latest Guest Announcement - AHMED BEST

showmasters

How about brian blessed too, cancelled a few times now but sure tthere'll be some nice shots of the two together.

:thumbup:

Agreed. Perhaps also getting Steve Spiers back would be cool too?

Jar Jar, Boss Nass and Capt. Tarpals. Sounds like a whole bunch of awesome to me.

Really still quite excited about Ahmed.

That would be a quality line-up. Hell, why not just go out and do a big TPM guest list now!!!

funny how star wars fans ridicule this guys character and then claim he's one guy they would really love to meet and get all excited..make your minds up folks.

Not all fans do - people are entitled to have their own opinions you know! Just coz some ridiculed Jar Jar does not mean everybody did!

A TPM reunion is sooo 2009!!!

Pfft...

Every year is the year for a TPM reunion baby!!!!!!!

2009 was a VERY good year graphs wise for TPM.

But someday soon SM will devote a MA-HOO-SIVE show just to my personal graph wants and needs.

It'll be called the 'LetsgetMarktostoppestering-mania"

Expect many prequel guests,a smattering of Potters and Pirates & David Bowie.

LOL!

So what?...I can remain hopeful.

funny how star wars fans ridicule this guys character and then claim he's one guy they would really love to meet and get all excited..make your minds up folks.

I think that I can confidently says that you wouldn't EVER be able to find any post from me on any forum rdiculing Jar Jar as a character.

He is an integral part of the SW universe. To put in context, without Jar Jar there would be no meeting between Padme & Anakin, the clones would not have been created, there would be no Vader, No Luke and no Leia.

Jar Jar is the lynchpin, just as Obi-Wan is the true villan of the saga (catch me in person and get me to explain this one...)

I know what you mean. I was going to watch Episode 1 the other night to prep for meeting him, then thought 'I'm actually going to watch Episode 1 FOR Jar Jar?!' Not something I ever thought i'd do!

I suppose it's just something about being a big character in a movie/saga we love. For example I despised the character of Kate in Lost with a passion for 6 years, but I would still meet her if she came to an event, because she's a major character in one of my fave shows.

Sounds a bit crazy but it's true!

• Moderators

It makes sense, plus a lot of people are 'collectors' and so don't collect based on whether they like a character or not necessarily.

There's no denying his contribution to the series, and he's certainly someone a lot of people will want on SW stuff even if they didn't really like the character.

My 12 year old is very excited to meet him. I think he was either 2 or 3 and wore a jar jar long sleeved tshirt to his birthday party and had to have a jar jar cake. (Everything had to have Jar Jar on at the time, the whole house was star wars mad!)

It got him more interested in Star Wars IV-VI (although both my boys love all of them, I-VI and cartoon versions etc)

no slating of him in our house!