where is everyone coming from and staying?

maxi

Hiya this will be my 1st London film and comic con

I was just wondering where everyone is travelling from and where are you staying?

Im coming from Stoke on trent and staying at the Ibis.

Tickets booked, photos booked just hope to get time off work now lol ........ or sicky it is lol cough cough sneeze sneeze

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coming down from Dunfermline so another member of the Scottish invasion force!!

Will probably be staying at Lily hotel or Ibis Earls Court as they are both near the venue.

LFCC is much bigger than Collectormania Glasgow with lots more stalls/guests/events. Still wouldn't miss Collectormania Glasgow for the world though!! Looking forward to this years already! Bring on the SW guests!!

Yo,

we're comin from Glasgow.

If anyone has been to both, how diffrent is it to Collectormania Glasgow (or a simlar smaller Collectormania)

Oh, and if anyone finds a good, cheap hotel, could you point us to it?

Cheers

FK

At CM Glasgow the virtual queues very rarely get used to much where as at LFCC most guests will have them in place, so for any big guests be there early not to miss out. I would also recommend buying any photoshoots online rather than at the show 1 They tend to sell out fast, 2 the lines can get very busy to buy them. LFCC has alot more dealers and if really busy for most of the day. Lots of cosplayers to.

As for hotels a few people stay at the easy hotel in earls court. Most people i know stay at the Ibis. There are plenty to choice from depending on budget, but you will not get any cheaper than the easy hotel unless you stay at a hostel.

Am sure your enjoy it :thumbup:

Andrew

Hiya this will be my 1st London film and comic con

I was just wondering where everyone is travelling from and where are you staying?

Im coming from Stoke on trent and staying at the Ibis.

Tickets booked, photos booked just hope to get time off work now lol ........ or sicky it is lol cough cough sneeze sneeze

Pretty much ditto. Coming from Leek and saying at Ibis :thumbup:

Yo,

we're comin from Glasgow.

If anyone has been to both, how diffrent is it to Collectormania Glasgow (or a simlar smaller Collectormania)

Oh, and if anyone finds a good, cheap hotel, could you point us to it?

Cheers

FK

Only thing I really noticed was that the queues were crazy long but the virtual queue idea is decent. I tried to make sure I knew when guests I wanted to meet were going to lunch etc as well so I didn't get to confused... :thumbup:

Also, buy as many tickets as you can online! My boyfriend got his photoshoots on the day and he was queueing fr AGES.

coming down from Dunfermline so another member of the Scottish invasion force!!

Will probably be staying at Lily hotel or Ibis Earls Court as they are both near the venue.

LFCC is much bigger than Collectormania Glasgow with lots more stalls/guests/events. Still wouldn't miss Collectormania Glasgow for the world though!! Looking forward to this years already! Bring on the SW guests!!

It's rapidly turning into Braveheart! :D

All welcome though and bring on the Star Wars guests everywhere!

last year I stayed at Easy Hotels (which is VERY orange - not good with hangover)

I was stuck in the dungeon/basement there !!! Bloody horrible, could not even get a mobile phone signal it was so far down! If I ever stay again, im gonna insist on a window ;)

BTW i'm travelling from North-East.

I'll be coming from Portsmouth (ish) so I'll be going up and back each day like I did last year - unless there's someone I really want to see on the Sunday in which case I'll stay to make sure I can get there early, like I did with CM London.

Edited by lizzy88