ok here is something to get your teeth into

showmasters

would you pay the going rate ?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. please only fill in one section thanks

• £250 sorry i would not pay that much for an autograph
    • £250 ok its the price and i need one and i would pay this for an autograph
    • £250 its the price and i need x 2 of them
    • £250 i would buy x 4 as its an investment
    • £250 i would buy x 10 as its an investment
    • i would buy more than 10 at this price
    • i think he should buy my autograph of me for 10% of that :-)
    • i can only afford for him to right BU & the ZZ ALDRIN will have to be paid for next month
    • i can remember when his auto was only £95 and you could get 10 cola sweets for 5p etc etc

Hi Dave & Jason,

I personally don't think he would add much to your show as he has been twice before and his price attracts too much controversy. I know this would be unfair to the people who have not met him before but would he be a boost to your show...maybe not. For those without his autograph signed books are available at reasonable prices.

If you could put the same amount of time trying to get the likes of Christpher Lee or Roger Moore (who might be persuaded to do it for his charitable causes) I think more people would attend.

Looking forward to October,

Brian

Hi Dave & Jason,

I personally don't think he would add much to your show as he has been twice before and his price attracts too much controversy. I know this would be unfair to the people who have not met him before but would he be a boost to your show...maybe not. For those without his autograph signed books are available at reasonable prices.

If you could put the same amount of time trying to get the likes of Christpher Lee or Roger Moore (who might be persuaded to do it for his charitable causes) I think more people would attend.

Brian

I agree with this. I'm not a fan of space guests, so I obviously wouldn't pay the price, but I wouldnt say 'I won't pay the price for ANY autograph' it depends on the guest. I do think that guests like Christopher Lee, Judi Dench, Roger Moore and people of that calibre would be much more popular

Hi Dave & Jason,

Brian

Whole heartedly agree with the Roger Moore idea - which I know has been brought up many times before. Why not invite him along for 1 day, to profit his charity? I could imagine a photoshoot and autographs would raise him a considerable sum in only a few hours! I think i'd end up paying for, at the minimum 4 autos and 2 photoshoots :WINCE:

Slightly off track I know, sorry.............back to the thread at hand

Edited by keithporter23

I am glad I have met him, but it took three attempts to get his Autograph, the Great NSC Leicester Bun Fight was one. I found him a misery and sorry to say he slide down my scale of hero ship. I paid the £95 and he signed my 'Big Blue Book' but a smile and a freindly chat would have been nice but hey!

The other astronauts and cosmonauts have all been fantastic and I have great memories of meeting them, thats one reason I like Autographica...

Regards all

von Dawson's Express

• 1 month later...

I know the price isnt set by you guys but hey if we start going down this road then who knows where we will end up? I am a big auto collector and there is an endless list of people i want to meet and get their autos but £250? hell!!! I agree with a lot of other posters here lets get a high calibre of actors who have never done these shows before. Roger Moore Christopher Lee etc etc i think would be more beneficial to us collectors of actors and film stars. Dont get me wrong i know there are a lot of you space enthusiasts out there and all the best to you, but as much as i would totally love the chance to meet Harrison Ford etc i wouldnt even think about shelling out xamount of cash out for just one auto. In the case of Mr Ford and Hammil i would love to get 8 or 9 each of them,(i stress here im not being greedy its just i have a lot of stuff these guys can sign for me) So in a nutshell no i would not pay way over the odds for anyones auto no matter how much of a fan/collector i am. I recently paid a bit more than i expected to get Matt Smith and Karen Gillans autos at a dvd promotional signing, it broke my heart and bank balance and only now the wife is starting to talk to me again. To quote a companion of a famous Time Lord "If its stopped being fun give it up".....

I know the price isnt set by you guys but hey if we start going down this road then who knows where we will end up? I am a big auto collector and there is an endless list of people i want to meet and get their autos but £250? hell!!! I agree with a lot of other posters here lets get a high calibre of actors who have never done these shows before. Roger Moore Christopher Lee etc etc i think would be more beneficial to us collectors of actors and film stars. Dont get me wrong i know there are a lot of you space enthusiasts out there and all the best to you, but as much as i would totally love the chance to meet Harrison Ford etc i wouldnt even think about shelling out xamount of cash out for just one auto. In the case of Mr Ford and Hammil i would love to get 8 or 9 each of them,(i stress here im not being greedy its just i have a lot of stuff these guys can sign for me) So in a nutshell no i would not pay way over the odds for anyones auto no matter how much of a fan/collector i am. I recently paid a bit more than i expected to get Matt Smith and Karen Gillans autos at a dvd promotional signing, it broke my heart and bank balance and only now the wife is starting to talk to me again. To quote a companion of a famous Time Lord "If its stopped being fun give it up".....

I think this argument has been on the forum before. I order to have the very high calibre guests, we as collectors have to pay out. I'm sure there are some actors that you WOULD pay 250 for.

If Buzz did turn up I would pay for 1 auto of him.

This is BUZZ ALDRIN we're talking about here, not some actor!

He really walked on the Moon, he didn't just pretend! How much would some of you pay for, say, Bruce Willis or Tom Hanks' autograph???

Tom Hanks walked on the moon as well, I saw it in Apollo 13...sort of!!

Couldn't agree with you more on this point, I may have been a bit lukewarm before but now I say bring Buzz back.

I'm told by people who attend the US shows that even at these prices he still consistently has long lines so I think he would still do business over here at that rate.

This is BUZZ ALDRIN we're talking about here, not some actor!

One day someone (hopefully not even born yet) Will muddle Buzz Aldrin and Buzz Lightyear.

Films don't age in the same way as real history.

Besides it's not as if he was the first man to walk on the moon, he was the second.

• Showmasters Admin

One day someone (hopefully not even born yet) Will muddle Buzz Aldrin and Buzz Lightyear.

Has already happened :WINCE:

did someone ask him to sign with the quote "to infinity and beyond"?

that would be awesome!

No, thankfully it wasn't Buzz it was said to, but in fact Alan Bean.

FAN-TAS-TIC!!!

Over the moon (yes, I know :blink: )

Thanks for announcing early - gives us time to save up, should be able to do it over 6 or 7 months I hope!

One thing showmasters - please can you possibly try at all to get Buzz to ease up on his add-on fees as? Or maybe a second auto at a reduced rate or such like?

Well done and thanks for bringing a smile to my face today