latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

Timelord81r, the point is not about what should or shouldnt be allowed, the point is whether you want to risk making said actress feel awkward, which to me should always be no. People have feelings. You couldnt go up with a photo of her in lingerie and say if it upset her 'you shouldnt feel bad about it' The fact is that she may have a view on the picture that is different from your own.

I know for a fact there is a picture of Eve Myles that she point blank refuses to sign because she thinks she looks hideous in it, and it's a picture I had planned to get signed by her(because i thought it was a nice picture, and not a risque picture in any way, actually a picture of her and John B together) but I learned from John himself that she hates the picture and refuses to sign it. So i'm glad I never asked her to sign the pic before finding that out.

The point is that people are very conscious of how they look in photos, and it stands to reason that women who have done any kind of model work or adult material would be even more conscious of how they appear in it, and the right thing to do is to respect their feelings

im not too sure if you are disagreeing with me or not, I think unless its stated prior that someone wont sign such and such then unless nude there shouldt be an issue, but yer its totally up to us then if we want to risk it. but we are not mind readers, for example I dont know if eve wont sign said photo and if its just a normal photo why would anyone think otherwise, fair enough if she doesnt want to but we cant guess that. and like Ive said id respect it if they said no to FHM for example.

Well it is not about allowed or not allowed. Even if she signs FHM pictures, I would risk screwing up her mood. because she might see that picture differently than you or the person who wants to have it signed. If somebody wants to have signed an FHM picture go for it, but I think to most of us it's important to avoid scenarios where she might feel awkward. Since we are not mindreaders, that's why we avoid it. :YAHOO:

Yes she can. It's down to any guest to decide, and we have to be respectful of that.

If anyone has a serious problem with it then they're not a true fan. There's a million other things they could get.

i agree mostly, although id have issue if she refused to sign xfiles, although Id respect it, I wouldnt understand it and be upset as a fan.

but although I feel if you do a glamour shoot then it should be fine, I can understand why a guest might not want to sign it and totally if it was nude and they were not a nude model.

surely if you are a fan of gillian anderson and are willing to pay the higher fees its not just cos of 2 FHM mags lol, she is an actor!

personally I doubt she will have issues signing clothed glamour photos, but thats just my opinion

When I found out on Monday that Gillian Anderson was going to be doing LFCC I was very calm, cool and collect- well you're following me on Twitter you saw how I was my normal easy going self, - but knew what this would mean for X-Files.

And when I first saw concerns about her not signing X-Files it reminded me of the fact that one Actor (I'm not mentioning names) from Star Wars wont sign something that already has the Autograph of another Actor (Again I'm not mentioning names but most people who know their stuff will know who I mean) from Star Wars on it.

But by God I'm glad she is signing X-Files (and without generalising here) I feel the vast majority of people will be only getting her on X-Files as opposed to anything else (I could be wrong).

Secondly I dont want people thinking I'm some kind of prude here (which I'm not) but I wouldnt dream of getting Gillian on a lads mag, back in 2001 I bought a rather tasteful calendar of a certain very classy Supermodel (Wont mention names but shes a dj for Capital FM, dated a former Batman star and her surname is the name of a mountain in Wales) last year I chose to ask her via Twitter if she would be ok with signing a 2002 official calendar - I felt rather awkward even asking her over Twitter - her response was very positive and she was more than happy to Sign it when I met her, but Lisa Snowdon is a lovely person anyways and modelling is what shes known for.

Gillian Anderson on the other hand is an Actor and a damned good one at that. Need I say more?

I was in the queue in MK for Grace Park for quite a while. She happily signed her "lads mags" pictures. However, what I did notice (and I wasn't the only one) was that people getting BSG pics signed got a nice conversation from her, while people getting the others got more of a "hi, bye" type meeting.

is the wont sign xfiles stuff a myth or real (before LFCC) or is it real but when its free as in theatre doors ect, just seems weird, she seems nice person, I mean its not like she hates xfiles and never wants to do it again now or after the show ended. she came back for the 2nd movie and has stated she would be up for a 3rd.

Or Lady Dedlock, she was awesome in Bleak House too. Or even House of Mirth. :)

If somebody wants to have signed something in connection with her work she was in great movies and series, besides X-files of course. :) So plenty to choose from. :)

I completely agree, last year I went to the Johnny English premiere and held out my Bleak House paperback and was thrilled when she Signed it. If I wasnt so deadset about making sure my X-Files DVDs werent signed then I would take up Great Expectations for her.

Away from Scully (for a moment) Gillian is a fine and talented Actress and Great Expectations over the Christmas period was must see television and just showcased her amazing versatility. Was also nice to see the short bits of vt a few weeks back when the BBC were covering Dickens Birthday and what she said about it.

Yes in Great Expectations she did an amazing job. Her performance was flawless. The voice, the movements, the faces.

I loved her in House of Mirth too. She just does great with costume films and series as well as with X-files.:)

It was a mesmerising role and was incredibly stunning and just shows how amazing an Actress she is :)

is the wont sign xfiles stuff a myth or real (before LFCC) or is it real but when its free as in theatre doors ect, just seems weird, she seems nice person, I mean its not like she hates xfiles and never wants to do it again now or after the show ended. she came back for the 2nd movie and has stated she would be up for a 3rd.

Have you not seen how enthusiastic I've been on Twitter about this? It is completely real that she wont sign X-Files thats why I didnt even consider taking anything X-Files up to the Johnny English premiere or the Baftas because I knew how she is with X-Files - this is why I'm going to be spending a small fortune at LFCC to take advantage of the fact that she will be Signing X-Files. And its because of this which is the real draw for so many Fans and Collectors who know full well what shes like with X-Files.

Gillian Anderson will be Signing X-Files at LFCC.

This is one of the biggest reasons why loads of XPhiles still are in a state of suspended animation over this, and why this has got hardened Fans wondering what the hell to sign and if they are going to have to fork out a third mortgage.

To add and to reiterate "It is completely real that she wont sign X-Files."

I know people that have definitely had their XFiles photos rejected by her, albeit very politely.

whilst paying for an auto or a freebie stage door/premiere thing? I can understand the latter, patrick stewert is the same with trek at stage doors ect no?

She wont sign X-Files full stop.

On a slightly different note I know that both Kristy Swanson and Charisma Carpenter have previously refused to sign their Playboy mags, I've seen them reject them, again politely.

As a girl it's sometimes even more awkward because sometimes the picture I really want to get signed I decide against as it may look a bit weird depending on the guest. I truly believe that you get a better time and experience if you get non glamour stuff signed. I may not even get Gilian's auto on a photo of her at the moment.

Have you not seen how enthusiastic I've been on Twitter about this? It is completely real that she wont sign X-Files thats why I didnt even consider taking anything X-Files up to the Johnny English premiere or the Baftas because I knew how she is with X-Files - this is why I'm going to be spending a small fortune at LFCC to take advantage of the fact that she will be Signing X-Files. And its because of this which is the real draw for so many Fans and Collectors who know full well what shes like with X-Files.

This is one of the biggest reasons why loads of XPhiles still are in a state of suspended animation over this, and why this has got hardened Fans wondering what the hell to sign and if they are going to have to fork out a third mortgage.

I know people that have definitely had their XFiles photos rejected by her, albeit very politely.

whilst paying for an auto or a freebie stage door/premiere thing? I can understand the latter, patrick stewert is the same with trek at stage doors ect no?

and now she will be signing thousands lol, strange. but great

Well I can't read her mind, but I think it's completely different. Because she signs X-files stuf because it is a convention about her work mainly X-files. Would be weird and awkward if she said no even now.

But far from the convention life she is mostly in theatre plays and more serious movies/series now, so I guess she'd like if the her fans knew about that work, not always X-files. Imagine her coming out of the theatre let's say after a Shakespeare play (just an example) and you give her an X-files picture to sign. It's like you don't even care about her current work, the theatre just X-files. :) I think it's somewhat understandable, it was a period of her life and now she is doing other things. :)

On a slightly different note I know that both Kristy Swanson and Charisma Carpenter have previously refused to sign their Playboy mags, I've seen them reject them, again politely.

As a girl it's sometimes even more awkward because sometimes the picture I really want to get signed I decide against as it may look a bit weird depending on the guest. I truly believe that you get a better time and experience if you get non glamour stuff signed. I may not even get Gilian's auto on a photo of her at the moment.

I've never chosen a glamour photo to get signed. Although if they're supplied at the pay desk I suppose it's all ok but I agree it could be uncomfortable in some cases.

I like to get something connected to the show or film the person has been in as it's usually because of a particular film/show that I'm meeting the person.

I've never chosen a glamour photo to get signed. Although if they're supplied at the pay desk I suppose it's all ok but I agree it could be uncomfortable in some cases.

I like to get something connected to the show or film the person has been in as it's usually because of a particular film/show that I'm meeting the person.

I agree. It's only when I have met a person multiple times i.e. Nicole de Boer that I will then get something non work related, lol.

Well I can't read her mind, but I think it's completely different. Because she signs X-files stuf because it is a convention about her work mainly X-files. Would be weird and awkward if she said no even now.

But far from the convention life she is mostly in theatre plays and more serious movies/series now, so I guess she'd like if the her fans knew about that work, not always X-files. Imagine her coming out of the theatre let's say after a Shakespeare play (just an example) and you give her an X-files picture to sign. It's like you don't even care about her current work, the theatre just X-files. :) I think it's somewhat understandable, it was a period of her life and now she is doing other things. :)

This is very good reasoning and I think you have a very good point. I think she's been great in other things but it's the X-Files I'm really into so that's what I'll be looking to get signed. Doesn't mean I won't comment on her other work too as I appreciate it but in terms of what I want to keep as a memory, it'll be X-Files related.

This is very good reasoning and I think you have a very good point. I think she's been great in other things but it's the X-Files I'm really into so that's what I'll be looking to get signed. Doesn't mean I won't comment on her other work too as I appreciate it but in terms of what I want to keep as a memory, it'll be X-Files related.

Thank you. :)

Yes if I'll be able to attend the con, which I'm not sure at this point I'll probably get an X-files picture, or even a poster signed, for the obvious reason.

But let's say if I could meet her after a play I'd definitely choose a picture related to it, or fresh picture of her, showing I'm interested in her other work too.:)

And I know many people are interested in her for only X-files and I totally understand that, I just try to view it from her point of view too. It's like I worked at a big company, then I transfer to an other one, but the people just keep asking about my old job even after years. :) I think it's simple as that. :)

Thank you. :)

Yes if I'll be able to attend the con, which I'm not sure at this point I'll probably get an X-files picture, or even a poster signed, for the obvious reason.

But let's say if I could meet her after a play I'd definitely choose a picture related to it, or fresh picture of her, showing I'm interested in her other work too.:)

And I know many people are interested in her for only X-files and I totally understand that, I just try to view it from her point of view too. It's like I worked at a big company, then I transfer to an other one, but the people just keep asking about my old job even after years. :) I think it's simple as that. :)

I'm interested in her for X Files, Bleak House and Great Expectations but given the fact of her not usually signing X Files I will be getting something X File related signed.

yer I know, kinda what I was saying but ppl said no it was no on xfiles regardless before. ive never met her before.

This is how it is with Alan Rickman:

Alan Rickman (as we all know is a fine well established Actor) with a wide and varied career, whos trod the boards in plays for the Bard, theres many, many different roles hes been in and this is something we all know of.

But, he's also known to many for Harry Potter and thus is what many people would want to get him to sign and its rather a shame.

Heres another example, a few years back I met Alexi Sayle at the local library and he was reading a few passages from his latest book, afterwards there was a q an a session and one question arose from one of the members of staff:

"Did you get to meet Harrison Ford?"

"What was it like working for Steven Spielberg?"

(Shame that I didnt think to ask him this)

I asked "What was it like working on the set of the Young Ones" to which I think he finally had enough of not being asked questions about his literary works and made this clear.

I saw her in a play a few years ago called What the Night is For. Do you think she would sign the programme for me?

Don't see why not. In fact she'd probably be pleased to see something a bit different as you can guarantee 99.9% of everything put in front of her on that day will probably be X-Files related.