Confussed traveler

I know its 6 weeks to LFCC But i am trying to sort out travel arrangments to the show.

I will be traveling by bus to victoria train station. I planned to go downstairs to get the tube, I am not sure which tube line to get to the show at kensington/olympia. Please help, not quite sure what the stations are called and I really don't know london

The only underground we have our way are for rabbits and badgers

You definitely want to take the District Line (green) west to Earl's Court. I'm not sure if the spur to Olympia will be open or not but, unless the destination of the train is marked as Olympia, I'd recommend getting off at Earl's Court and either getting a different train to Olympia, getting a taxi or walking, depending on timing, funds and whether the spur is available that weekend.

its really not that difficult because if i can do it anyone can. if you go on the tube website you can print out a map and plan your trip in advance. there is even a bit where you can put in your starting point and your destination and it tells you exactly where to go.

i live in Inverness and we have been going to events in London for about 7 year and i still go on and plan our journeys but as my daughter will be the first to tell you i still manage to go twice round the station at St Panreas before finding the right tube and go up and down the same set of stairs before finding the right tube line. :smile:

"The District line Olympia service will continue to operate at weekends and special services will operate to serve major weekday events at the Olympia exhibition centre."

That's from the TfL website, Olympia station WILL be open to District Line trains :)

There will be a train every 20 minutes to Olympia from Earls Court, so as above take the District Line to Earls Court, and wait there for an Olympia train :) the Circle Line will run from the same platform at Victoria, so if the train says Circle or Edgware Road, don't get on it.

If you're not familiar with London, then I'd avoid Victoria, right now, as there is redevelopment work going on at the Tube station. I got a bit lost when I was there, this weekend, and I go to London about every other month :unsure::eek::WINCE:

You don't need to go all the way to Victoria, anyway. As I said in your other thread, get off the coach at Notting Hill Gate (the driver will announce the stop before you get there and help you with any luggage in the boot), and get on the Tube, as described above. The escalators at Notting Hill Gate are very long and very steep, as the station is very deep underground.

It is a little scary, going to London when you don't really know what you're doing, but you're doing the right thing by planning ahead :D

Edited by laurab1

By bus, do you mean coach? Because they drop you off at Victoria Coach Station, which is a couple of minutes walk down the road from Victoria Train Station. From what I remember it's fairly well signposted though, and it's just one straight road you have to walk down.

You can take the Central Line to Shepherds Bush and either go 100 meters to the overground station to take the 1 stop to Olympia (It stops right outside the venue). Other options include taking the Piccidilliy line to Hammersmith Broadway/West Kensington then changing for a 28/391 bus (Or walking 10-15 minites to the stop).

Or you could all stay around my home and I could show you to the venue seeings how I intend on walking there and having breakfast on the way. Assuming Subways/Mcdonalds opens early.

I really wouldnt be messing about with changing onto buses and other lines.

You're at Victoria, use the District to Earls Court and then do what others said, either walk/taxi from there to Olympia or wait for the tube to there. Easiest, simplest and usually quickest way. No need to emss about with any other lines or changes.

As stated I'd be very careful about using Victoria station at the moment. A lot of the roads around the station are closed and the station itself is in chaos due to the fact that they are expanding the underground station. A lot of the usual routes/escalators are off and you have to use alternate routes within the station....

Would anyone recommend getting a visitor's Oyster card for travelling to and from various tube stations over the weekend? I've never bothered with one, but my friend thinks it's a good idea to get one.

And anyone who's stayed at Hotel Oylmpia (in Earl's Court Square), can you tell me if the hotel is walking distance to Olympia, or would we be better off just quickly hopping onto the tube or a bus?

Would anyone recommend getting a visitor's Oyster card for travelling to and from various tube stations over the weekend? I've never bothered with one, but my friend thinks it's a good idea to get one.

And anyone who's stayed at Hotel Oylmpia (in Earl's Court Square), can you tell me if the hotel is walking distance to Olympia, or would we be better off just quickly hopping onto the tube or a bus?

Ordinary Oyster cards save a lot of hassle, and you can travel cheaper on the Tube too :D The visitor's one comes pre-loaded with credit, TFL says, so it's one less thing to worry about. :D

• Like 1

I've just gone to try and book my train tickets and I've found out that the Overground between Clapham Junction and Kensington Olympia is closed on 7th and 8th July!!!!! :no::crying:

Not sure what I should do now because I'm supposed to be travelling into Clapham Junction. Any ideas? I'm not a frequent visitor to London

My alternative is Waterloo. How easy is it to get from Waterloo to Kensington Olympia?