Picture Post

if the christopher and the delorean is any thing like the karen and the tardus.... you can forget about the delorean lol

May I ask what exactly you did expect from the shoot? The Tardis in the picture in full size? That would have quite distracted from you and Amy in front of it. :P The photos I've seen show pretty much what I personally expected, part of the Tardis in the background.

well i was expecting what it said WITH the tardus ??? lol standing in front of it with a long ways pic... did you really expect what you got ?? think it would of been much better to have just left the tardus out of it now

I think this deserves to be in two threads no?

Very happy ^.^

rsztestb.jpg

The wife said I was smiling all day.

great pic... so lucky

Thanks. I don't know what kind of lighting they use in the hall but it's very tricky to correct in the camera. I can fix it in another tool but they're good enough to show you guys.

Oh, would you mind letting me know which tool you use? I shoot raw and adjust the white balance if necessary in either Lightroom or CS3 but have never managed to get any good results with the lighting in Earls Court over many years. The last couple of years, I've ended up converting my non-flash photos to black & white as it was the only way to save them :D It's the one venue I really struggle with ::sighs::

Great photos by the way! Karen looks as if she was having great fun :D

Thanks. I don't know what kind of lighting they use in the hall but it's very tricky to correct in the camera. I can fix it in another tool but they're good enough to show you guys.

Oh, would you mind letting me know which tool you use? I shoot raw and adjust the white balance if necessary in either Lightroom or CS3 but have never managed to get any good results with the lighting in Earls Court over many years. The last couple of years, I've ended up converting my non-flash photos to black & white as it was the only way to save them :D It's the one venue I really struggle with ::sighs::

Great photos by the way! Karen looks as if she was having great fun :D

Thanks for the compliments. Try Adobe Camera Raw. I've got CS4 and Lightroom and pretty sure it got installed with one of those. Not sure about CS3. It might be avilable as a separate download but gives you more control over whitebalance if you shoot raw.

Because of the way jpegs are processed and created you lose the ability to make the same adjustments to colour balance and white balance later on and I'm struggling to completely remove that yellowish cast. Might try raw tomorrow for a few shots and see if that allows me to adjust it more though there's definitely something in the lighting that's more unusual than the norm. I'll try the B&W suggestion too. That might still be nice.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Hi there

Would anyone be kind enough to advise me how to post photos in this thread please?

Hello! If you want it as a thumbnail you can go sign up to Imageshack, takes 2 min and a throwaway email, then surround the link on here with the tags [ img] [ /img] Without any space before the img :D

My photos are here I think - let me know if the don't work. I've been coming for years, but my 6 year olds first one and he loved it.

Doesn't work for me but then I'm not on Facebook. You might need to give more specific permissions. Good to hear someone else having a good time though.

Hi there

Would anyone be kind enough to advise me how to post photos in this thread please?

you will need to upload the pics to a free picture hosting service like http://www.photobucket.com once you have an account there you will be able to upload your pictures then underneath you will see 4 different embedding methods underneath your picture its the [ img ] line that your interested in

it will look like this

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/xxx/xxx/xxx.jpg]

then simply copy the link with the img tags to the board and it will post your picture

Edited by -Craig-

My photos are here I think - let me know if the don't work. I've been coming for years, but my 6 year olds first one and he loved it.

Doesn't work for me but then I'm not on Facebook. You might need to give more specific permissions. Good to hear someone else having a good time though.

Works fine for me (I am on FB) - great shots ! Looks like you guys had a fantastic time !! ;)

did anyone get a picture of The Witchking from Lord of the Rings as he was walking around, if so could you post it, as his costume was amazing, every time i tried to get a photo thye said he had to go cause he was too hot :-( But would appreciate seeing someones!!!!!!!

Thanks

tom

haha i am babydoll and thankyou very much! alot of people said that to me today. sadly i wont be there tomorrow ;)

That is a shame i would've loved to get a picture with you, I'll just have to settle for one of Christopher and the Delorean

if the christopher and the delorean is any thing like the karen and the tardus.... you can forget about the delorean lol

At £45 a pop i hope its better than the karen and tardus, but to be honest im more looking forward to meeting Lisa Marie

Thanks for the compliments. Try Adobe Camera Raw. I've got CS4 and Lightroom and pretty sure it got installed with one of those. Not sure about CS3. It might be avilable as a separate download but gives you more control over whitebalance if you shoot raw.

I am running CS5 and you can edit raw directly with Bridge and also in photoshop. The histogram is instantly avlaibale fo direct manipulation so you can adjust the "temperature" of the White balance. One tip however would be to get the WB right before you begin to correct other lighting (I.e. Exposure, recovery, black fill etc). If you keep the the image at 32 (or even 64bit) during any editing you can shift exposure during edit, it's a bit clunky though.

Shame, I only had a 18-55 lens with me. Was traveling "light" to fit the camera stuff in my costume...

The lighting for next years event at Olympia will be better, you get some natural light in there too so that will be a big help.

EDIT: The pics I posted were uploaded via iPad and are not edited.

Corey Feldmans hair..wtf.

I saw his, interesting, haircut on telly on Friday night. I nearly packed my clippers.

Edited by mat_splat

At £45 a pop i hope its better than the karen and tardus, but to be honest im more looking forward to meeting Lisa Marie

Good luck... i met her yesterday... she was very rude. :angry:

Really? I was thinking about going to see her but ran out of my budget so I decided against it, I also missed out on a few others like Corey Feldman and Lea Thompson so I hope they will be back soon!