Bitten 2 Tickets on sale now!

showmasters

Same thing had to pay for the room up front the £10 was only if you booked on sunday!

er, so why did Mark say you could pay with deposit after Sunday up until end of January?

(David quoted it above)

Maybe the staff at the Park Inn haven't been informed or are just being problematic. I really hope they accept the deposit afterall. :unsure:

I'm 99.9% sure you can still do the £10 deposit thing as I'm sure it was mentioned on the other thread when Showmasters first announced you could do that.

I asked if we can't afford to book up the Sunday of the con, can we still get this offer afterwards and someone said yes, just as long as the balance is paid up by January 2011.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you should still be able to book with deposit only.

Sometimes the Park Inn staff is a little confused and has treated different people booking per completely different rules. I can only apologize for that. I really thought that after the little "it's sold out!" - "no it isn't" problem at the last show things would work better this time.

I'll try to find out from the office if there's a contact person one can ask for to ensure you get the correct "rate plan."

I think last time the only person knowing about open rooms was someone named Steve, but I have no idea if he's still handling the bookings.

Yes, you should still be able to book with deposit only.

Sometimes the Park Inn staff is a little confused and has treated different people booking per completely different rules. I can only apologize for that. I really thought that after the little "it's sold out!" - "no it isn't" problem at the last show things would work better this time.

I'll try to find out from the office if there's a contact person one can ask for to ensure you get the correct "rate plan."

I think last time the only person knowing about open rooms was someone named Steve, but I have no idea if he's still handling the bookings.

I think it was Scott, QS.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all,

Sorry about the confusion here. :D

You SHOULD still be able to book rooms at The Park Inn with the £10 deposit and rest by end of January!

I am actually in The States at the moment but will be back on Tuesday and will call the hotel and straighten this out. In the meantime, if you are trying to book before then please speak to Scott as he generally has a pretty good grasp of what is supposed to be happening at the hotel.

Please accept my apologies and I will sort this as soon as I get back to The UK.

Thanks

Mark :D

As well as having been charged in full on Thursday, I was told that there was a rate increase to £68 a night, so that may be something else that needs checking, Mark. It was, incidentally, the only time I've not spoken to Scott, so it just shows you!

ETA - I was also told I'd got the last twin room, not sure if that's correct or not either but there you are

Edited by sazzra

Yeah its £68 a night

Fair enough - I thought I'd seen a few people quoting £65

£65 was the original price which Mark gave. But attendees that booked in the last couple of days were told there's been a price raise.

It's all a little confusing at the moment I'm afraid.

When I asked on Sunday at Bitten the lady who was dealing with the bookings said she couldn't give us an exact price in case of an increase due to vat etc but she thought that it would be in the £65-70 per night region!!!

Yeah its £68 a night

Fair enough - I thought I'd seen a few people quoting £65

£65 was the original price which Mark gave. But attendees that booked in the last couple of days were told there's been a price raise.

It's all a little confusing at the moment I'm afraid.

That it is - according to the hotel today (I rang out of interest to see if I got a different answer today :blush: ), £68 is 'the Massive Events rate'. Full stop, end of. I'm personally not that bothered about the fact I've been charged £68 a night in full now, it's just the lack of consistency that's annoying.

Well.... I tried to book this morning using the deposit and the man on the phone says thats not possible. They haven't taken any deposit reservations since the Sunday of the event.

And according to him, everyone who has booked up to now has paid in full.

GRRRRRRRRRR! :unsure:

YAY!!!! I just tried again, and I had a lovely lady (not Claire) who just booked the room for me.... but she said they are only doing the deposits till the end of this month. That maybe something that Mark would want to discuss with them!

Only doubles so it seems I'm sharing with the sister!!!

YAY!!!! I just tried again, and I had a lovely lady (not Claire) who just booked the room for me.... but she said they are only doing the deposits till the end of this month. That maybe something that Mark would want to discuss with them!

Only doubles so it seems I'm sharing with the sister!!!

Yeah, I spoke to Scott who's just taken the £10 deposit.

The lady I spoke to on Wed told me that everyone had paid in full over the phone which I told her was untrue!

Just rang up and spoke to Claire, she said that she wasn't sure that they are doing the £10p.p. deposit anymore and that in the Notes section when she tries to submit my information it says full prepayment required.. I said that I was under the impression that payment wouldn't go out til End of Jan 2011 and she said she thought that was right too so put it in for payment then! She also said she spoke to Scott last week and they thought the T&C's of booking a room had been changed (again)..

But ah well, all done now I guess!!

Oh also booked a double room as no twins left :D I dont care just glad I'm going :D was so peed off that I was on hols when Bitten was on...

I can breathe a little sigh of relief because the deposit has been taken from my account... They will have the rest of the payment in a couple of weeks so no worries now!! :dance::lol:

Why oh why does Bitten 2 need to be next year!!! :o

Yeah only the deposit has come out of my account too :D

I'm just wondering if anyone can update us on how ticket sales are going?

I know its early days, but i do have some friends who are considering booking soon (soon as they got money that is) and just want to make sure there is plenty of tickets left :)

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully getting some gold tickets in the next few weeks.

Also wanted to ask, about the 'group' thing. If I buy myself a gold ticket and then one for my boyfriend a couple of weeks later, does that affect if we will be together in a group ?

Edited by Queen Vee