A big thank you to Showmasters for another brilliant show

keithporter23

Just wanted to add my thanks once again SM for another excellent show. Thank you for the opportunity to meet such fantastic guests. The crew were fantastic and helpful as always and my gf and I had a great time. Looking forward to the next show already!

Edited by keithporter23

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it has been a fantastic show. All the guests I saw were really nice, friendly and chatty. They all seem to have come well prepared for the British weather and so were well wrapped up. :rolleyes:

The crew were, as ever, friendly and helpful and the whole event was well organised. The number system on the photo shoots seemed to work well.

All in all a good weekend and over far too quickly. Just wish I could have afforded another day. Ah well, not long to wait for LFCC.

Yes, thanks from me too! This was my first big signing show and everything ran incredibly smoothly, all my guests were really lovely and friendly - I'll be back next year. :D

What about the one later THIS year?

:rolleyes:

Yes, thanks from me too! This was my first big signing show and everything ran incredibly smoothly, all my guests were really lovely and friendly - I'll be back next year. :D

What about the one later THIS year?

:rolleyes:

Exactly. Don't forget Collectormania 17 in Oct. Hoping for a few guest announcements for this soon.

Having bought a record number of photoshoots for this event and managed to acquire all the autographs I wanted, I can only agree that this was a brilliant event. (Even the rain on Saturday couldn't dampen my enthusiasm!) Thanks very much, SM!

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Thanks to all for another great show. All the guests that we met were absolutely lovely.

Joe Flanigan was determined not to be outdone by my photo experience with Jason last year and proposed on one knee.

Peter Kwong and Chaske were great, Tommy Knight was a sweetie, and the Voyager guests were brilliant. Linda Hamilton and Nicki Clyne were really nice too.

You never let us down - keep running the events and we'll be there :rolleyes:

I cannot give a big enough thank yous to Showmasters, the guys and gals right there at the top, the crewmembers, and everyone else for todays SPECTACULAR experience, this was my first ever collectormania and I assure you it will NOT be my last.

One thing I could not get over was just how nice and friendly everyone was, both stars, staff and everyone else.

The experiences I had with the stars was beautiful, and I have no idea what else to say but to say I enjoyed it would be a very mild understatement :thumbup:

THANK YOU AND THANK YOU AGAIN :D

Also one thing that does stick out was when my friends and I were walking around we became a bit concerned for Mr. Kenny Baker and being exposed to the elements and were very happy to see that later on his location had changed to inside the dealers room whoever decided to change this showed a lot of thought and care to a true screen legend.

Myself, UK Gator and one of our friends have had a brilliant weekend.

Peter Kwong was fantastic. The Klingons were great. Lance LeGault was a real Gentleman. All the Trek and Dward guests were amazing. Patrick Stewart was fantastic. He was very friendly and approachable. Personally I got a record number of signatures and photoshoots and I regret nothing. Got to meet Timelord again who is a real gent, too.

On another note, The crew! They were fantastic. They were soooo helpful in getting me through to photoshoots ontime.

Also, this was my sisters first time and she keep home very happy from meeting Chaske Spencer.

Well done Jason and the team. I look forward to being at LFCC in July and attending another excellent event.

fantastic event thank you showmasters

all the guests i met were great.

but special mention has to go to

sat -

michelle was lovely, gorgeous, polite and smily,

the dwarf cast for being so friendly and up for a laugh

and MYANNA BURING!!!! not only is she so beautiful she is such a nice person, at the phto shoot she spent time welcoming and talking to everyone and saying goodbye to everyone, she seemed genuinely surprised and happy that so many ppl wanted to see her! it was so nice seeing her reactions, when i went up she used the words gorgeous, tall and handsome when saying hello to me, now I know she was saying similar to most but still it made me feel great, such a lovely and beautiful woman!

sun -

JG and Robert were fantastic, once in costume and make up they were talking like klingons, singing songs, hitting ppl (friendly hits) and having a great time, very impressed with them.

Mon - tomorrow

gotta say, everyone on here knows how much I love naoko mori and how im desperate for her to be at a CM or LFCC, well Myanna is giving her a run for her money, I love Myanna, Please showmasters get her back soon!!!!!!

the venue (my first cm mk) i liked apart from the wind and rain in the concourse, i loved every other aspect of the venue though. but all venues have pros and cons

my only thought reg the con on a down note is what exactly was happening with the photo shoot tickets? colours and numbers? ( sat the colours meant nothing, sunday they did and yellow went before red) and second photo shoot in on sat we find out we need to keep the ticket stubs for collection or we wont get our photo, (nothing mentioned on the forum that i remember) lucky enough I had kept it form my first shoot but (as I suspected as with the amount of ppl collecting and the hyenas (certain attendees) jumping on the desk and hanging there till there photo is delivered at all the events ive been to I couldnt see it working) this system wasnt implemented on collection, but the few crew I spoke to all had varying ideas on how the new system worked, but all said about the keeping the stub for collection though at no point was this implemented when I was there, this in no way harmed my enjoyment of the con which I loved, but it seems an unnecessary confusion to me

the guests were great, the crew were also great and a couple hot ;-)

another great event, thankyou showmasters

Well, let me add our voice to this thread.

My wife and I are both unemplyed at the moment so coming to something like this has been a real treat. Whe we were both working, we would do both MK Manias every year. Now things are a bit tougher and we've had to do some hard skrimping and saving what we could, and because of it we have had a really fanatstic time!!!

Whilst I hated it that some of our wish list guests had to cancel (Nigel, Tom...see you next time guys) on this occasion it really worked in our favour budget wise. It meant that we could add Jennie Linden to our lad's growing Dr Who "have autographs from" list.

With careful planning and saving we covered...

Patrick Stewart X2

Michelle Forbes

Kate Mulgrew

Tim Russ

Colin Baker

Jennie Linden (late addition :P )

Jeff Combs

Linda Hamilton X2

As our last CM was a whole year ago when Leonard Nimoy and Ben Browder came over, we have really enjoyed and appreciated this one a whole lot more.

Thank you SM.

Great event. General thanks to all.

Special thanks to the guests and deskbound crew who no doubt suffered the most from the windy conditions.

Specific thanks to the combination of Kelly, the other lady I spoke to this morning at the organisers booth(sorry I didn't get your name!), Jess, and SJ for assisting in the recovery of Sir Patricks right shoulder on my photoshoot.

Also to Simone and the pink gloved money collecting lady (again sorry) at Michelle Forbes queue on Saturday afternoon who allowed me to leave the queue, after paying to attend my three consecutive photoshoots and then rejoin. Michelle was a tad later back from lunch than expected, bless her!

Finally, the photoshoot crews. I have never had so many photoshoots at one event. I was expecting the inevitable multiple overlaps. I was expecting to have to request a 'bump to the front' on more than one occassion. I never needed to once. From my perspective I have never seen it run so smoothly. Well done!

Special thanks to the guests and deskbound crew who no doubt suffered the most from the windy conditions.

I agree.

Brilliant, i had a great time. Thanks to the crew and showmasters for making this a brilliant event. :)

Fantastic as always - the only negative points I ever have to say about CM : MK are about the venue. Not a big fan at all. On top of that, I really don't understand why 'sports fans' seem to only be willing to eat KFC and McDonalds - not having anywhere decent to eat just make me want to cut the visit short, which is a pity.

Crew fantastic and friendly as always, and everything (except the venue) note perfect.

awesome event cm16

now im looking forward to LFCC guest announcements ;-)

Would have said a proper hello to you Timelord81r, but I was on a crewing mission over the weekend - although I do believe it was you I gave a photo to at the Photo Collection area on Sunday!