Party Themes

EvilRuthy

Oh c'mon guys this is ridiculous....

Can you PLEASE make a decision and announce party themes???

I leave Oz in 3 weeks, and will be in the UK for 5 weeks, and thus I am nearly out of time to organise anything, so I would like to know what is being announced asap. I am SURE I am not the only one in this sort of position either....

How about it???

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, in support of all my cosplaying friends, I add my voice to everyone's pleas. You'll have greater sanity happiness and a lot more people participating with proper notice. It's extremely difficult to come up with costumes at the last second, and I say this as one with extensive experience as a professional seamstress and a long stint working in the fashion industry.

With the greatest respect for all the many difficulties involved in running an event like this, it does seem to those of us on the outside that if SM/ME can announce party themes so much farther in advance for other shows, it should be possible to do so for this one. So please can we have them? :)

Yes,I honestly do hate to pester, as I know how much work goes into such a great event as Hub.

But I'm at the point of just 'I'll just throw something together and not bother with the theme', because with coursework, I don't think I'll have time now.

I know we've just had EMS (which was fantastic),but an announcement of the themes soon would be great.

Im rubbish at dressing up. I either have problems with tops or bottoms. ill try my best but im in my first year at uni so im spending most of my time on work and essays and my moneys gone on my ticket for the moment. Im gunna have to wait until the end of the month to book the hotel which im scared about. But if its an easyish theme like colours i can do it :)

how about a 1920's Elis Island themed party or something similar, so we can honour Angelo and his time with Jack.

Oh I didn't think of that one! (mostly because I've blocked out 99.99% of MD :D )

And since Daniele (Angelo) is going to be a guest too well that's just about perfect.

Come on guys :P

SIX WEEKS TOMORROW!!!

Y'all are cutting it waaaaayyyyy too close again!

It'll take 6 weeks to get my 1920s dress made so we need the themes YESTERDAY!!!!!

How about a general 'out of time' party. The theme being u can be from any era except now. Would also include the future as well as the past. Gives wider range of years for ppl to use.

That would be very cool because I could use something I already have.

At this point I just want the freaking themes!

Morgan

Just out of curiosity I went back & checked the past forums for when the party themes were announced for the previous Hubs. Needless to say it was VERY enlightening. :D

Hub 1 (October 17-19, 2008)

announced Sept 17, 2008

Hub 2 (March 13-15, 2009)

announced January 29, 2009 :o

Hub 3 (October 23-25, 2009)

announced AUGUST 29, 2009 :D:o:huh::angry:

Hub 4 (April 9-11, 2010)

announced March 2, 2010

Hub 5 (October 1-3, 2010)

announced August 27, 2010 :huh:

Hub 6 (May 20-22, 2011)

announced April 7, 2011

So we've had quite a range of time lengths. From roughly 8 weeks (2 freaking months!) for Hub 3 to a single month for Hub 1.

Regardless of past Hubs the only one that really counts is the current one & that is less than six weeks away. Please, please, please, please can we get the themes soon?

Morgan

Oh this is ridiculous!!! Have they looked at the calendar?! I don't want there to be a weekend of forty thousand jacks because no one knew what else they could do!

Hmmm...a weekend of forty thousand Jacks...that sounds like a quite a party theme in itself!!

Oh this is ridiculous!!! Have they looked at the calendar?! I don't want there to be a weekend of forty thousand jacks because no one knew what else they could do!

Hmmm...a weekend of forty thousand Jacks...that sounds like a quite a party theme in itself!!

i think ill be stcking to leggins and a top lol

Okay it's time again for my weekly grumpy post. :dance:

I see that Chevron has finally gotten their party themes. ;) I hope that the SG cosplayers there are able to get their outfits together in time.

Now about us ---

Less than 5 weeks now! I know Eternal Twilight is this weekend & Hallowhedon the next, followed the next weekend by Chevron. The following two weekends seem to be free and then it's time for the Hub. Does that mean we too are going to have only a couple of weeks to get our costumes together?

PLEASE SAY IT WON'T BE SO!!!

Right now the basic choice that Hub goers have is to go on the theory that the crew will pick from the suggestions that have been made here on this thread & pray that they don't throw us a curve ball. And as much as I'm stressing out over this (even more than affording the plane fare if I'm honest) there is still a part of me that's reluctant to go ahead w/ costume plans because I fear that bloody curve ball so damn much. So what's a girl to do?

I know how hard the SM/ME crews work on these events & their schedules are tight but please guys, I'm begging here, take a bit of time to decide on the party themes for Hub7. Please? ;)

Morgan

I think we should just rebel and decide on our own themes, lol.

But yeah, seriously, the themes soon would be fantastic,guys. I know right now is such a busy time for events, but if you could take just a couple of minutes to announce the themes, you would make everyone so happy! Thanks guys.

I think we should just rebel and decide on our own themes, lol.

But yeah, seriously, the themes soon would be fantastic,guys. I know right now is such a busy time for events, but if you could take just a couple of minutes to announce the themes, you would make everyone so happy! Thanks guys.

I think the "out of time" theme was an excellent one and it should be used *hint hint*

based on looking back my suggestions are

FRI night - doctors and nurses/ walking wounded/dead (stick white peg on and claim to be cat 3 = easy costume for late arrivers)

Sat Night - 'out of time' (seemed quite popular when suggested coz gives wider range of times to work with)

Sun night - beach party (hawaii shirts, beach shorts, grass skirts and coconuts if u really wanna be adventurous)

just my thought as i really wanna start sorting out my costumes asap like everyone else who is checking site every hour just waiting for that one thread titles 'party themes announced!!!!!'