WRESTLING GUESTS ?

wrestlingfan

Why do we never get wrestling guests at collectormania ?

If you search on the forum for "wrestling" or other sort of terms, you'll find lots of past discussion on this.

There are a number of people on the forums who are very interested in wrestling. I suspect that the general feeling from the organisers is that when the costs of getting wrestling guests to a show are weighed against the income likely to be generated, it doesn't stack up financially.

There may be other reasons - maybe many of them are on quite restrictive contracts, in terms of either when they can appear, or number of appearances, or maybe if somebody has sole or priority rights to promote their appearances.

The bottom line is that quite a few people have asked for such folk before, with no success, so one assumes that there is probably a good reason (or a confluence of several contributing ones) for their absence.

• Moderators

They've had a few in the past, and presumably they didn't do great business, and so they chose not to pursue that particular avenue which is fair enough.

They appear elsewhere on their own official store signings, book signings, outside wrestling events, and other events etc so there's always alternatives :YAHOO:

I agree some wrestlers would add a little diversity to the line-up, I know Stacy Keibler has appeared before, I didn't do conventions then but if I'd known I would have killed to meet her.... but for now, I'd be more than ecstatic if Collectormania got former diva Lilian Garcia to appear.... besides being related to wrestling, she's also a recording artist and has done many signings over in the US.

And that's my input :D

Bret The Hitman Hart would do great in London. He has never done a proper signing in London

Sorry to disagree but Bret has done at least two signings in London, one in '92 and one in '08.I'm pretty sure he did another but I can't remember when.

He's also done one in Manchester and one in Birmingham. :D

I put up a Roddy Piper thread to this forum at one point. He's a retired wrestler, he beat cancer, he's had an on/off screen rivalry with Mr T, but apart from that he's also starred in over 25 movies, including John Carpenter's cult classic 'They Live' which is due to be remade, and a lot of movie fans would definitely appreciate Piper being there, so not just a wrestling guest but a cult icon! "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.....and I'm all out of bubblegum!"

And I concur with the Jesse Ventura suggestion! He's a Predator guest too!

Many wresteles are indeed on "restricted appearance" contracts. Specially in the WWE.

As for stars for TNA, they tend to do their own mini events called "Fan Interaction" events adn you have to buy tickets for these, as well as the actual wrestling events. Though I do believe that (and I could be wrong here) once you have your interactions ticket, the actual autographs are free. Could be wrong though.

I remember reading that last time, atfter a long abscence, STING was donig one such appearance, and in true rock and roll style...he kept people waiting. Then they kept announcing a countdown to his arrival in the signing area, but no one queued at his table. "Five minutes to STING" would come the announcement over the P.A.....every 10 minutes or so!

I know that WWE usually do a planned autograph mini event in a store in the town where they are appearing that night.

I say usually.

It seems, at least in Birmingham, this year they wont be. If anyone can find any other update for this, please post

Bret The Hitman Hart would do great in London. He has never done a proper signing in London

Sorry to disagree but Bret has done at least two signings in London, one in '92 and one in '08.I'm pretty sure he did another but I can't remember when.

He's also done one in Manchester and one in Birmingham. :blush:

Also one very soon

would love to see hogan, shaun michaels, piper, undertaker, neidhart, savage and of course the best, bret hart

i went to an event and i meet sunny, scott hall, million dollar man and virgil and let me tell you they were lovely to meet and got a steady line of business. plus the vendors around them made quite a bit of money selling wrestling merchandise. where i`ve been to collectormanias where i`ve felt sorry for some guests that are sat there and nobody really cares about them. like this one lady at the frst one i went too. she was sat next to warwick davies. he had a big line waiting for his autograph and she was there all day reading a book. i have always want to have wrestling guests at a collectormania. not these new stars. but some of the old school wrestlers. now there incorporating sportsmania in to the collectormanias. i think instead of having all these poor people that are booked for a couple of guests. we should have a few wrestlers. everyone remembers wrestling in the late 80s early 90s.

*edited*

Sorry, I had to remove a few parts, as if it's enough info to google the event it's too much.

Thank you.

Edited by DavidB

Hi

I think some wrestling guests at a future venue would be a great idea.

They would appear to be popular but granted, not to everyone's cup of tea.

Current wrestlers would be virtually impossible to get due to the contracts they are in and I'm guessing some of the others would be difficult and costly to bring here as they are in the States, but it would be great to have some in due course - even a weekend event devoted solely to wrestling guests. There's a large wrestling devoted fanbase out there and to many - some of the wrestlers are childhood heroes

In the past several months, we've met Teddy Dibiase, Cody Rhodes and Kofi Kingston but I'd love the chance to meet some of the stars from the late 70's to early 90's, the names Jesse Ventura, Roddy Piper, Jim Duggan, Mick Foley (yeah, I know he is with TNA but he does events while with them), etc instantly spring to mind.

For those who also say that CM never have wrestling guests - Drew MacIntyre (then Drew Galloway) appeared at the first Collectormania Glasgow event back in August 2007 about a month before he signed a development contract with WWE.

Here's the proof! (I think he was brought by one of the stalls, but it was great to meet him and I was surprised back then how popular he was).

n711682882_565245_1895.jpg

• 2 weeks later...