining... There was only one question where the answer was rather succint - I originally was going to ask what it was like for him to work with Arnold Schwarzenneger, until he made his feelings known after I had jotted the question and I thought "I'm not going to embarrass myself by asking that." So I went for my contingency question which was:

"What was your favourite part working on Terminator?"

And unlike everone elses answers being long and what have you his response was the very modest:

"Meeting Linda Hamilton."

Then you have John Hurt last year, and I asked:

"Out of you well established and varied career, what has been YOUR favourite role?"

His answer was exceedingly modest as he turned the question around and asked us what OUR favourite role of his was.

There have been times, when one questions asked and answered, then another, and another and then....

The Guest is asking if theres any more questions, thats when I feel the need (rather than monopolising their and other attendees time to put my hand up and ask another question - its better to do that than to have an uncomfortable silence.

But then, I'm inquisitive and always interested in peoples careers in the first place, if I wasn't I wouldn't attend the talks I attend.

EDIT: I've just seen the post by Queen Sindel and can only agree with what you have said. When meeting her for her Autograph it was a very quick "Hi, how are you?" a handshake "Nice to meet you." Bye.

Edited by KingRichard76

Based on where Holly Marie Combs' talk is on the list, can I presume this is mid-morning/lunchtime??? I have standard entry so if this is the case, until photo schedules are announced I should be ok!

The stage talks started around 10 AM last time. But normally the paid for talks are a little later than that. I don't think the order on the list is related to the times when the talk will be held.

I realised that when I read the post again! LOL! But hoping so, also praying once schedule is out I have no clashes! But guessing being two of my photos are with the Charmed stars, I only have to panic about one photoshoot!

I think it is actually more that us British get starstruck far more easily as meeting celebs is not as common or as easy over here. I met Carrie Underwood on Weds and I did talk to her, but it was my not going to shut up because I am so starstruck talking! I think people also tend to forget celebs are human too, they are as normal as me and you!

It doesn't list a talk for Hayden on the Sunday, yet I have bought a ticket?

The list says "some of the activities." This is just a preliminary list with some of the things happening because attendees were asking about the free activities. The Hayden talk will be on the complete schedule, don't worry.