Sign in to follow this  
debsmadcat111

Park Inn Convention Code?

You just tell them you want to book for Hub 6 - there isn't a 'code' as such.

It's about £68/night B&B, I think. And you pay a £20pp deposit on booking with the rest to be paid later.

Ah cool thanks, no worries just booked at Ibis for £124 for the 3 nights, no breakfast but can get that from subway/maccys :)

Those people who booked over the phone, did you get a email confirmation? I asked for one when I booked at least a month ago and whilst the deposit has been taken from my account, I have no proof as such that I booked. I'm going to phone them over the next few days.

xxx

I gave my email address asking for confirmation for Hub 5, they failed to send me it yet were really interested in getting my views afterwards about my stay. Also very disappointed as I said it was for Hub 5, then they tried to charge me £7 for breakfast and as I didn't know how it worked I just said no to it so feel like I missed out :P.

Those people who booked over the phone, did you get a email confirmation? I asked for one when I booked at least a month ago and whilst the deposit has been taken from my account, I have no proof as such that I booked. I'm going to phone them over the next few days.

xxx

I didn't get an email either. I had to phone back to get my booking code, that was after emailing them twice.

When I re-booked the new dates for Warp 10 they asked if I wanted an email or not on the phone and took an address.

Woman was being very helpful and nice though so maybe not everyone will offer it lol

I put a deposit down - does anyone know when the Park will take the rest of the payment?

I put a deposit down - does anyone know when the Park will take the rest of the payment?

I would imagine when you check in/out?

xxx

The website says "The balance of the room cost is due by the end of January 2011 at the latest. "

Let me check the Bitten section... there was a similar topic there, and I think they had a definite answer if you had to call the hotel or if they'd contact you.

*goes off to search*

EDIT: the posts in the Bitten section said that attendees there had called the hotel and paid over the phone.

The website says "The balance of the room cost is due by the end of January 2011 at the latest. "

Let me check the Bitten section... there was a similar topic there, and I think they had a definite answer if you had to call the hotel or if they'd contact you.

*goes off to search*

EDIT: the posts in the Bitten section said that attendees there had called the hotel and paid over the phone.

Is this just for people who booked online or for anyone who booked a room at HUB 5?

I had assumed when i booked that the balance was due on check -in for Hub 6 this is how it normally happens.

Edited by buffy2k

I had assumed when i booked that the balance was due on check -in for Hub 6 this is how it normally happens.

The Park Inn has differed from this for quite a while, pretty much since Eclipse 2. Prior they even asked for full prepayment right away when you booked.

I have just called the park - you pay on arrival for the balance they took deposits which were payable at time of booking but thats all.

Hope this helps for anyone worried.

Edited by buffy2k

Thank you.

I'll point that out to the office and ask them to change the website then before there's even more confusion.

Will have to give them a call tomorrow, see if they have any rooms left.
When you get your phone back... :whistling:

I have just called the park - you pay on arrival for the balance they took deposits which were payable at time of booking but thats all.

Thanks for this information - much appreciated.

xxx

Will have to give them a call tomorrow, see if they have any rooms left.
When you get your phone back... :whistling:

Yes, thank you ;). I'd almost forgotten I didn't have it until I saw this.

Park Inn have really cheesed me off, been waiting ALL weekend to say I have payed the full amount.... so I have to go and call them yet again!

Thanks Nicky, you're a star :)

(phew - can now pay TV licence )