latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

for Gillian Anderson whos never done a convention before

She HAS done conventions before, this is NOT a first time signing.

She's done at least two. Won't say which ones though, as we're not allowed! Easy info to find on her website though if anyone is interested.

Maybe KingRichard76 miss read the first post. Yes she's done some signing in the US. But as per the first post:

This will be her first and only planed European signing....

Unless he was referring to the original post in the other now closed thread: '1ST TIMER ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD'

:(

Not complaining about the cost, I assumed she'd be a lot (although I was estimating the same as her photo). Only question for me is how many autographs I want to get... 2 or 3? Certianly would not consider not getting one!

Would aso like to know whether there will be personalisations? Would like to think for that price there would be, but equally I imagine that as she is only there for the day that she might not have time to sign and personalise.

We won't know for definite until the day but I'm almost certain that there won't be personalisations. She's likely to be very busy and so the chances are that there won't be the time for them.

Just a thought, people is wondering if Gillian Anderson will sign stuff like FHM etc. The decision about this stuff might not be made until the actual event. It will be the crew members who is working her section, confirming if that item is suitable for her signature or not. If it not, they will stop the item getting to her before she has a chance to see it and autograph it.

cap

Just a thought, people is wondering if Gillian Anderson will sign stuff like FHM etc. The decision about this stuff might not be made until the actual event. It will be the crew members who is working her section, confirming if that item is suitable for her signature or not. If it not, they will stop the item getting to her before she has a chance to see it and autograph it.

cap

Even if the crew will allow it, I'm not sure I would want to risk the mood of my encounter with making Gillian uncomfortable. Even if she signs it, it can be weird for her..

But that's just my opinion.

If I get to go at all, I'll probably go with a favourite picture of her. :) Nothing like FHM. :)

for Gillian Anderson whos never done a convention before

She HAS done conventions before, this is NOT a first time signing.

She's done at least two. Won't say which ones though, as we're not allowed! Easy info to find on her website though if anyone is interested.

To be fair, I wasn't counting those in the States. I did mean here in good ol' Blighty.

cap

Even if the crew will allow it, I'm not sure I would want to risk the mood of my encounter with making Gillian uncomfortable. Even if she signs it, it can be weird for her..

If I get to go at all, I'll probably go with a favourite picture of her. :) Nothing like FHM. :)

I agree. Personally, i'd never get anything like that signed. Yeah the image may be nice to look at, but in my opinion, actresses wouldn't feel overly comfortable signing something like that. To me it would simply show that instead of admiring her for a role, you're admiring her pretty much just for looking hot in a photo. Again, just my opinion, maybe an actress could take that as a compliment, but i'd tend to think they'd take it more as a little awkward, and i'd never want to risk that

Not complaining about the cost, I assumed she'd be a lot (although I was estimating the same as her photo). Only question for me is how many autographs I want to get... 2 or 3? Certianly would not consider not getting one!

Would aso like to know whether there will be personalisations? Would like to think for that price there would be, but equally I imagine that as she is only there for the day that she might not have time to sign and personalise.

I can see that there will be those who may :)

Personally? I'm going to take full advantage of the limit (i.e. 5) because she'll look very good on my X-Files DVD boxset and on a rather special X-Files Season VHS, also I have a Friend in the U.S. whom I know is a very big Fan so want to do this for her.

As for personalisations, if I remember correctly when Karen Gillan was VQ it was a quick "Hi." sign and "Bye" no personalisations and no quotes...

Also Karen and the year before William Shatner were closed off and it was very rushed just a "Hi." sign and "Bye." even Christopher Lloyd who wasnt closed off was no personalisations or quotes so I wouldnt count on personalisations. :)

Just out of curiosity are the pictures in FHM naked ones?

She is not naked, but not wearing to much clothes.. You can easily find those pictures vie google. :)

cap

I agree. Personally, i'd never get anything like that signed. Yeah the image may be nice to look at, but in my opinion, actresses wouldn't feel overly comfortable signing something like that. To me it would simply show that instead of admiring her for a role, you're admiring her pretty much just for looking hot in a photo. Again, just my opinion, maybe an actress could take that as a compliment, but i'd tend to think they'd take it more as a little awkward, and i'd never want to risk that

Then we are really on the same page. I don't have that much experience with actors/actresses, but I believe there are many pictures of Gillian too, which are really pretty and look gorgeous in a frame on the wall and not nakedish, so why risk making your beloved person uncomfortable? :)

As you said a picture like that, might send the really wrong message to her, even if it wasn't the intention.

And I think everybody agrees, that we the fans want to make the best impression on the actors/actresses and that may encourage them to come to more events. :)

cap

Agree with the agree. :)

As I mentioned on page 8 in this thread, last year I met Anne Hathaway and Kate Winslet and both of them (even though they've taken on roles/posed for pictures showing their gifts from Mother Nature) took exception to touching these pictures grasped by dealers and the year before that I had a Friend who had a picture of Drew Barrymore that she refused to sign due to the nature of it.

Gillian Anderson is a very well respected Actress- wait I'm not even going to get on my soapbox for this one, basically I wouldnt dream of asking Gillian to sign a "lads mag" but thats me.

To that end Kristanna Loken *Blushes* had a number of pictures that she had on her table that- ok bad example.

I dont want to disuade anyone from getting whatever they want signed but at £45 an Autograph wouldnt it be much nicer on one of the more distinguished roles shes done Scully? Lady Havisham?

To be laconic about this. No.

cap

As I mentioned on page 8 in this thread, last year I met Anne Hathaway and Kate Winslet and both of them (even though they've taken on roles/posed for pictures showing their gifts from Mother Nature) took exception to touching these pictures grasped by dealers and the year before that I had a Friend who had a picture of Drew Barrymore that she refused to sign due to the nature of it.

Gillian Anderson is a very well respected Actress- wait I'm not even going to get on my soapbox for this one, basically I wouldnt dream of asking Gillian to sign a "lads mag" but thats me.

To that end Kristanna Loken *Blushes* had a number of pictures that she had on her table that- ok bad example.

I dont want to disuade anyone from getting whatever they want signed but at £45 an Autograph wouldnt it be much nicer on one of the more distinguished roles shes done Scully? Lady Havisham?

Or Lady Dedlock, she was awesome in Bleak House too. Or even House of Mirth. :)

If somebody wants to have signed something in connection with her work she was in great movies and series, besides X-files of course. :) So plenty to choose from. :)

She is not naked, but not wearing to much clothes.. You can easily find those pictures vie google. :)

cap

Then we are really on the same page. I don't have that much experience with actors/actresses, but I believe there are many pictures of Gillian too, which are really pretty and look gorgeous in a frame on the wall and not nakedish, so why risk making your beloved person uncomfortable? :)

As you said a picture like that, might send the really wrong message to her, even if it wasn't the intention.

And I think everybody agrees, that we the fans want to make the best impression on the actors/actresses and that may encourage them to come to more events. :)

I completely agree :)

cap

If somebody wants to have signed something in connection with her work she was in great movies and series, besides X-files of course. :) So plenty to choose from. :)

I completely agree, last year I went to the Johnny English premiere and held out my Bleak House paperback and was thrilled when she Signed it. If I wasnt so deadset about making sure my X-Files DVDs werent signed then I would take up Great Expectations for her.

Away from Scully (for a moment) Gillian is a fine and talented Actress and Great Expectations over the Christmas period was must see television and just showcased her amazing versatility. Was also nice to see the short bits of vt a few weeks back when the BBC were covering Dickens Birthday and what she said about it.

personally, if an actor has done a glossy shoot for a lads mag or a glamour shoot, male or female then I dont see why such things would be baned from being signed, however totally nude stuff I can understand (unless they are primarily a nude model lol) as its one thing doing such a shoot for cash but another signinig nude pics for thousands of salevating fans lol, I guess there is always that line, I wouldnt ask gillian to sign nude myself, no, but glamour photo, why not?

with gillian, I have the black and white cover FHM somewhere buried still, from memory I dont see why any of that would be an issue to get singed. but i dont remember the 1st issue she did which ppl are saying was more naughty. that might be a no no, but I guess its easilly rectified, showmasters can ask if FHM is ok with her, she only did 2 covers no? so much like is xfiles ok, maybe we can get an answer.

me personally Im getting an xfiles fight the future poster signed, if it was £15 i might consider that old school black and white cover fhm or a 10x8 also but at £45, i cant afford it, normally I wouldnt do even 1 auto and just go for the photo shoot, but this is gillian anderson and i love xfiles.

still kicking myself that I missed William B. Davis, I fear i wont get another chance :-(

Timelord81r, the point is not about what should or shouldnt be allowed, the point is whether you want to risk making said actress feel awkward, which to me should always be no. People have feelings. You couldnt go up with a photo of her in lingerie and say if it upset her 'you shouldnt feel bad about it' The fact is that she may have a view on the picture that is different from your own.

I know for a fact there is a picture of Eve Myles that she point blank refuses to sign because she thinks she looks hideous in it, and it's a picture I had planned to get signed by her(because i thought it was a nice picture, and not a risque picture in any way, actually a picture of her and John B together) but I learned from John himself that she hates the picture and refuses to sign it. So i'm glad I never asked her to sign the pic before finding that out.

The point is that people are very conscious of how they look in photos, and it stands to reason that women who have done any kind of model work or adult material would be even more conscious of how they appear in it, and the right thing to do is to respect their feelings

Edited by JacknDaniel

Yes she can. It's down to any guest to decide, and we have to be respectful of that.

If anyone has a serious problem with it then they're not a true fan. There's a million other things they could get.

i agree mostly, although id have issue if she refused to sign xfiles, although Id respect it, I wouldnt understand it and be upset as a fan.

but although I feel if you do a glamour shoot then it should be fine, I can understand why a guest might not want to sign it and totally if it was nude and they were not a nude model.

surely if you are a fan of gillian anderson and are willing to pay the higher fees its not just cos of 2 FHM mags lol, she is an actor!

personally I doubt she will have issues signing clothed glamour photos, but thats just my opinion

Timelord81r, the point is not about what should or shouldnt be allowed, the point is whether you want to risk making said actress feel awkward, which to me should always be no. People have feelings. You couldnt go up with a photo of her in lingerie and say if it upset her 'you shouldnt feel bad about it' The fact is that she may have a view on the picture that is different from your own.

I know for a fact there is a picture of Eve Myles that she point blank refuses to sign because she thinks she looks hideous in it, and it's a picture I had planned to get signed by her(because i thought it was a nice picture, and not a risque picture in any way, actually a picture of her and John B together) but I learned from John himself that she hates the picture and refuses to sign it. So i'm glad I never asked her to sign the pic before finding that out.

The point is that people are very conscious of how they look in photos, and it stands to reason that women who have done any kind of model work or adult material would be even more conscious of how they appear in it, and the right thing to do is to respect their feelings

im not too sure if you are disagreeing with me or not, I think unless its stated prior that someone wont sign such and such then unless nude there shouldt be an issue, but yer its totally up to us then if we want to risk it. but we are not mind readers, for example I dont know if eve wont sign said photo and if its just a normal photo why would anyone think otherwise, fair enough if she doesnt want to but we cant guess that. and like Ive said id respect it if they said no to FHM for example.

cap

I completely agree, last year I went to the Johnny English premiere and held out my Bleak House paperback and was thrilled when she Signed it. If I wasnt so deadset about making sure my X-Files DVDs werent signed then I would take up Great Expectations for her.

Away from Scully (for a moment) Gillian is a fine and talented Actress and Great Expectations over the Christmas period was must see television and just showcased her amazing versatility. Was also nice to see the short bits of vt a few weeks back when the BBC were covering Dickens Birthday and what she said about it.

Yes in Great Expectations she did an amazing job. Her performance was flawless. The voice, the movements, the faces.

I loved her in House of Mirth too. She just does great with costume films and series as well as with X-files.:)

im not too sure if you are disagreeing with me or not, I think unless its stated prior that someone wont sign such and such then unless nude there shouldt be an issue, but yer its totally up to us then if we want to risk it. but we are not mind readers, for example I dont know if eve wont sign said photo and if its just a normal photo why would anyone think otherwise, fair enough if she doesnt want to but we cant guess that. and like Ive said id respect it if they said no to FHM for example.

I'm saying that personally, I wouldn't hand anything over that could POSSIBLY make the guest feel awkward. Yeah obviously the Eve thing couldnt be forseen, but it was a point to show that people can be conscious of how they look in photos, and I imagine that people are even more conscious of how they look in photos of themselves wearing lingerie. My point is purely that you(not you personally) should take into account how a person might feel about a photo of themselves like that, as opposed to what they 'should' have a problem with