Next SW Guest?

CelticRob

My understanding is he has done signings where he'll sign 10x8s etc in the past (although the usual stipulation about Dracula items seemed to apply there as well). If memory serves these are usually events that have been organised by him rather than by a promoter like Showmasters or one of their rivals. He was also confirmed as a guest for LFACC a few years back but had to cancel for health reasons.

In recent times though his public signings have usually been to promote specific items such as his biography, his CD or the DVD release of Jinnah. He did a couple of CD signings at a rival event, rather than an instore job but I think the deal was that only the CD would be signed.

If I've understood his attitude correctly he's not totally averse to generic signing events so he would be a possibility for Showmasters, the only constant seems to be the Dracula/Space 1999 thing. My only question would be if he was being lined up for this show, would he be billed as a Star Wars guest given the range of films that he has appeared in.

I think the chances are he would more likely be referred to as a 1st time LOTR guest than a Star Wars guest to be honest. Like you say, he is probably more famous for his work outside of Star Wars, and Dooku wasn't really as prominent a character as he could have been. I always thought Dooku could have been used to fulfil the Grievous role, but Lucas killed Dooku off just so he could have another play with a CGI character that he could market merchandise around.

I think Ahmed Best seems to be the most likely option. Though I would be chuffed with either Frank Oz or James Earl Jones, especially with it being the anniversary year of Empire.

I would love to see Carrie back over - it's been a number of years since she came to an event in the UK, so surely she's due an appearance?!

Having Hamill back again would be good - but only as long as the signing/queuing process isn't as farcical as it was last time!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Irvin Kershner a first time signer for Showmasters?

He was scheduled to attend a recent show but pulled out due to ill health, but I understand he has since attended some US conventions.

He would be at the top of my list of preferred signers and it would be a fitting end to this years ESB 30th anniversary celebrations.

• Moderators

I think he did Collectormania 7.

He was scheduled to attend a recent show but pulled out due to ill health, but I understand he has since attended some US conventions.

He would be at the top of my list of preferred signers and it would be a fitting end to this years ESB 30th anniversary celebrations.

I am pretty sure he has signed at an SM event previously.

I think he did Collectormania 7.

Yes he definitely appeared in MK a few years back, as I met him. Someone I'd always wanted to meet and he was great.

I would very much like to see him return, as he almost did last year. Especially if he did a photo shoot and took part in a talk.

I did hear of a celebrity (can't remember the name) who said that he would sign anything anybody presented to him and his reasoning was that he was privileged to be in the position he was in and if it took a few moments of his time to sign some stuff for autograph dealers so they could earn some money by selling the autographs to real fans then that was well and good and he said if he was signing for real fans that was well and good also; either way real fans end up with the autograph. I think maybe Mr. McDiarmid could do with taking a leaf out of that chap's book.

Not sure if its the same celeb but I did hear that Matt Damon had that same way with signing. I saw him in a play in London in 2002 but didn't meet him. Others who did said he didn't mind signing even if he knew the person was selling, and he said he hoped they did well, and that at least the autographs would end up with real fans eventually.

I would be chuffed with either Frank Oz or James Earl Jones, especially with it being the anniversary year of Empire.

I would love to see Carrie back over - it's been a number of years since she came to an event in the UK, so surely she's due an appearance?!

Having Hamill back again would be good - but only as long as the signing/queuing process isn't as farcical as it was last time!

Agreed on all that. Love to see any of them as guests.

Why on earth they didn't do a virtual ticket SM style at that Hamill event was amazing. People queuing for hours rather than enjoying the rest of the show.

• Moderators

Okay, thats good news.

Come to think of it....it may have been a dealer that told me.

Keira has skipped over Star Wars stuff in the past, but at her play last year she was 'signing' pretty much anything, including Star Wars shots. I say 'signing' because the most you got was 4 lines making up a single K, but more often than not she took the pen away before she finished so you got 3 lines or less, meaning some 'autographs' wound up just looking like check marks.

I would love SM to get a big first times signer, but I would be just as happy with someone like Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles) who I understand hasn't done a signing before.

Not a bad prediction by me on 10th September then! :thumbup:

I would love SM to get a big first times signer, but I would be just as happy with someone like Denis Lawson (Wedge Antilles) who I understand hasn't done a signing before.

Not a bad prediction by me on 10th September then! :YAHOO:

It wasn't really a prediciton, though, was it? More of a request/want...

While we are on the topic of 'request/wants' surely there should be either another reasonably good name to go with Best and Lawson. Other than them, and no disrespect intended, we have a lot of guests coming very far down the end credits.

How about another first timer like Peter Serafinowicz...

Okay, thats good news.

Come to think of it....it may have been a dealer that told me.

Keira has skipped over Star Wars stuff in the past, but at her play last year she was 'signing' pretty much anything, including Star Wars shots. I say 'signing' because the most you got was 4 lines making up a single K, but more often than not she took the pen away before she finished so you got 3 lines or less, meaning some 'autographs' wound up just looking like check marks.

two of mine looked like NIKE swooshes. imagine paying for something like that at a convention!!!. really,she does it out of contempt for autograph people.