VENUE INFORMATION - Layout of hall - UPDATED

showmasters

Might be a really daft question, apologies if it is.

Where does the auction viewing and the auction itself take place?

Is it just one of the main stages?

Auction viewing - if there is one - at the organisers booth. Auction on the main stage, yes. Should be stage 1, stage 2 is normally for the cosplay stuff.

Thanks very much! ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the layout in the original post though. That is the event, and the shape of the layout and everything matches with Brompton Hall only. Nothing has been said one way or another yet granted, but the layout map implys that thats it, we we not be using any further space on the upper level. Showmasters may not have been able to book the rest of the floor, or might not have wanted it.

Either way we wont know until we get there, but we'll def be in the Brompton Hall part at least.

The layout provided by SM indicates that the event will be using all of Brompton Hall plus more space on level 2.

Brompton Hall only reaches as far as the hall divider, and the event layout extends beyond that, http://www.eco.co.uk/content/uploads/files...Level-2_Vis.pdf

The actual shape of Brompton Hall can be found here, http://www.eco.co.uk/content/vfloorplans/5...c56b6ee16e9.pdf

Thanks. Do i go to those to get the tickets?
Yes, the talk tickets are normally handed out near the stage area.

• Showmasters Admin

1: The map is not 100% to scale. There is more space between things than shown.

2: Main talks will be on Stage 1 and this is where tickets will be given out.

3: Stage 2 is other stage activities like Cosplay. No tickets are needed for these.

4: The big guest signing will only have ONE guest a day.

I'm 99.999% sure who it will be on each day, but I just need to confirm this with the office. But it only being a single guest each day I'm pretty sure most people can "work it out" ;)

5: The guest areas A, B, C means nothing, it was just a way of splitting it up. Just go to that back wall and you'll see them all (apart from one big guest per day).

1: The map is not 100% to scale. There is more space between things than shown.

2: Main talks will be on Stage 1 and this is where tickets will be given out.

3: Stage 2 is other stage activities like Cosplay. No tickets are needed for these.

4: The big guest signing will only have ONE guest a day.

I'm 99.999% sure who it will be on each day, but I just need to confirm this with the office. But it only being a single guest each day I'm pretty sure most people can "work it out" ;)

5: The guest areas A, B, C means nothing, it was just a way of splitting it up. Just go to that back wall and you'll see them all (apart from one big guest per day).

haha - love the way you won't say who the big guests are and then list them in the next line! (but yeah i know everyone could have worked it out) - just never work for MI6 will you?

• Showmasters Admin

haha - love the way you won't say who the big guests are and then list them in the next line! (but yeah i know everyone could have worked it out) - just never work for MI6 will you?

I forgot I added that ;)

• Showmasters Admin

I forgot I added that ;)

and now you've changed it I look like an idiot!! - cheers :P

Now if I'd changed it and NOT commented, you'd look like an idiot :o But as it is, I left the idiot sign very much around my neck ;);)

I forgot I added that ;)

and now you've changed it I look like an idiot!! - cheers :P

Now if I'd changed it and NOT commented, you'd look like an idiot :o But as it is, I left the idiot sign very much around my neck ;);)

Good Point!

• Showmasters Admin

Big guest signing area.....

I can confirm it will be David Tennant on Sunday.

We will confirm on here who the Saturday guests will be before the weekend, but at present it has not 100% been decided.

Won't there be some crowd-control issues with the Photo Collect and Organiser's Booths being so close together? If LFCC was anything to go by a lot of hard-of-hearing attendees didn't get the message that crowding around the table would not make their photos appear.

Thats not a massive issue, Organisers Booth tends to be busy in the morning, less so in the afternoon. The Photo Collect is the opposite.

where is the gold pass holders chillout room? i have never found this room so far and i have had a few gold passes. Is it like the room of requirement and only appears when your feet are really tired.

Isn't it the area marked Chill Zone on the map? Assumed it was probably that. Took me a while to find it at LFCC. There was a sign on it but with so much going on it was only when I saw someone come out that I relaised what it was.

Was great to have somewhere to just go and sit, have lunch without needing to find space on the floor and get away from the crowds for a few mins. Cool chats with a few people too.