Eternal Twilight 5

showmasters

for me, im not worried about the tickets selling out, im sure they wont at all so if that is the case, and most people wont be able to buy any sort of ticket, then whats the point of the going on sale so soon?

again i say that i understand and get that to secure bigger stars they need the money and proof that the show will be a success, but if most people cant buy tickets then isnt the point then defeated?

i want to get a low numbered ticket, if im doing gold then thats what i would like to do

Edited by evenstar_r

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see the thing that bothers me about this the most is et3 didnt sell out et4 still hasnt sold out yet and yeah there is lots of time to sell tickets but by putting the sale date forward I dont think it will help ticket sales at all. I can see a lot of regular et goers being ticked off by this which is understandable. I do love coming to these events i rele do but this is getting crazy :wub:

I can understand that it is soon, but dont worry, it wont sell out yet :wub:

It is only really a problem if you want a low ticket number but cant afford to buy your ticket at the moment.

I want to go to Roadhouse and ET4, but havent bought tickets to either yet.

I am not bothered what ticket number I get, just that I can go.

And since Reading sells out in a matter of hours, I had to make sure I had the £411 I needed to buy two tickets to that first, so have prioritised that way.

There will be plenty of time to get tickets as long as you dont mind what ticket number you get.

Jola will come on and say when ticket sales are getting low to something, so there is always time.

ET4 hasnt sold out yet, so there is still time for that which definitely means there will be time for ET5 tickets.

Rhi i understand what you mean but reading fest is completely different at least you know they are going on sale 2-3 months before they do go on sale and even then you have two options either buy in presale or buy when on general sale which are a year apart.

Im not ranting at you just bad comparison.

Okay, dont use Reading as the example then. It was just at the forefront of my mind as that is how my money has had to be allocated at the moment.

Just use the example that if people have a lot of cons they wish to attend, then it just means they buy tickets as and when they have the money.

Cons are expensive, they are awesome an fun, I love them! But they are not compulsary, you only do something if you can afford to. I would pay to go to each and every one if I could, but there are four in our house that like to attend cons, so we go to what we can afford.

All SM/ME did was announce the dates and that tickets are available SHOULD people wish to purchase them.

Not forcing anyone to, just saying when they will be available from.

They wont sell out straight away, so everybody will still get a chance to get one over the next few months anyway

Just a shame that people are getting upset.

(and I am not aiming that at anyone either, I can see both sides) :wub:

i know ure only doing your job rhi and this isnt aimed at you either but tbh I give up what I really wanna say I feel like I shouldnt because of the possible backlash I may get. I have said my point and ill leave it at that but people on the boards have spoken and this should be taken into account.

stick a fork in me im done :)

I understand why the tickets are on sale so early. If Rob, Taylor or even Kristen can be guaranteed because of this, then I think its worth it. :WAVE:

On the other hand I understand that some people are going to struggle finding funds and will annoyed/upset, especially if they are after Gold 1, 2, 3....

I think Showmasters hate being in this position... either please the attendees or keep the business alive. :D:wub:

lol Dont worry Rachel, nothing is getting deleted, there is no need, people are only expressing their opinions, so SM/ME will get to read everything and see peoples views.

However, some expressed dissatisfaction after ET4 tickets went on sale earlier than usual, SM/ME saw those comments and obviously made the decision to still put these tickets on sale early too.

They did delay the sale of the ET4 tickets slightly after people requested, so they are trying to be helpful where they can

We will just have to leave it up to them as to what they decide to do.

You are always welcome to PM me on facebook if you want to chat. Dont think I can help much though lol But you are very welcome :D

Edited by Rhianydd

I had really good numbered tickets for ET 1, 2, 3 & the prom. I sadly couldn't afford to get tickets for ET4 when they went onsale, managed to get the money togther just before ET3, but I know my number is in 400's as SM put up a message about ticket sales just after I'd purchased. This is already gutting, but I thought oh well hopefully we'll get more notice for ET5, so I can put money aside and make sure I get myself a good number again. Well there goes that thinking!!!

I'm sorry but this is a bit of a slap to us that are huge supporters of both Twilight and SM!

Cons are expensive, they are awesome an fun, I love them! But they are not compulsary, you only do something if you can afford to. I would pay to go to each and every one if I could, but there are four in our house that like to attend cons, so we go to what we can afford.

All SM/ME did was announce the dates and that tickets are available SHOULD people wish to purchase them.

Not forcing anyone to, just saying when they will be available from.

They wont sell out straight away, so everybody will still get a chance to get one over the next few months anyway

Just a shame that people are getting upset.

(and I am not aiming that at anyone either, I can see both sides) :D

I have been to all the ETs and got gold tickets always being in the first group or first part of the second group I like to have a low number I was G4 at ET2 and I loved it I know cons arent compulsary but they are something I really enjoy doing I dont go out as much cuz I like to have money to buy con tickets (I also have gold for Bitten and Roadhouse) I can understand why the tickets might need to go on sale early but I dont understand why they couldnt have given us a bit more notice they say that they want the loyal fans to come first but I really dont feel like we are coming first and again this isnt ago at anyone I just wanted to say how I feel about it all cuz yes it is a little annoying more than upsetting.

i think if their reason for putting the tickets on sale so early is because they are hoping for a guest such as taylor then perhaps even if they have had the contracts back and whatever not to announce any huge guests straight away or it will sell out very quickly, i know thats the aim but if a huge guest was announced it would probably sell out even if it was a week before the event so... dunno :D

This is Jasons comment from the new ET5 Forum (Thanks Ruth)

hi all this is not a april fools joke at all

we are putting on ET 5 tickets on sale soon and there are many good reasons behind this i will explain why.

1 we need to get the date booked so people know when the event is going to take place so they can plan for it

2 we need to get the date and the event on the diary of the bigger guests we want to attend this event as some

guests are getting so much work now days of the back of Twilight we need to get in early and penciled in

3 we are working along side other events in the US and we have to start talking to the guests at around the

same time as they do now as there are lots of events for Twilight guest to go to now days in other countries

so now we have to get in first to have the head start

4 booking guests before the film is out helps us get some great guests before everyone knows how good they

are in the film , we have friends on the inside and we get the head up on some guest that are ether cool

people or there parts are really good , so it really helps to be ahead of the game and we are

5 hotels are hard things to get space in and the hotel we use is just right for what we have planed and there are very few that are that big and are free to run an event like ET so we have to book it early and that also mean we have to pay for it , also when we book any guest we also have to pay them if its 2 months out or 8 months out it all has to be paid for , its getting harder to run events for Twilight because the films and the guest are so big now , and TWICON going bust in the us showed this to be the case , but we have been running events for many years and work a way to run great event and a fair price and be able to book the best guest we can , so we sometimes have to put tickets on sale early to help us be able to put on the best events we can , i know some of you did not think they would go on sale so soon but its something that had to happen .

we do not do this because we feel like it , there are very good thoughts behind why we do anything , we really think it though, and for us to be able to run some amazing events in 2010 and 2011 this had to happen .

in the US 20 dates went up for Twilight events at once for the hole year , all went on sale at once , they also did this bacause they had to book hotels and guests a year in advance so its normal for this to happen when you buy tickets for a concert sometimes they sell out in a day this dose not happen with these events but we do have to put them on sale early now days .

we know some fans cannot afford to buy tickets straightaway but the other alternative is that the events do not grow they get smaller and start to not be able to run and get the big hotels and then you could not see the amount of tickets we need to pay for the big guests and then you just cannot afford to book the big guests .

this way we sell what we can early which pays for hotels and the first guest , we then have the date early and then we can put offers out to the all the guests we want to attend and they then have our event on there radar 1st and we work out the deal points and if they are clear we book them , then we put up the guest and sell more tickets , also if we have a big guest like Rob or Taler we have a big hotel so that we can sell thickets to pay for them , so its the only way to go forward .

we do care and we only want to do the best for the fans and the event we know its sometimes hard but all things have to work or they would just stop , we are not doing to this to make money we are running event to be able to just run the best Twilight event we can in the world , we have had most of the guests out there that have done events and we are pushing very hard to get the rest of them in the end we know that we will not let any of you down with the events we run , i hope you can see we are doing our best for you all .

thanks for reading all this

have a great Easter

yours

jason :D

Edited by Rhianydd

Thank you for the cross-post!

Fair dos I suppose, it's good to have a bit more of an explanation and that all makes sense. If missing out on low ticket numbers is what we need to do to get awesome guests, that's OK.

Edited by Spectrum

Ok...you dont come on the fourm for a while casue you have a mountain of work and when you do you find out this!!

Well I can offically say that Sam and Deb will not be able to go to ET5, there is no way we can get the money in time seeing as I'm going down to London with my best mate for two days, plus have a final show to buy costumes and props for and a friends birthday, plus am hoping to get a laptop. Dammit.

While i'm GUTTED the tickets are going on sale so early. I'm happy with the 'bigger' guest announcement maybe Rob Taylor or more Cullens?

I can get the money in time but others cant, it might be helpful saying the date is bla bla tickets go on sale in a months time. 19 days is a little silly to me for those who like to have high numbers.

Hi, I don't mean for this too be done now, but with everything being said about ET5 I was wondering if it was at all possible to give us a date to pencil in our dairies about when ET6 is and when the tickets are likely to go up for sale. At least a good few months before they do go on sale.

E.g. 21st-23rd Oct 2011 or late Oct and the Tickets should be available mid January.

This way everyone who is interested in going will know when they need to money ready by and it should save a lot of heartache and headaches.

Cheers :)

Ack well, thanks for explaining Jason. :P

I thought that the official cons were shut down for a minute!! When he said twi con lol

think he means the other official cons,lol (not sure if i am allow to say what they call but you would need to be under rock not to know them)

Good conversation...

"Hi Dad... i haven't Been to ET4 yet...but ET5 tickets go on sale in 19 days.... good huh!?"

Not gonna happen....

though i don't think the date should be pushed back...they just won't sell out as quick....