latest Guest Announcement - CLive Barker

Hellraiser - Writer (novel "The Hellbound Heart") (screenplay), Director

Candyman - Writer (story "The Forbidden"), Executive Producer

Nightbreed - Writer (novel "Cabal") (screenplay), Director

Hellbound: Hellraiser II - Writer (story), Executive Producer

Sleepwalkers - Forensic Tech

Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth - Writer (characters), Executive Producer

Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh - Writer (story), Executive Producer

Lord of Illusions - Writer (screenplay) (story "The Last Illusion"), Producer, Director

Hellraiser: Bloodline - Executive Producer

Gods and Monsters - Executive Producer

Book of Blood - Writer (short stories "The Book of Blood" and "On Jerusalem Street"), Producer

Hellraiser: Deader - Winter's Lament (short) - Writer (characters)

Hellraiser: Prophecy (short) - Writer (characters), Special Thanks

Hellraiser: Hellworld (video) - Writer (characters)

Hellraiser: Deader (video) - Writer (characters)

Hellraiser: Hellseeker (video) - Writer (characters)

Hellraiser: Resurrection (video documentary short) - Himself, Executive Producer

Candyman: Day of the Dead (video) - Writer (characters)

clive-barker-hellraiser.jpg

Writing career

Clive Barker is one of the leading authors of contemporary horror/fantasy, writing in the horror genre early in his career, mostly in the form of short stories (collected in Books of Blood 1 – 6), and the Faustian novel The Damnation Game (1985). Later he moved towards modern-day fantasy and urban fantasy with horror elements in Weaveworld (1987), The Great and Secret Show (1989), the world-spanning Imajica (1991) and Sacrament (1996), bringing in the deeper, richer concepts of reality, the nature of the mind and dreams, and the power of words and memories.

Barker's distinctive style is characterized by the notion of hidden fantastical worlds coexisting with our own, the role of sexuality in the supernatural and the construction of coherent, complex and detailed universes. Barker has referred to this style as "dark fantasy" or the "fantastique". His stories are notable for a deliberate blurring of the distinction between binary opposites such as hell and heaven, or pleasure and pain (the latter particularly so in The Hellbound Heart).

When the Books of Blood were first published in the United States in paperback, Stephen King was quoted on the book covers: "I have seen the future of horror, his name is Clive Barker."

clive_barker_honda.jpg

hellraiser-thumb-550x355-13680.jpg

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000850/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

we have LOTS more to come for all the shows for next year so keep an eye out for some realy amazing guests for 2011.

this year has been a great year to net work with some of the guests we have had at some of our events and its so paid of and if all go's the way it looks like its going you will all have the chance to meet soma really amazing guests we are so excited for 2011 we fell it could be our best year running these events we shall see ? :angel:

so watch this space and we keep adding new guest to our other events so cheque there threads out too.

thank you for coming to our events and we hope to entertain you all next year

have a great Christmas and we plan to keep putting up new guests over the holidays too ;)

HAVE A AMAZING HOLIDAY

from all at Showmasters Massive Events, 10th plant and Autographiica :WAVE:

this is just the best guest for me at any sm event ive been wanting to meet him for so many years he is a complete legend in every sence! i cant wait to meet him hope he does a shoot asswell thank u sm your shows keep getting better and better!!i will spread the word!

Awesome guest, will definitley be meeting him! I LOL'd at all the John Carpenter guesses. Something tells me that Carpenter would never take an international flight to an autograph convention. It was hard enough to motivate him to make 'The Ward'!

Edited by thecraft

well i have to admit i got excited when they said massive horror guest....was hoping for Wes Craven...or even better ROBERT ENGLUND!! but then read that he had not been to a signing before,

gutted it was neither of them...and actually said...who is Clive Barker? LMAO

though reading he did candyman and hellraiser, thats totally awesome!!

but id rather travel 5 hours to see robert englund :)

Wow, that's a fantastic guest! one of my favourite horror series' is Hellraiser.

How about all the cenobites. I know they are have or are appearing at acouple of events in the uk :D

Met the four Hellraiser cenobites at an event recently, really nice people. Would love them with Clive

Wow, that's a fantastic guest! one of my favourite horror series' is Hellraiser.

How about all the cenobites. I know they are have or are appearing at acouple of events in the uk :D

Met the four Hellraiser cenobites at an event recently, really nice people. Would love them with Clive

me too they were lovely weren't they :D