MIke Tyson experience

I didn't get an autograph but had a photoshoot with him. He was pretty good in that given how many people they had to get through, seemed up for doing different poses with people and acknowledged everyone on their way through.

Not sure how he was in the signing bit, didn't look like he was personalising but he did have a pretty big queue at the start.

Met Mike Tyson early on Sunday morning. Got up especially early so that i could get a ticket to meet him and get his autograph. Cant honestly say it was one of my best Showmasters experiences what will all the hanging around and last minute alterations to the signing area, BUT it will be a memory that will stay with me for a long, long time :D

When i did actually meet him he was a real gentleman and asked me on TWO occasions if i wanted my 10"x8"s parsonalised even though he was under strickt orders from his managing crew (and allot of them there were too!!) not to!!

Thank you Showmasters for getting a true legend of the ring to the LFCC show. I was well worth it :D

had a phot shoot, was very impressed at how friendly he was, didnt expect contact but he initiated it with everyone, smiled said hello to everyone. was surprised.

made me laugh seeing one of the entorage followers following behind him with a small china plate of grapes for tyson to turn and nibble on lol, like following ceaser or something, was half expecting sexy girls with big feather fans to be following him also lol

but yes seemed very nice and open to his fans, was a surprise, he is also taller than i imagiened

I had photoshoot with him and he was very personable, just said hello and thank you but shook my hand and seemed genuinely happy to meet us.

I do get the impression that his people make more a fuss of him than he realises, like the extra boards up at his signing, from what i was told, he didnt know they were put up extra

a guy infront of me in the photo shoot had boxing gloves, he put one on and gave Mike the other, he struggled to get it on over his hand and posed. then before giving it back, he pretended to unload on the guys "bread basket". It was great to see.

I know a few people that got the DX pose in their pics referencing his WWE appearances and he was genuinely happy to do it, seems like a massive wrestling fan.

Oh, i was told about a guy in the signing with boxing tattoos that he made a real fuss of too, hugged him and posed for a pic.

He really seems like "The Nicest Guy On The Planet" now days!

he is also taller than i imagiened

I saw him pop his head out of the signing area and thought he was kinda short.

sorry for the double post...

I am half inch over 6 foot and I towered above Iron Mike as was pointed out by some of my friends since they saw my pic.

Edited by snot182

Hi-jacking the wifes sign in details here.

I am usually just the chauffeur and financier on these trips,I dont mind so long as the wife is enjoying herself.BUT............... I just could not resist meeting Iron Mike.I saw the thing with the lad with the tatts',it was a magic moment.MT was genuinley very impressed with what he saw and made a real fuss of him,much to the annoyance of the minders.He said 'is this your woman'? 'come on get a picture' he then personalised his photo.The young man was TOTALLY blown away.

Bit of chaos with the queue and the boards but for me it just built up the excitement.

i was in the background as all the tyson euphoria was going on,overhyped i thought with all the security etc,still martin brody was happy! overall a great guest if you like you boxing :(

I saw Shatner sneaking in to see Tyson just before he left on Sunday, also saw who I think was Daniel Logan getting very over excited about getting his photo shoots with Tyson back as well.

It seems it wasn't just us punters who were glad to have him over!

I have seen a lot of press coverage about Mike coming to the UK, and all of it positive. He genuinely seems to have turned a corner in his turbulent life. I couldn't have seen him 10years ago starring in The Hangover.

Had a photo with Tyson and he was very relaxed, shuck my hand and he put his arm around my shoulder...

This is what I wanted from Shatner, but for that one he was sat down and I had to stoop down to make sure he didn't look really short..

I saw the thing with the lad with the tatts',it was a magic moment. MT was genuinley very impressed with what he saw and made a real fuss of him,much to the annoyance of the minders.He said 'is this your woman'? 'come on get a picture' he then personalised his photo.The young man was TOTALLY blown away.

What was the deal with the tats?

I thought Mike was brilliant. I asked about 3 people who were in the first signing batch what he was like, ie did he shake hands, did he speak etc and they all said there was no acknowledgement, just signed the photo and that was it.

When my turn came I found him to be brilliant. I said " how are you Mike" he said "I'm fine thanks are you ". I said yes, brilliant thanks.

Then I said "pleasure to meet you Mike" to which he replied "pleasure to meet you too" . I offered a handshake and he genuinely acknowledged me with a smile and gave me a good handshake !

Short, but absolutely brilliant meeting, one I'll never forget.

• Moderators

Hi Dante,

We are removing any comments in relation to certain subject matters that we do not feel are appropriate to be discussing on here. Sadly your post fell under that.

Thank you for your understanding.

As for it being a film and comic con rather than a sports con - the sports guests often appear as an additional bonus, not part of the normal lineup, and so have no impact on anything. I see nothing wrong with that.

Shame - it was factual, and a genuine question - not looking to cause trouble or anything.

With regards to the sports guests, I like LFCC just being about film, tv and comics - bit worried that if it gets diluted into sports as well, it'll turn into an Autographica type event....

Theres always been one or two sports guests at each event, some more than others.

What bodes well for us non-sports fans is that despite Tyson being a sports guest, people were willing to pay more than regular prices to meet him.

So take that model and apply it to a big film or tv star and Jason and the gang can see that getting bigger names even if it costs more than usual might not be a bad idea occasionally.

Theres always been one or two sports guests at each event, some more than others.

What bodes well for us non-sports fans is that despite Tyson being a sports guest, people were willing to pay more than regular prices to meet him.

So take that model and apply it to a big film or tv star and Jason and the gang can see that getting bigger names even if it costs more than usual might not be a bad idea occasionally.

Agreed!

I saw the thing with the lad with the tatts',it was a magic moment. MT was genuinley very impressed with what he saw and made a real fuss of him,much to the annoyance of the minders.He said 'is this your woman'? 'come on get a picture' he then personalised his photo.The young man was TOTALLY blown away.

What was the deal with the tats?

One of the first people in the queue was a young bloke,probably early twenties,he was obviously a big boxing fan,he had tattoo's on both arms of some of the big names.MT spotted them and made a big fuss over him.

Like I said,much to the annoyance of the minders,I overheard one of them say something along the lines of 'if there are many more people with tattoo's we will never get through everyone'