We Really, Really need Gareth David LLoyd

julie Hannah

We really need Gareth at this Convention to make it a Torchwood Weekend to remember and he wasn't at Hub4 so he needs to be at Hub5 , put him together with Tom Price, Matt Rippy, Ben Loyd Holmes, Ruth Jones, Murray Melvin (Scary Bilis), Matt Ryan (Meat), Owen Teale (Sherman Evan, countrycide), Amy Manson and Heather Craney( Fragments) and it would be Brilliant. Plus it would be great to have have some new faces at a Torchwood Convention, Matt Ryan, Murray Melvin, Owen Teale, Amy Manson, Heather Craney have all been at BadWolf Conventions but never Torchwood Conventions and they are Superb people to be around and so full of fun. So come on Showmasters lets have some new faces at Hub5 it would make things a little bit more exciting to have Photo's with new faces. What does everyone think. Julie-t ^_^:(

• Moderators

Gareth has said a few times now that he wants to get away from the con circuit for a bit after his committed ones this year, so I highly doubt he'd want to come, tbh.

We really need Gareth at this Convention to make it a Torchwood Weekend to remember and he wasn't at Hub4 so he needs to be at Hub5 , put him together with Tom Price, Matt Rippy, Ben Loyd Holmes, Ruth Jones, Murray Melvin (Scary Bilis), Matt Ryan (Meat), Owen Teale (Sherman Evan, countrycide), Amy Manson and Heather Craney( Fragments) and it would be Brilliant. Plus it would be great to have have some new faces at a Torchwood Convention, Matt Ryan, Murray Melvin, Owen Teale, Amy Manson, Heather Craney have all been at BadWolf Conventions but never Torchwood Conventions and they are Superb people to be around and so full of fun. So come on Showmasters lets have some new faces at Hub5 it would make things a little bit more exciting to have Photo's with new faces. What does everyone think. Julie-t ^_^:(

I totally agree with having new faces etc for photos and autographs, however, Gareth, Ben, Tom and Matt have all been before. I think Hub 5 should be all new faces (apart from the main cast). Great people to have would be Owen Teale, Ruth Jones, Amy Manson, Heather Craney, Freema Agyemon, Alan Dale, Peter Capaldi, Indira Varma and Lucy Cohu.

Hi Reddragon,. Gareth phoned me at Christmas to invite my Son to his Panto in Preston and he took us to the local pub for a drink and i was asking what he was going to do with his time now Torchwood isn't an option, he said he was off to Australia to do some filming and had some very small projects after that. But he said he wouldn't mind doing a convention towards the end of the year, so keep your fingers crossed that it is Hub 5 he chooses to attend. Glad you agree with me about new faces i just think that the Torchwood Conventions need a fresh new look as there are only so many poses you can do with the same person, so lets hope Showmasters/Massive Events agree with us. So lets Vote for new guests for Hub 5. julie-t :lol::lol:

• Moderators

Well, Indira Varma and Caroline Chikezie are both on my list of people I'd love to see at a Hub - be nice if we could try for James again too, as he couldn't make 3 in the end. Some writers/other creative types could be really interesting for talks too - at least if my twitter interactions with some of them are anything to go by!

Well, Indira Varma and Caroline Chikezie are both on my list of people I'd love to see at a Hub - be nice if we could try for James again too, as he couldn't make 3 in the end. Some writers/other creative types could be really interesting for talks too - at least if my twitter interactions with some of them are anything to go by!

I second the call for James Marsters cos he couldn't attend Hub 3, it wasn't his fault but im sure people were disappointed so he has to be top of the list for the Hub5

Whilst it would be super-fabby to have Gareth there, it would be getting very close to his wedding (unless he wanted to escape the headache of wedding planning for the headache of con :D )

Personally I would love love love there to be James (because he's super-yummy-delish, in the 'like Hugh Jackman' kindaway), and the ladies who played Alice and Emily and Owen Teale (cos I could pretend to be 16 again), and some of the writers *cough*James Goss*cough*

But really, the thing that makes me want to go are the cool and rather fabulous people that I met at 3, none of whom were guests, but without which it would have been a very dull experience *squishes you all*

• Moderators

Having moved a lot of the discussion and negative comments from this topic, I suggest we leave this now for those who would like GDL to be there, and use other topics where necessary.

(Most were removed due to them not making sense out of context, so there's no personal reasons etc!)

• 5 weeks later...

Having moved a lot of the discussion and negative comments from this topic, I suggest we leave this now for those who would like GDL to be there, and use other topics where necessary.

(Most were removed due to them not making sense out of context, so there's no personal reasons etc!)

hi i would love gareth, john barrowman, burn gorman, james would be brilliant has i not seen him at weekend convention, to be at the next one as i missed hub 4 :thumbdown:

due to the flu and funds but mainly being ill

As long as we have some main torchwood stars as guests i love to attend as the hub2 and hub3 were brilliant.

I sure ruth jones would be fun. eve and nakoi would be good,

I would LOVE Gareth to be there. He is always brilliant and was missed at the Hub 4 (it was still a bloody brilliant weekend without him but he does kinda make the weekend for a lot of people :thumbup: ) x

At the risk of being shot down - he was not missed at the weekend. The event was made by many people who had me in stitches - eve, Naoke, Cush talk - Ene and Kai etc. One man does not an event make...

I would LOVE Gareth to be there. He is always brilliant and was missed at the Hub 4 (it was still a bloody brilliant weekend without him but he does kinda make the weekend for a lot of people :thumbup: ) x

At the risk of being shot down - he was not missed at the weekend. The event was made by many people who had me in stitches - eve, Naoke, Cush talk - Ene and Kai etc. One man does not an event make...

I agree 110%. You're definitely not alone.

• Moderators

As much as it would be lovely to see Gareth back at an event, the event did do just fine without him.

I would LOVE Gareth to be there. He is always brilliant and was missed at the Hub 4 (it was still a bloody brilliant weekend without him but he does kinda make the weekend for a lot of people B) ) x

Totally agreed there!

• Moderators

Yes, if he does come back, we need to keep the questions more... varied, like this time. We all got the 1000s of questions about the death out of our systems at 3, right?

Yes, if he does come back, we need to keep the questions more... varied, like this time. We all got the 1000s of questions about the death out of our systems at 3, right?

Totally agree! There have GOT to be other questions to ask apart from:

'What's it like to kiss JB?'

'Is Ianto ever coming back?'

'When will Ianto come back?'

'How do you want Ianto to come back?'

etc etc

It would be fun to see him again, cos he makes me giggle, and he may want to escape Wedding Preparation HQ, but if it's him or James Marsters, I'd rather have the Marsters!

Even though I'm a GDL fan, I did think the weekend was better without him after the constant "Ianto's dead" questions at Hub3. The panels were more equal question wise and still hilarious.

I was thinking the same - as much as I would love Gareth (and John if he can make it) to be at Hub 5, it won't bother me if they aren't. I think it was proven this weekend that everyone else can be hilarious without them, that last panel especially. I don't think he was missed either, as awful as that may sound.

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

Totally agree that the weekend was amazing even without GDL.

He is a great guest, and I'd love him to be at Hub 5, but I think it's a bit disrespectful to the guests who do attend if people start saying 'It's not a Hub without....'.

I'm sure ME will get some amazing guests for this event, it just remains to be seen if they include Gareth.