Is anyone else tired of all the film/tv guests?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless someone has conducted a survey that can prove otherwise, I figure that having the majority of guests from film and TV is what the majority of punters want, and thats what generates the income to get the show run every year.

The event is very successful and seems to get bigger every year, so can't see the format changing.

That said, i wouldn't object to comic related guests being announced just because I'm not interested in them, I simply won't meet them, each to their own.

i think the balance was good last year, i really enjoyed both aspects of the con and did really enjoy chatting to some of the comic book artists and manga ilastrators.

and i hate to point it out but voice over artists are normaly actors and are normaly something to do with tv so saying that no more t.v /film guests is sort of shooting yourself in the foot. i tend to watch most anime/manga with the subs but would love to see the voice artists for that but likely hood of that happening is slim to non as the cost would be astrinomical and not enough turn around.

today anime/manga is much more main stream and available to the masses, what you have now is a pretty diverse spectrum of artists and talent, when i was hevely in to it ten year ago there was very little and i would have loved to have the kind of event like lfcc to visit, and this isn't a count yourself lucky post (even if you should) im just stating a fact.

i'd love to see some of my friends come over and do a con, my best mates brother in law is an amaing artist, but has to work, and is incredibly shy, so both things have stoped him wanting to do this kind of event.

there is a lot to factor and over a month, a lot of the artists that showed up last year were last min things and sometimes they are the best

If you don't like it don't attend D:

No disrespect, touchthesky but I hate it when people say this legendary phrase and it aint even my thread! So cliche, lazy, smartarsed, smug, over-used and annoying. :unsure:

Plus it's besides the point - if SM dont like comics then they shouldnt call it LFCC, if people don't like the lack of x guests then SM shouldn't promise them, if people don't like this thread/post they shouldn't reply to it etc.

I'm not a comics fan but I see where the OP is coming from but as DavidB said, LFCC is just the name and its all about marketing.

Edited by nicky

No disrespect, touchthesky but I hate it when people say this legendary phrase and it aint even my thread! So cliche, lazy, smartarsed, smug, over-used and annoying. :unsure:

Plus it's besides the point - if SM dont like comics then they shouldnt call it LFCC, if people don't like the lack of x guests then SM shouldn't promise them, if people don't like this thread/post they shouldn't reply to it etc.

I'm not a comics fan but I see where the OP is coming from but as DavidB said, LFCC is just the name and its all about marketing.

Completely agree, before I saw your post I was just about to say I hate when people say that! He's not saying he doesn't like it therefore he'll not attend. He's saying it's a great event, lots of promise, and is a great opportunity to broaden the kind of guests given the name of the show.

Very true, and it has to be said that the bulk of attendees will be going for movie/tv guests.

Maybe they should just change it to London Signing Event!

It's like a drug but not quite

Edited by JacknDaniel

• Moderators

There's also television guests, and sometimes guests from other areas, as well as stalls and games etc.

I guess the London Film and TV and Comic and Games and Stalls and Jason in his awesome shirts Con would be tricky to put on an advert though.

This is supposed to be a film and comic con. Right now, all I see is a comic con with a few token film and tv guests. The balance is very uneven and needs to be sorted out ASAP. I hope we will see at least another half dozen film guests at this year's event. Please make this happen, showmasters.

Anyone else tired of all these comic/artist guests?

When are we going to get some real tv/film announcements??

( I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit)

Edited by keithporter23

2 comic guests just announced, humm im gonna start a thread, isnt everyone sick of naoko mori not being at the lfcc and isnt everyone sick of there not being a firefly reunion con. then hopefully both will happen ;-)

I only see one comic guest and that's Al Davison.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=58108

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=55592

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=51693

Lurk moar.

Edited by MartyMichaels

Um, the person I was replying to was referring to the two most recent announcements. I was already well aware of Lee Townsend and Greg Rucka appearing.

This is supposed to be a film and comic con. Right now, all I see is a comic con with a few token film and tv guests. The balance is very uneven and needs to be sorted out ASAP. I hope we will see at least another half dozen film guests at this year's event. Please make this happen, showmasters.

Anyone else tired of all these comic/artist guests?

When are we going to get some real tv/film announcements??

( I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit)

And not a very successful attempt at it, either.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that London has an event like this year and wish it all the best but I just think that it has not quite reached its full potential in some areas. If there is actually action occurring behind the scenes in rectifying this, then I take back what I've been saying and hope it bears fruit. I realise American comic guests are hard to attract but I hope the likes of British folk like Charlie Adlard, Mark Millar, Dave Gibbons and Grant Morrison can make it down to LFCC.

Edited by AlanMoore'sBeard

No disrespect, touchthesky but I hate it when people say this legendary phrase and it aint even my thread! So cliche, lazy, smartarsed, smug, over-used and annoying. :smile:

Lighten up?

:D