latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

Can't believe I'll get to meet GILLIAN ANDERSON at LFCC!!!!

To all those saying this is not a 'big' guest - are you out of your minds???

We all have different interests and I'll concede she's not the equivalent of Angelina Jolie turning up (I'd rather meet Gillian) but she is one of the biggest names in sci-fi fandom. 50% of Mulder & Scully: two of the most iconic characters in TV history. I'd be hard pressed to think of actors/actresses that would not be better recieved by the patrons of Showmasters events than Gillian. About a squillion times more impressive than the likes or Karen Gillan (flavour of the month) who everyone seem to go nuts for.

This is an amazing score for Jason and co.

Well done and THANKS!!! from this huge X-Files/Gillian Anderson fan. It took me about a microsecond to decide on getting a phhotoshoot.

PS. Given the pandemonium that will no doubt ensue, could we PLEASE have the option of pre-booking an autograph ticket? If Jeri Ryan warrants it, I'd say Gillian Anderson definately requires the same option IMO.

Edited by Dent_1

So what was the concensus about whether Ms. Anderson will sign her issue of FHM then?

Sit down and let me tell you a few true stories.

Last year I went to the Premiere of "One Day" and as the very Lovely Anne Hathaway was doing her best at meeting Fans someone put out a 10x8 picture (with a bit of nudity) of her in front of her, and she was so disgusted at this she snapped "I'm not signing that!" then tore the picture out of the dealers hand and threw it on the floor.

This is Anne Hathaway we're talking about here and I've always known her to be Lovely to her Fans, the interviews I've seen shes been simply adorable and to be fair I enjoyed her hosting last years Oscars (even though many werent too keen on it) but thats me, it was cute the way she yelped "We did it!" as the credits began to roll.

So you have Hollywood A Lister Anne Hathaway not very appreciative of someone having a rather risque picture of her.

A few months later I met Kate Winslet and as usual there was the bog standard Titanic pictures going over and there were people who had shots of a rather adult nature that were handed to Kate and she point blank refused to sign them.

Both Anne Hathaway and Kate Winslet are what you'd call highly respectful Actresses (yes when the role has called for it they've been topless) but they're not page 3 models who would have no problem with that kind of thing.

Gillian Anderson falls into the "Highly respectful Actress" category (in my opinion) and I very much doubt she'd want to sign FHM - I may be wrong but just hold an air of "I may not get it signed." about you when you meet her.

So what was the concensus about whether Ms. Anderson will sign her issue of FHM then?

Last year I went to the Premiere of "One Day" and as the very Lovely Anne Hathaway was doing her best at meeting Fans someone put out a 10x8 picture (with a bit of nudity) of her in front of her, and she was so disgusted at this she snapped "I'm not signing that!" then tore the picture out of the dealers hand and threw it on the floor.

This is Anne Hathaway we're talking about here and I've always known her to be Lovely to her Fans, the interviews I've seen shes been simply adorable and to be fair I enjoyed her hosting last years Oscars (even though many werent too keen on it) but thats me, it was cute the way she yelped "We did it!" as the credits began to roll.

So you have Hollywood A Lister Anne Hathaway not very appreciative of someone having a rather risque picture of her.

A few months later I met Kate Winslet and as usual there was the bog standard Titanic pictures going over and there were people who had shots of a rather adult nature that were handed to Kate and she point blank refused to sign them.

Both Anne Hathaway and Kate Winslet are what you'd call highly respectful Actresses (yes when the role has called for it they've been topless) but they're not page 3 models who would have no problem with that kind of thing.

Gillian Anderson falls into the "Highly respectful Actress" category (in my opinion) and I very much doubt she'd want to sign FHM - I may be wrong but just hold an air of "I may not get it signed." about you when you meet her.

You have a couple of months to think about it, you may get an autograph of that, but may also risk ruining your moment with her also.

Then again, take the magazine with you, and if you at the phototable see pictures from FHM, then there should be no problem with it.

BUT Ive just seen something...

Signed FHM

So she has done it before, but its not written in stone that she will I think.

You have a couple of months to think about it, you may get an autograph of that, but may also risk ruining your moment with her also.

Then again, take the magazine with you, and if you at the phototable see pictures from FHM, then there should be no problem with it.

BUT Ive just seen something...

Signed FHM

So she has done it before, but its not written in stone that she will I think.

I've never met her, but this is also the question when did she sign that FHM and on what occasion... Because if she doesn't like signing X-files stuff that much nowadays (except this con of course), she might wouldn't be pleased to see FHM at this con either, even if she signed it in the past.

If I get to this con (which I really hope I could) I would take something to sign, I know she wouldn't have a problem with it. Because of course the auto is important too, but to me it's more precious just to meet her and get along for that brief encounter. :)

I'm not at all surprised that Gillian is £45 an Autograph, wont detract me one bit - and I'm sure those who fully understand just how awesome it is that Gillian is doing a convention at all wont be detracted either.

Lets face it, she was hardly going to be £10, £15, £20, £25 or £30

Am sure that there will be some who will complain and go "FORTY FIVE?!" but (and sorry to put this in but) it would be the same if Harrison Ford was attending and charging around £200.

This is one of those rare occasions when we KNOW that we will be meeting Gillian Anderson and we KNOW that we will be getting our much Loved X-Files Mooby signed.

At the end of the day those who want her Autograph will gladly pay such a reasonable price (for Gillian Anderson whos never done a convention before and refuses to sign X-Files) and those who dont want to or simply wont, wont.

For those who will, I'll see you in the line :)

Not complaining about the cost, I assumed she'd be a lot (although I was estimating the same as her photo). Only question for me is how many autographs I want to get... 2 or 3? Certianly would not consider not getting one!

Would aso like to know whether there will be personalisations? Would like to think for that price there would be, but equally I imagine that as she is only there for the day that she might not have time to sign and personalise.

Edited by jcAngel

I'm not at all surprised that Gillian is £45 an Autograph, wont detract me one bit - and I'm sure those who fully understand just how awesome it is that Gillian is doing a convention at all wont be detracted either.

Lets face it, she was hardly going to be £10, £15, £20, £25 or £30

I think the problem is when a big guest is charging a lot, you can see the prices of the lesser guests go up as well, which makes all autographs more expensive.

But at £45 she'd better sign those FHM pictures! :(

I honestly don't think in the long term if affects the prices of other guests. I really don't see Dave Prowse seeing Gillian Anderson costing that much and thinking 'oh i could charge that' it's never mattered before and we've always had certain guests that cost more than others

I think the problem is when a big guest is charging a lot, you can see the prices of the lesser guests go up as well, which makes all autographs more expensive.

This argument has been hovering around this forum "since man and dinosaur were knocking about", as Karl Pilkington would say.

But - my point of view on this is that it's actually pretty difficult to get a piece of Star Wars memorabilia that ISN'T signed by Dave Prowse, so I'd be very surprised if he feels he can start charging more just because Gillian Anderson comes along with her hoity-toity "I was on one of the most iconic TV shows in history and this is my first signing EVER" nonsense :)

But at £45 she'd better sign those FHM pictures! :(

I honestly don't think she will - but I'm going to bring along a copy of it just in case :D

I think the problem is when a big guest is charging a lot, you can see the prices of the lesser guests go up as well, which makes all autographs more expensive

Absolute bollox. It doesnt happen with actors salaries for a movie so why should it happen for a con? Just cos Tom Cruise has an asking fee of $25m for Mission: Impossible 4 do you really think Simon Pegg wouldn't be laughed at for asking the same?

Edited by nicky

Just orders my photoshoot ticket and a gold pass! Can't wait! I had a feeling she'd be at least £40. £45 isn't too bad, will cut the queue a little although not much. David Tennant was £45 last year wasn't he? And he was still extremely busy. The pic is the main thing for me anyhow and I've got that already :(

for Gillian Anderson whos never done a convention before

She HAS done conventions before, this is NOT a first time signing.

She's done at least two. Won't say which ones though, as we're not allowed! Easy info to find on her website though if anyone is interested.

Edited by Black Heart

£45 is not unexpected, it will mean that those on a budget will get less autos than if she were charging say £20, this will have an effect on the speed of the queue.

Of course it's way to early to speculate on personalisations etc, but for £45, the very least someone should hope for when paying that kind of money is no restrictions as far as personalisng goes and I hope not a production line feel which has sometimes occured a few years back. (BTW I thought the pacing of David Tennant's line last year was about right)

• Showmasters Admin

She's done at least two. Won't say which ones though, as we're not allowed! Easy info to find on her website though if anyone is interested.

Maybe KingRichard76 miss read the first post. Yes she's done some signing in the US. But as per the first post:

This will be her first and only planed European signing....

Maybe KingRichard76 miss read the first post. Yes she's done some signing in the US. But as per the first post:

This will be her first and only planed European signing....

Don't think he misread but he was probably reffering to the "1st timer anywhere in the world" that was used to advertise her upcoming announcement :(

There's a similar situation with Jery Ryan announcement tbh, which specifies she's going to be a 1st time UK signer... Really?!

Edited by God L'Eponge