latest Guest Announcement - AHMED BEST

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

latest Guest Announcement Ahmed Best

this will be Ahmed's first european signing

he will be taking part in an amazing Q&A

and we will have photo ops on sales very soon

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - Jar Jar Binks

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones - Jar Jar Binks/Achk Med-Beq (voice)

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace - Jar Jar Binks (voice)

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (TV series) Bombad Jedi - Jar Jar Binks (voice)

Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II (TV movie) - Jar Jar Binks/Stormtrooper (voice)

Robot Chicken: Star Wars (TV movie) - Jar Jar Binks/AT-AT Driver (voice)

Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III (TV movie) - Jar Jar Binks

Alias (TV series) - Seth (1 episode, 2003) A Free Agent - Seth

Ahmed Best kicked off his entertainment career as a musician in New York City. His first gig was with the underground acid jazz group The Jazzhole, which he played in, wrote for and produced. After touring with the group in Europe and Asia, he moved on to star in the Broadway musical Stomp. Ahmed toured internationally with Stomp but got his next big break back in the states.

While performing in San Francisco, George Lucas asked Ahmed to make film history by playing the first live/animated character in a motion picture: Jar Jar Binks. He appeared in all three of the Star Wars prequels. Since moving to Los Angeles in 2000, Ahmed has voiced a number of animated features, including Kangaroo Jack 2 and the popular anime film Armitage.

His recent on-camera work includes the independent films Mother and Child (which stars Samuel L. Jackson, Naomi Watts and Annette Bening), 2001: Maniacs: Field of Screams, Poolboy, and Some Guy Who Kills People. On television, he has recurred on Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken, Cartoon Network’s Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Nickelodeon’s Big Time Rush and guest starred on ABC’s Cougar Town and the NBC pilot The Pink House.

Ahmed is also a regular ensemble performer at the Sacred Fools Theatre. Ahmed won a 2009 Annie Award for his voiceover work on Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II and a GLAAD award for executive producing The DL Chronicles. He has produced and directed internet videos for Flowrocks.com and commercials for The Body Factory, a health fitness store.

He also wrote and directed the indie sitcom This Can’t Be My Life, starring Lynn Wacor, Tracie Thoms and Rosario Dawson. Ahmed is currently working on a live internet show for Live Video and a sci-fi comedy pilot called The Nebula, which stars Ahmed along with Levar Burton, Wayne Brady, Tracie Thoms and Alphonso McAuley.

best1dx7.jpg

jarJarBinks.jpg

sw-ch-1024.jpg

best2gr3.jpg

snapshot10.jpg

http://imdb.com/name/nm0078886/

Not an unexpected announcement. But a very welcome announcement nonetheless.

I've actually really wanted to meet Jar-Jar! and I've three posters for him to sign so I'm quite happy.

Seeing as it's the offical reunion for ROTJ how about some big guests from that movie as well? Come on Showmasters surprise us and get Frank Oz.

• Showmasters Admin

Not an unexpected announcement. But a very welcome announcement nonetheless.

I've actually really wanted to meet Jar-Jar! and I've three posters for him to sign so I'm quite happy.

Seeing as it's the offical reunion for ROTJ how about some big guests from that movie as well? Come on Showmasters surprise us and get Frank Oz.

well its Not unexpected as some one told the world as soon the agreement was singed which was not helpful , but as you say a great rare guests for star wars fans .

"Come on Showmasters surprise" well we do often but fans forget as soon at they meet a new guest they become a repeat guest and old news .

as to Frank Oz he has never done an event any ware in the world as of yet so its not something that we can just pop of and get him to just do one , and as i am a star wars fan do you not think i have tried and keep trying ?

anyway this is Ahmed Best thread so lets get it back on topic

Ahmed Best is a very rare guest and i know we are all going to have a great time meeting him at the show

see you there

jason

Surprised everyone is so glad when most people me included hated Jar Jar was hoping for an original trilogy guest but then again I don't really like the prequels so this is a very surprising and disappointing guest announcement but Michael Biehn being announced at the same time is a big consolation!

• Moderators

Surprised everyone is so glad when most people me included hated Jar Jar was hoping for an original trilogy guest but then again I don't really like the prequels so this is a very surprising and disappointing guest announcement but Michael Biehn being announced at the same time is a big consolation!

Considering the amount of Star Wars fans that have multi-signed posters and other items, regardless of their opinions on Jar Jar, I am fairly certain a LOT of them will be getting Ahmed to sign. If people are happy to be getting autographs from background characters etc, then surely Jar Jar is a character they should be getting.

Add the fact that this is his first European signing, and it's far from a 'disappointing' guest. He is a great addition to the lineup.

Good (and big) guest for SW fans. Nice to see an important person havent had before from the prequels.

Seeing as it's the offical reunion for ROTJ how about some big guests from that movie as well?

Is it???! Where did it say that?

Edited by nicky

I, for one, am EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMELY excited by this announcement or to put it another way...'Meesa Bustin with excitement'.

I, as many of the SW fan community know, am a HUGE fan of the prequels and Episode I especially holds a very special place in my SW fandom memories.

I cannot wait to meet Ahmed and hear what he has to say about a few things.

I would say that the generalisation that 'everybody hates Jar Jar' is well off, frankly a pathetic assessment by a very vocal minority of "fans" who believe that they know better. It's boring, untrue and old news.

Please try and keep the negativity against a guest out of the announcement thread as, IMO, it's quite bad taste.

Lots and lots of people will greatly be looking forward to meeting Ahmed - you should be happy for them.

I, for one, am EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMELY excited by this announcement or to put it another way...'Meesa Bustin with excitement'.

I, as many of the SW fan community know, am a HUGE fan of the prequels and Episode I especially holds a very special place in my SW fandom memories.

I would say that the generalisation that 'everybody hates Jar Jar' is well off, frankly a pathetic assessment by a very vocal minority of "fans" who believe that they know better. It's boring, untrue and old news.

Please try and keep the negativity against a guest out of the announcement thread as, IMO, it's quite bad taste.

Lots and lots of people will greatly be looking forward to meeting Ahmed - you should be happy for them.

Nice comments Abstractharmony. I think this event will be Ahmed's second signing event worldwide so it is a pretty big deal that Showmasters got him.

I've actually been hoping he'd start doing events as I wanted to meet him.

Nicky, I noticed the 'offical reunion for ROTJ' on a previous thread but I can't remember which one it was. I think Jason made the post but I'm not sure.

I think this is spot on. I too have very fond memories of Episode I in terms of my Star Wars fandom. It brought me back to a place I had longed for since the mid-80's! Once again I was able to collect Star Wars on a mass scale. It brought the saga back to life.

I also think too much is made of Jar Jar's annoyance. I feel pretty sorry for Ahmed in that respect as he went from having a lot of work to do in Episode I, to next to nothing across the two sequels that he had signed up for. It'll be interesting to hear what he made of all the negativity and how - if at all - it affected him in his approach to being involved with Eps II and III.

One thing is certain about Jar Jar - he was a hit with the kids and I can't wait for my son (currently 6 months old) to be introduced to the saga. When I get the chance to sit down and watch the films with him, I can guarantee that Jar Jar will be one of his favourite characters - and that in turn will probably make him one of mine!! :wub:

This really is a great guest for any Star Wars fan. Thanks a lot SM for pulling this out of the bag.

Now, please get on at Maki to sort Carrie out with another trip over!! :wub:

• Moderators

Depends on demand really. Considering the number of SW fans, and the fact that it's his first European appearance, I'm pretty sure we can expect him to be very busy.

I think queues are managed more efficiently now than ever though, so hopefully it'll be an enjoyable experience for all.